Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Utter bollocks. The law should be followed and money laundering is bad:

View: https://twitter.com/JolyonMaugham/status/1130360368310755328

Ah Jo Maugham - such an absolute bell end. Anyway was funny earlier on today when some dribbling moron from the BBC thought he'd been sent Brexit Party leaflets in the same envelope as his voting form.

View: https://twitter.com/NorthernPleb/status/1130560845753257985?s=19

Anyway, looking at the polls it would appear that calling a large section of the population racist idiots who didn't know what they were voting for for 3 years hasn't been an especially effective way of changing their minds. I for one am thoroughly shocked by this development and never saw this coming.

I'm predicting the milkshake pranks will be equally effective.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
The way the Brexit politicians go on it's like they think the referendum is legally binding...

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Thats the bit that amuses me.
Its not and Cameron only said he would try.
The sort of semi official propaganda leaflet handed out backing the EU promised to honour it..but it would hardly stand up in any 'court' they would quickly organise to test it.

They have gone for the long game of wearing down brexiters by ridiculing them, endlessly picturing them in the media as toothless northerners while remainers are all woke professionals.

Its not working..its fucking bullshit.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I thought it was a great interview... what is your issue with it?

Job

The fact that you dont know the every fucking level problem with that dissapoints me.

Yoni

You haven’t explained why it is a travesty? I can explain why it was great but interestingly you can not explain why it is not?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The fact that you dont know the every fucking level problem with that dissapoints me.
Why not tell people what you're thinking.

Words @Job - they're what we use to explain our thoughts to other people who think and feel differently...

Job

Ok firstly after committing common assault he is basically being interviewed as a hero...they try not to show it, but obviously thats the undertone.
Secondly he is doing himself no favours with his court case mouthing off without a lawyer..but we know why because hes confident he will get a soft sentence because the judge will be establishment biased against Farage.

Facepalm all you like ..but thats that thing you hate..the truth.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Ok firstly after committing common assault he is basically being interviewed as a hero...they try not to show it, but obviously thats the undertone.
Secondly he is doing himself no favours with his court case mouthing off without a lawyer..but we know why because hes confident he will get a soft sentence because the judge will be establishment biased against Farage.

Facepalm all you like ..but thats that thing you hate..the truth.

That's your truth not the reality

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ok firstly after committing common assault he is basically being interviewed as a hero...
Pretty much everyone who eggs a politician either doesn't get prosecuted or gets off lightly. They certainly get treated as a bit of a hero.

Because it's funny.

But you're only butthurt because it was the non-orange politician of whom' you'd most like to slurp on their bell-end...

Job

Whatever you think of Farage he is trying to implement the result of a democratic vote.

That would appear to be public enemy number 1 to the establishment and remainers these days.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
You haven’t explained why it is a travesty? I can explain why it was great but interestingly you can not explain why it is not?

I vehemently disagree with you politically, this much is obvious. Apparently I now have two options, I could discuss this like a grown up, or now apparently i can turn up to your place of work and throw a milk based product over you?

I would have thought if this chap was so convinced he was in the right the first option would have made more sense. The moral high ground is much more difficult to ascend after you've chucked a drink over somebody.

Job

Ha...thats the Corbyn effect.

They voted in a brexiter.

Job

The Brexit party was given a clean bill of health for their funding procedure.
They asked them to physically turn up and check it..they refused.

Next a stitch up..Brown announces concerns..oh were coming in.

They refused an invite because it didnt have the negative clout of them inviting themselves.

Its a concerted and organised policy to keep the status quo..in full view with no concern because they control the conversation.

Yoni

I vehemently disagree with you politically, this much is obvious. Apparently I now have two options, I could discuss this like a grown up, or now apparently i can turn up to your place of work and throw a milk based product over you?

I would have thought if this chap was so convinced he was in the right the first option would have made more sense. The moral high ground is much more difficult to ascend after you've chucked a drink over somebody.
There have always been these options see above except now it is milk based rather than egg or rotten vegetable. For me it was quite clear that the chap had an emotional response to a politician which was to throw his favorite milk shake. If it was pre planned the choice of milkshake was odd... We do not know to what lengths this person may have tried in order to have a reasoned discussions OR why he had this reaction. Sadly the daily fail didn’t go down that line of questioning.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
The Brexit party was given a clean bill of health for their funding procedure.
They asked them to physically turn up and check it..they refused.

Next a stitch up..Brown announces concerns..oh were coming in.

They refused an invite because it didnt have the negative clout of them inviting themselves.

Its a concerted and organised policy to keep the status quo..in full view with no concern because they control the conversation.

Really? Ive not seen that reported anywhere. I've seen this though:
EU to investigate Nigel Farage over expenses funded by Arron Banks

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Poverty in the UK is a systemic political choice.

The bottom line is that much of the glue that has held British society together since the Second World War has been deliberately removed and replaced with a harsh and uncaring ethos.

Some observers might conclude that the DWP had been tasked with "designing a digital and sanitised version of the 19th Century workhouse, made infamous by Charles Dickens"

Independent experts say that 14 million people in the UK - a fifth of the population - live in poverty. In 2017, 1.5 million people experienced destitution, meaning they had less than £10 a day after housing costs, or they had to go without at least two essentials such as shelter, food, heat, light, clothing or toiletries during a one-month period.

Reason for the Brexit vote right there. Shame is, brexit is going to make it worse for them.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Poverty in the UK is a systemic political choice.

Reason for the Brexit vote right there. Shame is, brexit is going to make it worse for them.
Whilst I agree with the report completely I disagree that it caused the Brexit vote. It only contributed to it.

There's a narrative which seems commonly accepted now that poor working class people were the ones that voted for Brexit whilst the middle classes voted against it. Whilst there is some evidence of that there were still plenty of poor working class people (many Labour voters) who voted Remain.

Huge numbers of Leave votes came from middle-class Tory voters in rural areas. The stats show they were the most likely to vote Leave.

My experience in 2016 driving round the country was that the Leave posters were predominantly in the rural areas. Farms, villages, market towns. Most of these people weren't the ones fucked over by austerity.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Don't disagree with that actually. Should have used the word "contributed". Without austerity I bet the vote wouldn't have made the 52% though...

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Don't disagree with that actually. Should have used the word "contributed". Without austerity I bet the vote wouldn't have made the 52% though...
Ok. Probably not.

Job

Not that it matters.

Winning the vote is irrelevent to remainers.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not that it matters.

Winning the vote is irrelevent to remainers.
You do understand we're not talking about the vote - we're talking about the reasons for the vote...?

Words @Job. Words.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
And I said not that it matters.

Words.
Your first post didn't say thet and the context of your post is clearly about the result.

Words and context @Job. Unless you really don't like other people discussing the why's...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom