Pre order from play

pouta

Fledgling Freddie
Hi,
Do they send that Early Access code by email? I dont live UK, so it will take 5-7 days to get that game by slowmail.

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
Hi,
Do they send that Early Access code by email? I dont live UK, so it will take 5-7 days to get that game by slowmail.

yes, it will be sent in a email

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
I've had my early access code since april, and its really starting to burn in my pocket!

pouta

Fledgling Freddie
I've had my early access code since april, and its really starting to burn in my pocket!

ill hope that they send mine soon
but maybe ill get also that OB key from here so i can play before early access

pez

Can't get enough of FH
On the plus side about play.com, apparently they just dispatched my copy of Spore 2 days before its released.

Which is nice of them.

Euphie

Fledgling Freddie
play have been messing this around .... so i cancelled and went to game.co.uk

Euphie

Fledgling Freddie
changing the dates for one thing....after the 28th of august which was the original date they were supposed to be sent out people were ringing up and getting a different answer every time i rang up a couple of days ago and asked when they would be sent and i was told in the next few days and then they changing the date to the 15th??? the date of the SE headstart....

Xanthian

Fledgling Freddie
I called on Monday, was told I would get the codes Tues.
I called Tues was told it takes 48 hours.

No codes Today (weds).
CBA to call them again, might cancel it and order from Game as they seem to be offering headstart too now.

DrClink

Fledgling Freddie
Well, I thought it was about time I shared my play.com woes....

Thursday 28th telephoned around 7 PM to ask where my code was as this was the date on there website, was told they would be sending out emails today and that I would receive it by midnight, I asked wouldnt they be closed and so how would the email be sent, he didnt know.....

Friday 28th telephoned around 3pm (ish) asked where my code was was told they had a backlog, but I shouldnt worry they would be with me this day ....

Saturday 29th morning time (you guessed it no mail) telephoned and was told there was a real backlog , they were very sorry but I would 100% have it by the end of the weekend....

Sunday 30th no mail

Monday 1st September 3pm telephoned and explained all of the above and how annoyed I was, was told they had a person who was dealing with this now , who spoke directly to who ever was sending out the codes, would pass my details on and would be sorted today !

Tuesday 2nd oddly enough no email... telephoned 4:30pm again went through all the above, got put onto a manager ... explained all the above, manager was very apologetic but explained normally 48 hours was how long these things took and that I should atleast wait till 3pm tomorrow, however she would pass my details along again, and as they had been emailed all she had to do was telephone through to chase it up. I queried about the changing of the wording to the 15th september for keys and was told that was only for orders being placed now all previous orders would be honoured.

Wednesday 3rd 5pm telephoned and explained all as above, Yep you guessed it no codes, was told that the codes would be sent now midnight for the 15th !! I told her how the manager had said this was only for new orders as of yesterday, she put me on hold. When she came back she explained that no it had been changed and no codes would be sent before the 15th.... she found it quite ammusing when I said how bad the company was with dealing with things and was told there had obviosuly been a communication break down.

(she wasnt joking)

So plan B, get the wife to ring :) she rang and was told that the game had been delayed to the 18th (was set for 18th anyways) and that no codes would be sent out until the 15th as there was no beta program in place anymore.....

seriosuly what do you have to do to be told the truth.....

L

Lri

According to Imaad on the EU forums. Play will be added to the partners list and codes ill be received before the head start : )

chunk

Fledgling Freddie
Play.com are a terrible company to deal with If anything goes wrong and it seems to go wrong more regularly lately. I would never trust them with any mmorpg order after the farce with Age of Conan and the beta keys which seems to be happening again with Warhmammer.

I have ordered numerous items from play.com and they are have sent me totally a different item. eg.
bluetooth headset - received a memory card
mp3 player received a camera (which was much more expensive so gave to my father)
g15 v1 keyboard, send v2 which I end up sending back and asking for a v1 after checking they have it in stock and they resend a v2
another mp3 player - they send a different model

Ordered Warhammer with game as I never have problems with them - also use the £5 off code to reduce the price & quidco.

Xanthian

Fledgling Freddie
When are Game sending out their codes?

EDIT: Looks like HMV are doing headstart codes too.. grr and I cancelled my original order with them ffs!

ElliotR

Fledgling Freddie
Play.com are a terrible company to deal with If anything goes wrong and it seems to go wrong more regularly lately.

You seem to have been very unfortunate as in my case I have ordered thousands of pounds worth of stuff from play.com with little trouble. When I have had trouble, turned out to be customs and excise not play causing me grief, they were very quick to sort it out.

Also I have done this early start malarkey with them for other mmo's and always got the email in time.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Play.com are a terrible company to deal with If anything goes wrong and it seems to go wrong more regularly lately. I would never trust them with any mmorpg order after the farce with Age of Conan and the beta keys which seems to be happening again with Warhmammer.

I have ordered numerous items from play.com and they are have sent me totally a different item. eg.
bluetooth headset - received a memory card
mp3 player received a camera (which was much more expensive so gave to my father)
g15 v1 keyboard, send v2 which I end up sending back and asking for a v1 after checking they have it in stock and they resend a v2
another mp3 player - they send a different model

Ordered Warhammer with game as I never have problems with them - also use the £5 off code to reduce the price & quidco.

I agree i think play.com are terrible i have ordered a few dvd's off there any every damn freaking time they send the wrong item the last time i sent them an email telling them to stuff their company where the sun don't shine.

They obviously have a bunch of fucking monkeys working there.

Guess that is what happens though when the company are cheaper then most other places.. it also means there customer service is cheap too.

V

Vor

I've never had issues with Play.com before. Not got my codes yet, but I'm not that worried. Another week or more before Early Access starts.

lozauk

Fledgling Freddie
although i have never had any trouble with play.com (and have orderd quite alot of stuff from them) i have cancelled my order with them and placed my order now with game.co.uk which was actually a bit cheeper anyway :)

Xanthian

Fledgling Freddie
Just phoned again to give them hell.......

But I couldn't yell at the Irish girl :(

She told me they guarantee they will have the codes sent to us at midnight on the 14th (day before SE HS).

This is due to EAholding stock NOT Play.com, although I'm not sure I believe her, will ring Game up and see when they are sending their codes out.

C

catflavor

I phoned Play a few minutes ago and was told that they're sending out codes on the 15th Sept, like someone else in this thread was told. I guess if GOA had sent codes to Play, Play would be sending them to us lot who bought from them on the promise of beta keys!

So, no beta access at all from Play I guess. I'm hoping that I might get lucky with a key from here - found this place for the first time thanks to the link from the WAR Europe site today...

*here's hoping*

vexxeh

Fledgling Freddie
oo i just pre-ordered a copy with play.com due to some ppl saying they had issues with game, tho after reading this im wondering if i can cancel it and just pre-order with game :/

pinkey

Fledgling Freddie
I've never had any problems from play, we got our codes last week.

chaostheory

Fledgling Freddie
When ever i have ordered from Play.com never had any probs at all tbh if there as been a Code for some sort of early access they have sent them out nice and early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom