Film Prometheus

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
He wouldn't have been discovered though, when out of stasis he lived in the emergency ship, as the medbay was configured for him and him alone. No-one else was going there as they all thought they were Mother's quarters.

Yet she carried out the emergency removal procedure without any of them knowing or seeing any of them on the way through the emergency ship?? The Captain also went back to her quarters for a bit of sexy time. I'm not sure she would have been doing that if here father had of been staying there.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Yet she carried out the emergency removal procedure without any of them knowing or seeing any of them on the way through the emergency ship?? The Captain also went back to her quarters for a bit of sexy time. I'm not sure she would have been doing that if here father had of been staying there.

Good point about the sexy time, although we don't know for sure that actually happened.

If it did happen then he can't have been awake yet as there would have been nowhere else to be without being spotted, so he's likely to be still in stasis and only woken once they've found evidence of living life. So again it leads me to think he's either talking to him in stasis (unlikely) or someone else.

Calaen

@ Wazz

Maybe he had the ability to communicate via the helmet, through stasis to Weyland?

Edit/ Just saw your post above, with the neuro link maybes it's a possibility, if David can hear and see their dreams/thoughts, surely he can imprint on them??

As for the sexy time thing, You see the captani comnig back into the room and looking at the map, I'd assumed he had done it!!

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Also it makes no sense at all to wake the old man when the others awake as he only has a very limited amount of life yet. The only logical time to wake them would be after finding the engineer in stasis.

Calaen - Given the nature of stasis, how would it be possible for the old man to communicate to David? It requires consciousness, and dreams are not a part of that, hence why he can see them. Again more basic Freud comes into play when looking at David's actions IMO.

Calaen

Also it makes no sense at all to wake the old man when the others awake as he only has a very limited amount of life yet. The only logical time to wake them would be after finding the engineer in stasis.
Calaen - Given the nature of stasis, how would it be possible for the old man to communicate to David? It requires consciousness, and dreams are not a part of that, hence why he can see them. Again more basic Freud comes into play when looking at David's actions IMO.

The delay in coming from stasis makes sense, and would cover the sexy time issue. I just can't see how he could communicate with someone not on that planet, bearing in mind they could hardly talk to each other on it.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
just got a gut feeling the weyland on the ship was an android and not weyland him self

Calaen

just got a gut feeling the weyland on the ship was an android and not weyland him self

That would serve no purpose, if the meaning of the expedition was for him to be asking for immortality.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
That would serve no purpose, if the meaning of the expedition was for him to be asking for immortality.

While I don't think he was some kind of dupe, a clone would do rather than an android and it there's an assumtion Weyland wasn't lying about his motives. I don't think these are the case, but along with the other stuff getting thrown around on this thread its all fun speculation :)

megadave

I am a FH squatter
just remembered ive got tickets at the imax tonight for midnight, work at 7am :p

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I agree with the tags, but I stayed away from this thread until I'd seen the film, just in case

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Jesus, CAN WE FUCK OFF WITH THE STUPID SPOILER TAGS PLEASE.

Yes, they are doing my fucking head in and I can't keep track without opening every one on the page now.

Put a big |Spoiler| tag in the title and be done with it, fucking things are ruining a good conversation.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
What? Spoilers are useful, you know, so people don't have the movie ruined.

Only an idiot would open a thread about a new film and not expect to see discussion of its plot.

"Hmmm, I'd like to go watch Prometheus so maybe I'll just open this thread with hundreds of posts. OMG WTF NOW YOU'VE RUINED IT!!!"

Yaka

Part of the furniture
tbh i watched it after reading a few threads about it if im honest it the various theories out there made the film more worthy for me.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
yeah im thinking of going to see it again, some of the discussion on here has made me want to go and look into theories :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
There is now a Spoiler thread prefix available.

opticle

Part of the furniture
Though I liked the movie, I also agree with everything the top 5 user reviews here say: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1446714/reviews

I can't help but agree with all the issues and plotholes they slate it for as they bug me too. Still enjoyed it though.

This movie is FULL of this kind of utterly implausible behavior and random decisions.
- so true. They're all quite good reads, even if they do make me feel confused about how I feel about the movie.

As one of the later ones says, please let there be a Director's Cut.. though I'm not sure it'll be able to sew up all the issues mentioned in the list given there.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The people who wrote those reviews sound exactly like the sort of boring cunts who'll never achieve anything of note in their pathetic little existences. Bearded fat gits who sit in their underpants raging at their computer screen at how unfair it is that something they weren't forced to pay for wasn't quite as good as it would have been if only they'd been chosen to direct it.

It's a bloody film ffs, meant to be watched and enjoyed for ten quid. The ceiling of the Sistine Chapel it is not.

opticle

Part of the furniture
Hehe, true that. Still, can't beat a good flawless great story versus a ?flawed one :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Americans are stupid, this was #2 in box office due to more people going to see the incredibly original, not at all generic cash cow that is the new Madagascar film. It's probably the 7th or something. Fuck off shit animated films.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Americans are stupid, this was #2 in box office due to more people going to see the incredibly original, not at all generic cash cow that is the new Madagascar film. It's probably the 7th or something. Fuck off shit animated films.

One is 'R' rated, the other is a kid's film, its not stupidity, its demographics. (And for the record I've now seen Madagascar 30,000 times and can quote every line. I'll be seeing the next one whether I like it or not; my 2-year old daughter saw the hoarding for it at the weekend from about 200 yards away; she can't fucking read but she knows the Madagascar font).

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Definitely makes a lot more sense after seeing it a second time.

If you don't read the internet, the Matrix makes sense. Start reading some of the discussions on line and you start thinking "Yeah ok...but...I can't imagine the director intended the plot to go THAT far...surely...?"

A movie should make sense after 1 or 2 viewings. Shouldn't need 400 forum discussions to work out if Neo and the spoon get married and have battery kids...

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
If you don't read the internet, the Matrix makes sense. Start reading some of the discussions on line and you start thinking "Yeah ok...but...I can't imagine the director intended the plot to go THAT far...surely...?"

A movie should make sense after 1 or 2 viewings. Shouldn't need 400 forum discussions to work out if Neo and the spoon get married and have battery kids...

So your saying that there was more of a connection with the spoon after all...i bloody knew it!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom