Predictions - Football related

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
Vladamir said:
You may mean Middlesborough who've beaten us at the Riverside the last two years, but no team has beaten Chelsea in the last two season on both grounds, hence the undefeated record at the bridge since around this time 3 years ago :)

One of the sky reporters were wrong then :)

Aile

Fledgling Freddie
soze said:
Cesc has carried on to mature as a midfielder this year all Lampard got hype for was goals he has not been scoring them this year and he might as well not have played agaist liverpool. So i would rather have Cesc in my team as he is 19 and still getting better. I think midfielder of the year will go to the ginja nija this year though.

True dat, paul scholes is the best midfielder on the ball in the Premiership atm, shame hes the wrong side of 30 atm, I think Fergies gunna groom Carrick into his role though...

And regarding Kids at the clubs.. United are still the best producer tbh, or one of the best.. Arsenal buy all there kids, United are home grown..
Beckham,Scholes,Giggs,Neville,Neville#2, among others...

+ Johnny Evans is gunna be a top class centre half when he matures a little

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Marc said:
Didnt look like they played defensively to me. They were as quick to attack as Arsenal were. They only sat back once Rooney had scored, as Cal said.

Giggs played a free-role most of the game and Rooney ended up somewhere between left midfield and his usual role, it fucked the balance of the side right up. Once Arsenal adapted to it we were getting pinned back, the midfield became congested and Giggsy got dragged into helping Scholes/Carrick out which left us even more lobsided at times. Why he didn't play a standard attacking 4-4-2 I have no idea, when we created chances it always felt we were outnumbered and we were because Rooney was having to run from a deeper (and more to the left) than usual postition. It was negative, we adapted our midfield to try cope with Fabgregas better and it back fired, all we ended up doing was narrowing our options of attack.

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
Azurus said:
Thats bollox. Money spent is all that matters. We could sign hundreds of players and still have no depth. You need quality right on the fringes of the squad im talkin about a solid group of about 17 players.

6 of Arsenals first team cost nothing with another 1 costing a nominal fee (next to nothing)

These are the same players you have been touting in previous posts as some of the best 11 players in the premiership. Anything else you want to be proved wrong in? or are we done for now.

J s p

Loyal Freddie
Marc said:
Arsenal fans are like Wigan fans in rugby league. Still living off past glories :D

BBC forum is 10 times worse.

They think 2 wins against Man U makes them the best team in the league/world.

I am waiting for the next Sheff Utd result to happen.

Marc

FH is my second home
J s p said:
BBC forum is 10 times worse.

They think 2 wins against Man U makes them the best team in the league/world.

I am waiting for the next Sheff Utd result to happen.

Fact remains. If they were as good as their fans think they are, they would be challenging for the title. I still think they will finish 4th myself as liverpool have hit form and will nick 3rd spot.

Aile

Fledgling Freddie
Saints receive £10m Bale approach

Southampton defender Gareth Bale
Saints boss George Burley is determined to keep Bale
Southampton's resolve to keep Gareth Bale will be tested by an approach to sell the teenager for up to £10m.

BBC Radio Solent say an unnamed club has sounded out Saints on the prospect of selling the 17-year-old Wales star.

Oo, But thats United, god knows why when Evra is the best left back form wise in the Premiership atm, and Heinze is more than Adequate cover, Unless he lets Evra play left wing some more, hes obviously capable of it

Marc

FH is my second home
Aile said:
Saints receive £10m Bale approach

Southampton defender Gareth Bale
Saints boss George Burley is determined to keep Bale
Southampton's resolve to keep Gareth Bale will be tested by an approach to sell the teenager for up to £10m.

BBC Radio Solent say an unnamed club has sounded out Saints on the prospect of selling the 17-year-old Wales star.

Oo, But thats United, god knows why when Evra is the best left back form wise in the Premiership atm, and Heinze is more than Adequate cover, Unless he lets Evra play left wing some more, hes obviously capable of it

Seems to me, Heinze is well on his way!

As for silly transfer bids, once again Newcastle come up trumps, with a rumoured £9million+ Titus Bramble for a championship defender, Curtis Davies :D :D :D

J s p

Loyal Freddie
Marc said:
Seems to me, Heinze is well on his way!

As for silly transfer bids, once again Newcastle come up trumps, with a rumoured £9million+ Titus Bramble for a championship defender, Curtis Davies :D :D :D

Rofl

Aile

Fledgling Freddie
I think Curtis Davies is just £2mil, the other 7 is for WBA's pain to take Titus on board

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
Tbh i much prefer Evra to Heinze, he just hasn't been the same player since that bad injury, and like Marc said i think hes on his way. Regarding the Bale transfer, Fergie loves his home grown talent and i think is planning for the future.

Wish Newcastle would come in for Billy Sharp and Andy Keogh, we could probably get Scott Parker+Martins and 10 mill.

Aile

Fledgling Freddie
"After claims from Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon that Frank Lampard is about to sign a lifelong contract at Stamford Bridge, the midfielder's agent denies all knowledge."

Gotta love Kenyon, what a prick :p

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Marc said:
No, what you mean is, is that although a tender age, he has all the qualities to be a world class midfielder, he just hasnt polished all the rough edges? Wheras lampard alread is a world class midfielder?

Do you reckon he has proven himself on the world stage though Marc? I dont really like the guy, I think hes a foul mouthed twat :) but hte scores goals. Yet for England I have seen nothing another player could not have done.

Marc

FH is my second home
Calaen said:
Do you reckon he has proven himself on the world stage though Marc? I dont really like the guy, I think hes a foul mouthed twat :) but hte scores goals. Yet for England I have seen nothing another player could not have done.

To single out Lampard is a bit unfair though. There are many a domestic player who cant always transfer his domestic form to the international stage. Not just in the premiership. Henry has always been a disapointment for France in relation to his domestic form, but I wouldnt say it would hold him back as being in the world class category. King Eric was garbage for france

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Marc said:
King Eric was garbage for france

King Eric was never given a proper chance by France, succesive managers used his poor temper and erratic form as excuse to mask poor performances by the team. Eric always needed a good manager to get the best out of him, Beckenbauer and Fergie managed it, Wilkinson for a while as well. If you look at his international record it speaks volumes, 20 goals in 45 games. Not many internationals can claim a record like that. When you consider his arguement with France Manager Henri Michel in 1988 which meant his didn't play for France again till Michel was sacked at the end of 1989 and his 9 month ban for the kung-fu kick you realise that his missed over 2 years of opportunities to pay for his country. Then by the time his 9 month ban was over his postition had been claimed by the rising star Zinedine Zidane and he was frozen out of the international picture again. His international career was blighted by foolish temper tantrums, inept mangers and being replaced by a younger football genius. You cannot say he was garbage for France, he has a better record than most current internationals that I can think of.

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
Fatload BoysDoCry said:
6 of Arsenals first team cost nothing with another 1 costing a nominal fee (next to nothing)

These are the same players you have been touting in previous posts as some of the best 11 players in the premiership. Anything else you want to be proved wrong in? or are we done for now.

Haha you're so conceited. Im talking about the squad not first team. Read my posts imo.

Calaen

Heinzes contract expires in the summer anyhow I would expect him to go to Italy, which is a shame because he is a top class defender whether he plays at left back or Centre half.

Marc

FH is my second home
cHodAX said:
King Eric was never given a proper chance by France, succesive managers used his poor temper and erratic form as excuse to mask poor performances by the team. Eric always needed a good manager to get the best out of him, Beckenbauer and Fergie managed it, Wilkinson for a while as well. If you look at his international record it speaks volumes, 20 goals in 45 games. Not many internationals can claim a record like that. When you consider his arguement with France Manager Henri Michel in 1988 which meant his didn't play for France again till Michel was sacked at the end of 1989 and his 9 month ban for the kung-fu kick you realise that his missed over 2 years of opportunities to pay for his country. Then by the time his 9 month ban was over his postition had been claimed by the rising star Zinedine Zidane and he was frozen out of the international picture again. His international career was blighted by foolish temper tantrums, inept mangers and being replaced by a younger football genius. You cannot say he was garbage for France, he has a better record than most current internationals that I can think of.

Yes, sorry, to say he was garbage was wrong. Underachived yes, but as you say, he didnt have the smoothest of international careers.

Unleashed

Loyal Freddie
As much as i like Heinze he has come back from injury and doesn't look half the player he was.

Pretty obvious we are signing Bale, and the 10m bid should seal that.

Evra and Bale will be our left-backs for years to come. There was even talk of Bale taking over from Giggs.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Wasn't there talk of Man U signing Bale then giving him back to Southampton on loan?

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
Azurus said:
Haha you're so conceited. Im talking about the squad not first team. Read my posts imo.

Like i pointed out, you have spent 2x million in the last few years on players and 7 of your first team cost nothing, money spent on players like Denilson etc was to strengthen your squad. I am sorry you cannot understand this and your obvious bias blinds you from the truth.

Aile

Fledgling Freddie
Calaen said:
Heinzes contract expires in the summer anyhow I would expect him to go to Italy, which is a shame because he is a top class defender whether he plays at left back or Centre half.

It actually expires in 2009 ;)

Calaen

Ah missed that, I am happier now for seeing that Hes a world class defender, hopefully he can get himself back to full fitness.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Fatload BoysDoCry said:
Like i pointed out, you have spent 2x million in the last few years on players and 7 of your first team cost nothing, money spent on players like Denilson etc was to strengthen your squad. I am sorry you cannot understand this and your obvious bias blinds you from the truth.
Denilson is a player for the future rather than a squad player imo.

Wengers biggest buys latly are reyes should get some of that back at the end of the season and Walcot his biggest gamble imo. With the exception of Helb Adebuyor Galas and Roisky the current first team are all 3 years plus into there arsenal runs. Shows that wenger can be great finding a player like cesc that people say is not good enogh and moulding them into a good young squad. I think Deilson is a Gilberto replacement in the makings that is if Diaby dose not make it. All we need is a young keeper WTB Craig Gordon

Aile

Fledgling Freddie
Kuszack and Foster, two of the most promising keepers in the buisness! ;)

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
soze said:
Denilson is a player for the future rather than a squad player imo.

Wengers biggest buys latly are reyes should get some of that back at the end of the season and Walcot his biggest gamble imo. With the exception of Helb Adebuyor Galas and Roisky the current first team are all 3 years plus into there arsenal runs. Shows that wenger can be great finding a player like cesc that people say is not good enogh and moulding them into a good young squad. I think Deilson is a Gilberto replacement in the makings that is if Diaby dose not make it. All we need is a young keeper WTB Craig Gordon

I don't doubt Wenger and the Arsenal scouts are great at finding and grooming class players, i think we can all agree on that. What i won't agree on is the rubbish Azurus was posting regarding Arsenals position in the league.

Calaen

Ben Foster the best young goal keeper around :)

Unleashed

Loyal Freddie
Problem with Arse fans you don't half go over the top with some of the young players you have had.

Owusu-Abeyie is an example, i remember him playing in a few Carling Cup games, and he scored. The reaction was he will be the next Henry. LOL

Aliadere is another, has been loaned out to how many clubs? has 1 good game against a poor Liverpool team and you get the usual over the top reaction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom