Predictions - Football related

Aile

Fledgling Freddie
Contrasting styles of football there imo,
Fabregas is a close passing midfielder, where Lampard hits the long cross field passes much better.. can't really compare them like for like

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
Yes you can Fabregas can play it long as shown against Man Utd. He plays it short for the sole reason of Henry and Van Persie are better feeding off that type of ball. Fabregas could play Lampards role in the Chelsea team equally well if not better.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Aile said:
Contrasting styles of football there imo,
Fabregas is a close passing midfielder, where Lampard hits the long cross field passes much better.. can't really compare them like for like
Cesc dose that too he did it yesterday and nearly put adebuyor in. But he only dose it when its the reight pass to play.

I would also rate Clichey over cole as so far this year cole has been a shadow of what he can be.

Marc

FH is my second home
Azurus said:
Lampard is so over rated its ridiculous. Fabregas is better on the ball and with better distribution. The only thing Lampard has over Fabregas is a better shot.

lol

There is a reason why lampard was voted the best midfielder in europe last year. Or are you saying you know more about football than the selectors?

Lampards distribution is quality. Did you miss that ball he played for Shevchenkos goal in the charity shield as one example. It was straight out of the top drawer. Or the way he controlled midfield against Barcelona this season? Lampard also has the physical side, needed to be a top midfielder in the premiership

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
Azurus said:
Urgh the old whose higher in the table argument, always the Chelsea/man Utd fan way. You have a better squad as you can throw shit loads of money at it=you are higher? Not hard to understand IMO. We are talking about first 11, which means jack shit in the premiership, its all about the squad in such a physical league with so many injuries. You have a better squad as i have said.

Man Utd have signed 5 players in 2 seasons, Arsenal have signed 13. Difference in spending is Man Utd spent 9 million more most of which was the Carrick transfer.

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
Vladamir said:
Erm what? :p

Chelsea effectively won the title at the Reebok twice the last two years, and he won there this year too :p

Ok not Bolton hence the iirc :) but another team in the league did, it was a Bolton esq team but can't remember who, possibly charlton then.

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
Marc said:
lol

There is a reason why lampard was voted the best midfielder in europe last year. Or are you saying you know more about football than the selectors?

Lampards distribution is quality. Did you miss that ball he played for Shevchenkos goal in the charity shield as one example. It was straight out of the top drawer. Or the way he controlled midfield against Barcelona this season? Lampard also has the physical side, needed to be a top midfielder in the premiership

Bollox. He has far better distribution than Lampard don't know how you could really argue against that. Fabregas tackles well hes just a little physically immature at the minute.

Aile

Fledgling Freddie
Fatload BoysDoCry said:
Man Utd have signed 5 players in 2 seasons, Arsenal have signed 13. Difference in spending is Man Utd spent 9 million more most of which was the Carrick transfer.

Vidic and Evra, signings on the year tbh! ;)

along with Adebayor or however its spelt ;)

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
Fatload BoysDoCry said:

2 Years is a very short time in football. Try 5 years.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Azurus said:
No actually. We have had Henry, Van Persie and Gallas out long term, so thats where your argument falls down.

Hang on a second, you barely had Gallas anyway as he got injured so early into the season. You have no idea how well he is going to fit in at this present time, you are making assumptions where as I am making statements based on the Arsenal side we have seen play week in and week out all season. Yes Henry got injured, has played more than half the games though and played in alot of those games where you lost points didn't he? Well?

Face facts, Arsenal have great potential and I have been saying it all year long, I am a United fan and I cheered Arsenal in the Champions League final. I think they have some cracking young players and they are in the ascendancy. They are not the best team in the league though, they lack the consistency and mental toughness to cope with physical sides right now, when they crack that problem they will be real contenders and I would also accept that they might be the best team in the league. You are entitled to your opinion as am I to mine but I will not accept you saying Arsenal are currently a better side that United or Chelsea when the points total and performances say otherwise, I can point to over half a dozen games this season where Arsenal just didn't compete.

Yes Arsenal have beaten United twice this season, the first time they were worthy winners and the second time they scraped it though a draw would have been the fair result, even Bob Wilson said that on 5 Live. Head to head Arsenal have the edge over us, much as we had the edge over you last year, until Fergie grows a backbone and lets United play our offensive 4-4-2 against Arsenal I fear we are in for a few more losses against you as well but we can save that for another day.

Marc

FH is my second home
Azurus said:
Bollox. He has far better distribution than Lampard don't know how you could really argue against that. Fabregas tackles well hes just a little physically immature at the minute.

Ok, I will give you that he has far better distribution. But in every other area of a midfielders role, Lampard is better. So for me, Lampard is the better midfielder. On another note, if Fabregas is better than Lampard, why wasnt he voted best midfielder in europe last season?

Aile

Fledgling Freddie
Giggs central, Rooney on the left, played Fergie! ;)

Evra was man of the match though, despite the loss, that lad is really coming into his own as a Left back atm

Marc

FH is my second home
Arsenal fans are like Wigan fans in rugby league. Still living off past glories :D

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
Marc said:
Ok, I will give you that he has far better distribution. But in every other area of a midfielders role, Lampard is better. So for me, Lampard is the better midfielder. On another note, if Fabregas is better than Lampard, why wasnt he voted best midfielder in europe last season?

Fabregas is better on the ball.

And he wasn't voted top last year cos he was too young, hadn't matured into his game yet. What was Lampard playing like at 18?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Marc said:

Hype and 15 long range goals.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Aile said:

Evra was man of the match though, despite the loss, that lad is really coming into his own as a Left back atm

The formation worked until we scored, but you cannot go on the defensive against a club like Arsenal. Rooney coming in from the right got his goal. Fergie knows his stuff, I just think on the day the players let themselves down.

Aile

Fledgling Freddie
Paul scholes does something though...
Burns holes
Greases poles
Kills moles
Catches voles
Digs up coals
Fixes soles

Can't quite put my finger on it

Marc

FH is my second home
Azurus said:
Fabregas is better on the ball.

And he wasn't voted top last year cos he was too young, hadn't matured into his game yet. What was Lampard playing like at 18?

ahh right, so the reason he wasnt voted best player was because he was too young. Ronaldo won world player of the year when he was 19.

If you are are good enough, you are young enough.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Aile said:

I have no idea what the fuck Fergie was thinking, United ALWAYS fail when playing a 4-5-1 against quality opposition. Negative tactics produce negative results, he needs to stop listening to that cockhead Quieroz and stick to what we do best. Flowing attacking 4-4-2 not some defensive minded formation and trying to hit sides on the break. We didn't win a single league title, FA cup, Champions League or anything else for that matter playing 4-5-1 it was always the classic 4-4-2.

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
Marc said:
ahh right, so the reason he wasnt voted best player was because he was too young. Ronaldo won world player of the year when he was 19.

If you are are good enough, you are young enough.

Way to misread what i posted. I said he hadn't grown into his game yet. Fabregas was nothing special last season, i'm not saying he should of won best player.

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
Azurus said:
2 Years is a very short time in football. Try 5 years.

Man Utd 20 players in 5 years signed.

Arsenal 27 players in 5 years signed.

Man Utd have spent more due to single players costing alot Rooney, Carrick etc.

Your squad excuses can't be used tbh, you have signed more players and the Arsenal kids with a few first team players beat Liverpool 6-3.

You are 4th because you aren't the best team in the country. Its the same as the Liverpool fans saying they were the best team in Europe when they won the European cup a few years ago, they weren't the best team in Merseyside let alone Europe.

The one thing in football that is true, is the league doesn't lie.

Marc

FH is my second home
Azurus said:
Way to misread what i posted. I said he hadn't grown into his game yet. Fabregas was nothing special last season, i'm not saying he should of won best player.

No, what you mean is, is that although a tender age, he has all the qualities to be a world class midfielder, he just hasnt polished all the rough edges? Wheras lampard alread is a world class midfielder?

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Fatload BoysDoCry said:
Ok not Bolton hence the iirc :) but another team in the league did, it was a Bolton esq team but can't remember who, possibly charlton then.

You may mean Middlesborough who've beaten us at the Riverside the last two years, but no team has beaten Chelsea in the last two season on both grounds, hence the undefeated record at the bridge since around this time 3 years ago :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Calaen said:
The formation worked until we scored, but you cannot go on the defensive against a club like Arsenal. Rooney coming in from the right got his goal. Fergie knows his stuff, I just think on the day the players let themselves down.

What?? We lined up as a 4-5-1 and played defensively all game. Yes we took the lead and created some chances, then Wenger figured us out and Arsenal deservedly equalised. After that we were hanging on because Fergie panicked, fucking disgrace to be honest, we had them but Wenger outsmarted Fergie yet again. :( 4-5-1 doesn't work for us, our wingers who are our best players cannot express themselves because the midfield becomes so congested and when they do create chances we are stuck with 1 striker being marked by 2 centre backs. Rooney cannot play left side, he plays off a striker and works the ball around in the hole between the opposition centre backs and central midfielders. Play him anywhere else and you stifle his game.

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
Fatload BoysDoCry said:
Man Utd 20 players in 5 years signed.

Arsenal 27 players in 5 years signed.

Man Utd have spent more due to single players costing alot Rooney, Carrick etc.

Your squad excuses can't be used tbh, you have signed more players and the Arsenal kids with a few first team players beat Liverpool 6-3.

You are 4th because you aren't the best team in the country. Its the same as the Liverpool fans saying they were the best team in Europe when they won the European cup a few years ago, they weren't the best team in Merseyside let alone Europe.

The one thing in football that is true, is the league doesn't lie.

Thats bollox. Money spent is all that matters. We could sign hundreds of players and still have no depth. You need quality right on the fringes of the squad im talkin about a solid group of about 17 players.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Marc said:
Cesc has carried on to mature as a midfielder this year all Lampard got hype for was goals he has not been scoring them this year and he might as well not have played agaist liverpool. So i would rather have Cesc in my team as he is 19 and still getting better. I think midfielder of the year will go to the ginja nija this year though.

Marc

FH is my second home
cHodAX said:
What?? We lined up as a 4-5-1 and played defensively all game. Yes we took the lead and created some chances, then Wenger figured us out and Arsenal deservedly equalised. After that we were hanging on because Fergie panicked, fucking disgrace to be honest, we had them but Wenger outsmarted Fergie yet again. :(

Didnt look like they played defensively to me. They were as quick to attack as Arsenal were. They only sat back once Rooney had scored, as Cal said.

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
Marc said:
No, what you mean is, is that although a tender age, he has all the qualities to be a world class midfielder, he just hasnt polished all the rough edges? Wheras lampard alread is a world class midfielder?

Nah i posted what i meant. Fabregas has been world class this season. This is the first season we have had a chance to see him at his best. He didn't play all that much last season anyway Wenger was easing him into premiership life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom