Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
We'll see.

I doubt any company is going to turn down the offer of 'wanna make some free cash?'

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Markey differentiation. First one to do it would see an exodus.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
We'll see.

I doubt any company is going to turn down the offer of 'wanna make some free cash?'

It is for new contracts anyway, if you're a buyer you wouldn't touch the company that charges extra for no reason.

Gwadien

It is for new contracts anyway, if you're a buyer you wouldn't touch the company that charges extra for no reason.

Yeah but when they all do it... Eventually... Just wait out to see how damaging it's been to other companies, then give the remaining companies who aren't a quick bell and agree to all do it.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Or they introduce it in a year because humans are gullible

Tom

I am a FH squatter

Its not happening, sorry chaps.

It would be suicide for others to introduce them now.

Well I've been with Vodafone since, oh 2004ish. I guess that's the end of that then, since I'm usually around 50 days a year in Europe I'm off to one of those two.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
None of them will charge now, I wouldn't worry about it.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Well I've been with Vodafone since, oh 2004ish. I guess that's the end of that then, since I'm usually around 50 days a year in Europe I'm off to one of those two.

They are the same company now.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Tried to order a laptop from a well known computer seller for delivery to NI; they took the order but then cancelled as "they're not sure on their delivery policy for Northern Ireland yet". Fucking hell, its been over a year guys.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Tried to order a laptop from a well known computer seller for delivery to NI; they took the order but then cancelled as "they're not sure on their delivery policy for Northern Ireland yet". Fucking hell, its been over a year guys.
I've tried to order some merino mountain biking gear and base layers from Mons Royale as I really really rate the quality of their stuff.

They ship everywhere on the planet, but not the UK any more. :eek:

Gwadien

Email back and tell them that @Raven said it was easy and they're being pathetic losing money on purpose because they are remainers.

DaGaffer

Email back and tell them that @Raven said it was easy and they're being pathetic losing money on purpose because they are remainers.

I've completely given up on ordering from the UK to Ireland because of all the import duty and VAT stuff, but I figured NI would be fine as its just a declaration for the retailer (no tax issues), and I have a friend who lives just over the border (maybe 60 miles away), but no, total pain the arse.

NI is now very much not part of the UK when it comes to trade because it looks like GB businesses just cba with it all.

Yoni

I stopped ordering from my friends in the UK after having enough of additional charges I did not have before…

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

Quick question, why would someone in ROI, order something from the UK to be delivered to NI? You're getting into all sorts of triangulation mess.

Second comment, use someone else. Lots of us have got over the wrinkles, ages ago, because, you know, it's kind of important to get it right. Or even better, order from an EU vendor, I hear they are utopian. So far, all I am hearing is EU folk whining that they aren't "part of the UK" any more, sounds like a you problem.

Last edited:

DaGaffer

Quick question, why would someone in ROI, order something from the UK to be delivered to NI? You're getting into all sorts of triangulation mess.

Second comment, use someone else. Lots of us have got over the wrinkles, ages ago, because, you know, it's kind of important to get it right. Or even better, order from an EU vendor, I hear they are utopian. So far, all I am hearing is EU folk whining that they aren't "part of the UK" any more, sounds like a you problem.

Because if I order anything from the UK to Ireland there will be VAT and Import Duty to pay, and this particular retailer no longer delivers to Ireland anyway, but said they did deliver to NI, until I actually tried to do it.

Almost no UK computer retailers are shipping outside the UK anymore, and ordering from Europe is a non-starter because they will have German or French keyboards etc.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Right, so you can't avoid VAT any more. OK, a you (or EU heh heh) problem.

Also, duty? what?

Yep, 0% duty

Again, try a competent vendor.

Again, my job is importing from the EU and exporting to ROI (and NI) it's simple.

Yoni

Because if I order anything from the UK to Ireland there will be VAT and Import Duty to pay, and this particular retailer no longer delivers to Ireland anyway, but said they did deliver to NI, until I actually tried to do it.

Almost no UK computer retailers are shipping outside the UK anymore, and ordering from Europe is a non-starter because they will have German or French keyboards etc.
Have you tried komplett se?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

I've had to buy 2 QWERTY laptops in France in the last year, it's an absolute nightmare. The only reliable avenue I've found is buying direct from a manufacturer (assuming they allow you to specify a keyboard layout) - Lenovo in my case. Laptops Direct have a toggle at the top to show all prices in Euros but there's no information whatsoever about shipping to mainland Europe and I'd bet all their distribution is in the UK.

FYI I've since found out that the Italian branch of Amazon sells predominantly QWERTY laptops and ships Europe-wide (or certainly to France).

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I've had to buy 2 QWERTY laptops in France in the last year, it's an absolute nightmare. The only reliable avenue I've found is buying direct from a manufacturer (assuming they allow you to specify a keyboard layout) - Lenovo in my case. Laptops Direct have a toggle at the top to show all prices in Euros but there's no information whatsoever about shipping to mainland Europe and I'd bet all their distribution is in the UK.

FYI I've since found out that the Italian branch of Amazon sells predominantly QWERTY laptops and ships Europe-wide (or certainly to France).

Again, why is this a UK problem? I thought the EU held all the cards?

Edit, perhaps the EU need to stock more proper, western keyboards.

Last edited:

DaGaffer

Right, so you can't avoid VAT any more. OK, a you (or EU heh heh) problem.

Also, duty? what?

Yep, 0% duty

Again, try a competent vendor.

Again, my job is importing from the EU and exporting to ROI (and NI) it's simple.

What part of "none of them are selling to the EU any more" did you miss?

Yoni

He does not give one as it is not a mainland issue anymore ( have you tried ordering from IOM? Not sure if that is a short termsolution or not..)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

Not really our problem, is it?

What was the term? "you can't have your cake and eat it" something like that.

I thought the EU didn't need us, all our loss, and so-and-so on.

I can order a full Qwerty laptop to be delivered tomorrow morning, maybe tonight, depending on Argos over reaching.

DaGaffer

Not really our problem, is it?

What was the term? "you can't have your cake and eat it" something like that.

I thought the EU didn't need us, all our loss, and so-and-so on.

I can order a full Qwerty laptop to be delivered tomorrow morning, maybe tonight, depending on Argos over reaching.

I think you're rather missing my original point, that NI is no longer part of the UK.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
You might miss the point that nobody actually cares.

But as EU folk have said, they are having a hard time getting stuff from the UK, not a UK problem, literally nobody wants a French (for example) laptop (and why would we even bother with that shit), lots of people appear to suddenly need a UK laptop.

I get your strange, made up NI thing, randomly shipping a laptop from UK > NI > ROI, for reasons, and I am sure it might sound like something a normal person would do but, why?

You're in the EU, everythings is;

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cQgQIMlwWw&ab_channel=MarcDonis

Last edited:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Perhaps everyone in the EU needs to have a unifying language, perhaps something that is dead to them.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
and you voted Remain, yeah? ;)

Yes, but for UK reasons, I couldn't give a shit about EU problems. I'm sure they will cope without us...or not (as it appears), but not our problem. Do better deals and all that...or learn random keyboard layouts, whatever suits.

I will continue to order the things I was told would no longer be available to me ever again, for next or same day delivery. suits me.

We still have the lowest unemployment, we still have things to buy, we still have a full food cupboard...meanwhile, in the EU.

Last edited:

DaGaffer

You might miss the point that nobody actually cares.

But as EU folk have said, they are having a hard time getting stuff from the UK, not a UK problem, literally nobody wants a French (for example) laptop (and why would we even bother with that shit), lots of people appear to suddenly need a UK laptop.

I get your strange, made up NI thing, randomly shipping a laptop from UK > NI > ROI, for reasons, and I am sure it might sound like something a normal person would do but, why?

You're in the EU, everythings is;

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cQgQIMlwWw&ab_channel=MarcDonis

Fuck me. I'm ordering for delivery to NI because its supposed to be part of the UK and it helps me avoid a load of shit by virtue of a quick trip up the motorway. What became clear to me is the NIP seems to be working by British retail going "ah fuck it, can't be arsed" and i thought it worth posting as a Brexit-related snippet. I wasnt looking for solutions, I was simply pointing it out.

The reason I'm not ordering a laptop from an Irish retailer is because thanks to the chip shortage there's not much on offer, and what there is is expensive (its for my son and I'm trying not to spend a fortune) hence the need to cast my net wider, and for the reasons stated already, laptops are one of those items that are more country specific than other products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom