Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
o05610fhy2p51.png

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Michael Gove often believes that people think he's from Kent - He hears them whisper it as he walks past

(Oldie but golden)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
So the EU have started legal action against the UK for overriding sections of the deal.

It's just incredible that Boris (and the Tories) feels he can get away with doing stuff like this.
I do not understand this. The Bill allows the Government to override parts of the WA. At this point in time and until Parliament allow the Government to implement any changes then surely they have not breached the WA?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I do not understand this. The Bill allows the Government to override parts of the WA. At this point in time and until Parliament allow the Government to implement any changes then surely they have not breached the WA?
Bad faith clauses at the least.

dysfunction

FH is my second home

I think the EU have got the ball rolling to make a statement that if the UK attempts to change anything then they will take swift action.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Bad faith clauses at the least.
And you are going to tell me that the EU has not acted in bad faith during the past few months with their demands.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
And you are going to tell me that the EU has not acted in bad faith during the past few months with their demands.
In legal terms at least no. They haven't proposed breaking what they signed up to.

Ormorof

FH is my second home

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Farmers say could.
Britain has championed animal protections in Europe, we are the gold standard.

The only people increasing animal cruelty are muslims and jews with this idiotic halal/kosher bullshit.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The only people increasing animal cruelty are muslims and jews with this idiotic halal/kosher bullshit.
You could have simply said

The only people increasing animal cruelty are people requiring halal/kosher meat bullshit.

Many non muslim/jewish people are wanting this type of meat.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
We *were* the gold standard. But not any more.

We're lowering our standards - the US will not deal with us if they have to conform to our production standards.

The farmers around here know the score and they don't want to have to change their practices to compete - but they're already on the breadline (when bottled water is more expensive per litre than milk then you know something's fucked) - and when the standards change to allow the US to sell their shit here, they'll have to.

So no. It's not the muslims or jews - halal is completely separate from this - it's YOU, you cunt. You voted for it.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
You could have simply said

The only people increasing animal cruelty are people requiring halal/kosher meat bullshit.

Many non muslim/jewish people are wanting this type of meat.

It's @Job

He might as well have said 'Its (sic) dem blacks innit'

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Farmers say could.

You really do not have a clue if you seriously think that all non-religious meats are better protected than religious meats.

It's all the same meat you pillock, the only difference is the slaughter technique, which frankly I couldn't really care about, its more about their quality of life whilst they are alive.

I bet Job moans about Kosher and Halal whilst buying the cheapest possible eggs and meat whilst maintaining he's morally superior.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's all the same meat you pillock, the only difference is the slaughter technique, which frankly I couldn't really care about
Well, you fucking should.

There's a huge difference in animal welfare between stunning an animal and/or instant death and hoisting something up by it's back legs and slitting its throat to let it bleed out over time.

Religious exemptions should be banned totally. It's disgusting and indefensible - and ONLY there to satisfy people who're willing to turn criminal in defence of their sky fairy.

Just in case the above isn't clear: FUCK THAT.

As for the industrial-scale problem of wholesale food production standards dropping - that's a much more important issue as it affects all produce - animals and vegetables, and has cruelty/ethics/quality and safety implications across the whole food chain, rather than being restricted to a small subset of animal slaughter.

But still. Fuck kosher and halal. It's morally indefensible and at no point should we be allowing those barbaric practises to continue just to satisfy blinkered idiots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom