Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Its not the system its the implementation of the system!

Oh wait this still isnt the VAR thread

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Its not the system its the implementation of the system!

Oh wait this still isnt the VAR thread
Just like VAR there's no way of implementing this brexit without it being a major clusterfuck.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Should of implemented VAR for Brexit.

Oh wait I guess we kinda did.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Echo, echo, echoooo.

Meanwhile in the real world ...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
inb4 Raven with 'lol noobs, its ez'

As someone who literally imports industrial equipment and building materials of various different sizes, material and use, from both the EU and the US, both pre-Brexit and post Brexit, ~£2mil a month. It has been a doddle. But, as already stated, numerous times. That is because we follow the legislation that was, mostly, already in place.

But keep up the narrative :)

Edit, a few firms are in for a surprise in January when even more "things" that should already be in place, become a thing.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Echo, echo, echoooo.

Meanwhile in the real world ...
Yes, you import stuff from the EU. But your experience isn't everyone's experience.

Please have a look at that article and explain how he's wrong.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
As someone who literally imports industrial equipment and building materials of various different sizes, material and use, from both the EU and the US, both pre-Brexit and post Brexit, ~£2mil a month. It has been a doddle. But, as already stated, numerous times. That is because we follow the legislation that was, mostly, already in place.

But keep up the narrative :)

Edit, a few firms are in for a surprise in January when even more "things" that should already be in place, become a thing.

Import. Britain isn't doing a fraction of the import checks its supposed to and has just deferred their introduction again (they were supposed to start next week). Exports seem to be a whole other problem.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Exports, in my experience just involve a little more paperwork and increased shipping costs (as I've previously stated).
However one our buyers exports himself and has had numerous issues at the French border (mainly cos he is trying every loophole he can find). His attempts usually end up in a €700 cash "fine" to get through the border.

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Don't think Brexit is particularly relevant in this case.
I doubt France is stopping Germans crossing the country to holiday homes in Spain (or France for that matter).

3rd country rules, yep.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I doubt France is stopping Germans crossing the country to holiday homes in Spain (or France for that matter).

3rd country rules, yep.

Germany and France are Schengen members so border checks are difficult to impossible. France are insistent on PCR checks from Ireland, so the "EU" playing field isn't level, and I'm sure this would have applied to the UK if they were still a member.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm sure this would have applied to the UK if they were still a member.
But they ain't are they.

There's a difference between "all you Brits can fuck off" and "show us your PCR" isn't there :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Make a bit of noise, much like their striking.
It's more than noise. It's totally shit if you want to drive anywhere in Europe when you're A) fully vaccinated B) covid-free and can prove it and C) are of practically zero risk to anyone, never mind at risk yourself.

It's firmly "arseholes disease" now because only arseholes die from it.

Add to that - arseholes in Europe can use Brexit and our newly-prized lack of freedom of movement to put a ban on everyone in the UK from doing something as simple as driving about.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's more than noise. It's totally shit if you want to drive anywhere in Europe when you're A) fully vaccinated B) covid-free and can prove it and C) are of practically zero risk to anyone, never mind at risk yourself.
Oh behave. It is the French doing what they are good at. How many other EU countries have behaved like this against UK people?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Oh behave. It is the French doing what they are good at. How many other EU countries have behaved like this against UK people?
The French now *can* @Deebs.

They couldn't do this whilst we were in the EU.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Panic over nothing, as usual.
Disingenuous - they've "allowed flexibility" - but EU nationals have a right, whereas we're now at the mercy of French governmental largesse.

This is clear in that news article;

"Faced with this situation, instructions of tolerance have been sent to police officers at the borders with the United Kingdom, in order to allow these nationals to transit through France to reach their residence in a country of the European Union".
The French Ministry of the Interior added that, unlike UK citizens, EU nationals coming from the UK to their residence in the EU were not impacted by the transit ban and were free to travel through France.

We. Have. Lost. Those. RIGHTS.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
This had nothing to do with Brexit at all it has a little bit to do with the anglo french relationship and a bit to do with Schengen. Even before Brexit became a thing I would avoid travelling through the UK due to passport control and France as due to the terrorist incidents that took place in November 2015 they also insisted on national ID card or passport (tax id and drivers liscense not allowed) with either a formal check (UK) or a less formal check (France). I used to travel weekly around the Schengen countries in my last role and a key to my happiness was avoiding those two countries and travelling by train as much as possible (Norway and Denmark).

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
@Yoni - absolutely it's about what the countries are implementing - before or after brexit (and I think before you find that France implements things because they're our neighbour). However, I stand by the position that France could not implement/enforce the current rules if we were still EU members.

France could insist on all sorts of things - but they couldn't insist on a blanket "no" before brexit.

BTW - I totally agree with your previous decisions to be honest. I'd do the same given the same circumstances. But this is a separate discussion.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Actually, IE is still going, being retired and replaced automatically by a legacy function in Edge in a month or so (cant remember the exact date) edit The future of Internet Explorer on Windows 10 is in Microsoft Edge

The Tories are fucking useless, but this has absolutely nothing to do with Brexit itself really, just Tory management of Brexit, lots of things still only use IE functionality and lots of people are going to be caught short soon, all over the world.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom