Pre order from play

Maasu

Fledgling Freddie
I just noticed that, seems to only mention EA Store for the UK, don't think [Nordic] Game applies to here, does it?

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie
It's only D2D and EA Store for the UK by the looks of it.

I was struggling to get the money for my CE. Now it looks like I'll be trying even harder to find it! ;) :p

Aada

Part of the furniture
Still no date as to when we can input codes etc?

:m00:

Aada

Part of the furniture
6th September you can begin download it says.

We can start downloading on the 6th? WoW 1 day to get the thing downloaded?

Why am i not suprised, no freaking doubt the download will go up late afternoon/early evening like usual.

Maasu

Fledgling Freddie
We can start downloading on the 6th? WoW 1 day to get the thing downloaded?

Why am i not suprised, no freaking doubt the download will go up late afternoon/early evening like usual.

17:00 CDT :p - thats what its saying on the EA Store site anyways, had to order from there as i don't have a CC for the D2D site.

Aada

Part of the furniture
17:00 CDT :p - thats what its saying on the EA Store site anyways, had to order from there as i don't have a CC for the D2D site.

Does it say when we can input codes?

What if some of our codes don't work like the USA?

Kinda fucked if you ask me.

Maasu

Fledgling Freddie
Does it say when we can input codes?

What if some of our codes don't work like the USA?

Kinda fucked if you ask me.

No sorry it doesn't, i've only pre-ordered the SE, not the CE.

Not had any e-mail yet regarding codes.

Aada

Part of the furniture
No sorry it doesn't, i've only pre-ordered the SE, not the CE.

Not had any e-mail yet regarding codes.

Maasu could you copy/paste the email ofc removing personal infomation so we can see it?

Maasu

Fledgling Freddie
Sure man:

Product SKU: 70409
Product Name: Warhammer® Online: Age of Reckoning™ (Pre-Ordered)
pre-ordered release date: Sat Sep 06 17:00:00 CDT 2008

The rest is quite litterally my order date and my address/billing info.

It has very little info other than that, nothing specific to WAR.

Shazzoo

Fledgling Freddie
I know play.com people aren't getting into open beta now but has anybody received the email it said we should get today?

On the website it says:

Pre-Order Warhammer Online: Age Of Reckoning from Play.com and receive early access to the game and 2 in-game item unlocks. Instructions on how to claim this pre-order offer will be emailed on Thursday 28th August 2008.

I'm still waiting on mine but it's nearly 6pm and I don't know if it'll come now.

pinkey

Fledgling Freddie
I know play.com people aren't getting into open beta now but has anybody received the email it said we should get today?

On the website it says:

Pre-Order Warhammer Online: Age Of Reckoning from Play.com and receive early access to the game and 2 in-game item unlocks. Instructions on how to claim this pre-order offer will be emailed on Thursday 28th August 2008.

I'm still waiting on mine but it's nearly 6pm and I don't know if it'll come now.
Im still waiting although i've rang and they said head office are dealing with it and it will be today so im hoping they will actually do it.

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
out side of normal business hours not looking good now

chrispy

It's my birthday today!
i know what you mean thurg,i ordered from play.com also and waiting lol.

guess im not the only one.

:england:

play.com:lol:where is my email :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
From what I gather (and was told) you do NOT get open beta access with the none CE edition of warhammer, even if you did pre-order it.

You only get early access which will most likely be 1-7 days access to the game WHEN it goes live (much like Age of Conan) If you want beta access you'll have to buy the collectors edition sadly.

Darac

Fledgling Freddie
Does anyone know if you order from EA do you actually recieve a box (eventually!) with the DVD's and manual etc, or is it just a direct download for 39.99? :)

I kinda like having the actual box etc!

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
From what I gather (and was told) you do NOT get open beta access with the none CE edition of warhammer, even if you did pre-order it.

You only get early access which will most likely be 1-7 days access to the game WHEN it goes live (much like Age of Conan) If you want beta access you'll have to buy the collectors edition sadly.

You definatly can get Open Beta access with some SE pre-orders - News from today is Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning here.

We're just wondering if play.com will also be giving it as they have claimed it on the phone but theyre not mentioned as a premium partner.

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
Does anyone know if you order from EA do you actually recieve a box (eventually!) with the DVD's and manual etc, or is it just a direct download for 39.99? :)

I kinda like having the actual box etc!

Fairly certain its a DL only, thats why I want to go with Play.com as I want the box too.

thergador

Fledgling Freddie

SE = the retail box from the shop
Pre-order SE = headstart + 2 ingame items
premium Pre-order SE = Open beta plus above
CE = all above plus so in box itmes

i think i have read that correctly

Darac

Fledgling Freddie
Fairly certain its a DL only, thats why I want to go with Play.com as I want the box too.

Um, if thats the case I might just go with the play.com pre-order. You still get to play about 4 days before release (head start), save a tenner (more beer) and get something tangible (a box with stuff inside!). I miss out on about 7-8 days open beta but thats nothing compared to how long I have already waited upto now!

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
You definatly can get Open Beta access with some SE pre-orders - News from today is Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning here.

We're just wondering if play.com will also be giving it as they have claimed it on the phone but theyre not mentioned as a premium partner.

Thats new then and in reply to your question - No you can't from play, you can only get the open beta regular edition from the suppliers named in the thread you gave... you willing to pay £39.99 for a few days of beta access? cause i'm not.

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
Thats new then and in reply to your question - No you can't from play, you can only get the open beta regular edition from the suppliers named in the thread you gave... you willing to pay £39.99 for a few days of beta access? cause i'm not.

I'm in closed beta so get open automatically. I just want the code for my friend which is why i'm wondering if we'll get one. Like I said few people have rung them and they seem confident they will be releasing them. As the GOA page has some typos i'm hoping they've just missed Play.com off (dont see why they would say they definatly had them if they didn't).

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
SE = the retail box from the shop
Pre-order SE = headstart + 2 ingame items
premium Pre-order SE = Open beta plus above
CE = all above plus so in box itmes

i think i have read that correctly

That's how I read it too bud.

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
play.com saga continues haven't recieved any thing

phone them this morning
me where are my codes
play.com they should have been sent out yesterday
me i know but they havent
play.com are you sure
me yes
play.com ok i will e-mail the codes team as it looks like there has been a mistake and you have been missed then
me just so you know no one i know has gotten them and that about 30 + people that will not be happy
play.com ok ill get right on it for you now

other info play.com seem to have thought they had been given a premium partner status but haven't now (as yet)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I am guessing Play have not sent any emails with more information out, it does not help that they are not shown as a partner which is kind of shit considering the amount of people from the uk that would be ordering from them.

Popov

Fledgling Freddie
If I was cynical I'd say that they were deliberately dragging their feet announcing the popular online preorder partners to boost sales from the EA store, luckily I'm not that cynical ;)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
without a doubt it's an tenner extra in their own pocket.

pinkey

Fledgling Freddie
Play.com don't have a clue whats happening just rang them for the third time today and to be told they've emailed the guys who are dealing with it and thats all they can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom