Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Interesting, it clearly makes sense for them to push it to that value as then the buyer in the UK has to deal with everything.

On a related tangent it's also interesting to see how far bullshitting in branding goes these days "Brooks" "England" "1866" all from Italy.
@Tom brought it up before. It was Brooks England and it was established in 1866 but was bought out by an Italian company. It's a strange situation (made worse by Brexit because orders are fulfilled from Italy) but the name isn't some marketing gimmick.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I do not understand why this is not perceived as a UK problem..... you are missing out on a shit tonne of potential exports which can only be good for the country end of....but sure it is not the UKs problem ... lets just carry on sticking our heads in the sand....

As for uk keyboards in Europe you can absolutely get them it takes some searching for though ... it is indeed more difficult to get a laptop with an English keyboard but Dell do them you sometimes need to call them however to make sure that they change the cofiguration i just tried and you can not change that config yourself in Sweden... I try not to buy anything English these days deliberately and I have not found an issue with substitution and in most cases finding a product that is if not the same but better...

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Bit like the cafe that opened the other day near me that was established in the 1930s or some shit.

Even though its been other stuff for *years*

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
@Tom brought it up before. It was Brooks England and it was established in 1866 but was bought out by an Italian company. It's a strange situation (made worse by Brexit because orders are fulfilled from Italy) but the name isn't some marketing gimmick.
Sure. I don't have an issue with this particular one, I just find it fascinating that businesses are simply allowed to present a veneer all the time.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
He's the one laughing, he's just continuing his living.

Making a tit of himself and making money.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber

Wij

I am a FH squatter

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Virgin aren't charging yet - which is funny because they're EE.

Govt. should legislate. But: Tories.

Don't have a go at Tory or Brexit voters though. They were both "hoodwinked" and mislead - and are completely blameless for their retarded voting choices.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Virgin aren't charging yet - which is funny because they're EE.

Govt. should legislate. But: Tories.

Don't have a go at Tory or Brexit voters though. They were both "hoodwinked" and mislead - and are completely blameless for their retarded voting choices.

Virgin are not EE, they are a "virtual operator" who buy airtime etc from EE, then sell it on to their customers at whatever rates they choose. They may use the EE network, but are completely separate companies.

EE only charge you if you don't use your "Added Extra" for roaming, and instead go for Apple Music (no) or Netflix (already get through Sky). That roaming extra also lets you take minutes, messages and data to the US, Mexico, Australia, NZ etc and a few other countries. Including unlimited minutes and 10Gb data that costs me around 30 quid a month, funnily enough exactly the same as it did when we were in the EU.

Sounds more like retarded mobile contract purchasing to me tbh.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Lol. Suck Brexit dick much?

I also (for various reasons) have an EE and a Vodafone contract - both of them have gone from "completely free" to variants of "likely charge" or "will definitely rape you".

Virgin are doing the same next year - regardless of contract - and only because they are now legally allowed to profiteer - not because any extra cost is incurred.

So far, so predicted.

Bodhi

Lol. Suck Brexit dick much?

I also (for various reasons) have an EE and a Vodafone contract - both of them have gone from "completely free" to variants of "likely charge" or "will definitely rape you".

Virgin are doing the same next year - regardless of contract - and only because they are now legally allowed to profiteer - not because any extra cost is incurred.

So far, so predicted.

This is pretty much how you admit you're too dim to figure out mobile phone contracts without stating you're too dim to sort out mobile phone contracts tbh.

As mentioned, my tariff includes EU+ roaming and costs the same as it has for the last few years, guess you just have to shop a bit smarter innit.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
This is pretty much how you admit you're too dim to figure out mobile phone contracts without stating you're too dim to sort out mobile phone contracts tbh.

As mentioned, my tariff includes EU+ roaming and costs the same as it has for the last few years, guess you just have to shop a bit smarter innit.
You now PAY for roaming - more on new contracts.

Your said your contract is, what, £50/month? I pay no more than £25 on any of them - the EE one is unlimited. My Virgin £15/month for 24Gb - and next year I'll have to PAY MORE. Vodafone I think is £20, unlimited and if I want to use that abroad I now have to PAY MORE.

Other than virgin I'd have to PAY MORE to use abroad today. If it's "included in the contract" but the contract COSTS MORE then it's not "free" or an "inability to figure out contracts".

I'm wondering how many times I have to capitalise MORE EXPENSIVE than before Brexit before it'll sink in. The whole country isn't making it up. But then most of the country isn't quite as religiously blind as you.

Edit:
my bill has gone up from £52 to £57 with the addition of a roaming package

Oh. Fucking look. You're PAYING MORE for roaming.

Fucking idiot child.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
BTW - if you bring up the US or Mexico - you have to add that roaming package for Europe now when you didn't before Brexit. Period. So STFU.

Bodhi

Aw bless. Only reason my contract went up is I took the previous roaming bundle I had off when I renewed in 2020 as I wasn't travelling. That previous roaming bundle was £5 and included US/Mexico, and all the other countries that are included now.

Oh, and my airtime contract is £30, much the same as it was back then. The rest is to buy the phone interest free.

So hush, moron.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
All I'm learning from this exchange is you lot pay a shit load for mobile contracts

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
All I'm learning from this exchange is you lot pay a shit load for mobile contracts
Unequivocally we've learned that Bodhi pays extra for "roaming" - which is what people haven't had to do in Europe.

Until now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom