Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Where would you set the threshold for a high earner and at what rate without driving people out ?
Well where I live if you earn over c.60k a year you pay 55% but also corporations contribute 32.42% to social costs and min 4.7% to pensions....

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Sorry but no! You did not state your reasons for wanting to stay until after I made the post... so not disrespectful... additionally I reinforced your reasons for staying in my next post.

You are however 2nd generation British though? ie someone ‘allowed’. Your grandparent / grandparents to live in Great Britain? Don’t you think it is your duty to pay it forward to future generations or would you just in the words of Enoch Powell “send them home”...because when do you stop, at what point? maybe when the economy is in the toilet being 2nd generation won’t be enough not to be deported...

@Job why do I think the UK is shite?

Many many reasons but mainly because when I go out in my home city or the previous city I lived in.... when it is time to go home in the evening I can walk and feel safe... a stark comparison to how I felt in the UK... there is an “edgy” feel to being out after a certain time in the UK. On top of that pensions, national healthcare, roads, public transportation, schools, hospitals, police force, cost of childcare, low level of inclusion of other humans.... and finally the constant rain... -15 clear sky and crisp snow on the ground is so much nicer.
So youve moved from an edgy place in the UK to a safer place abroad.

I could quite easily do the opposite..it has nothing to do with being abroad

Job

Well to be fair my Dad knew he and his Mum would have to work hard to gain the right to live here and gain his (not his Mum) British Citizenship. What is ironic is that he and his Mum left Italy as it was in such a shit state (and for another reason) and they believed the UK would offer a better quality of life and for his dues my Dad has worked his fingers to the bone literally as he did not receive hardly any education whilist living in Italy.

Any form of racism is just wrong. I made it clear to my kids when they were growing up how bad it is and if I thought they were being racism in anyway they got a severe telling off. The problem is that children either "learn" it from shitty parents or from school. Do I believe it is getting worse? Absolutely. I think it peaked in the 80s with the APL etc then slowly went away to a degree but it is rising again and Brexit is certainly not helping in the slightest.
Unmetered immigration coupled with endless laws to discourage integration is to blame.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Unmetered immigration coupled with endless laws to discourage integration is to blame.
Can you share some of these endless laws which discourage integration?

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
So youve moved from an edgy place in the UK to a safer place abroad.

I could quite easily do the opposite..it has nothing to do with being abroad
Rubbish.... you assume I have never lived in a backwards seaside town...

Job

Can you share some of these endless laws which discourage integration?
The laws that prevent us being honest about our differences and airing our concerns.

So instead they fester..and eventually we brexit...and the saga continues, Tories leaving to join ukip2.

If theyd let us talk it out..offensive opinions included, the extremists become laughable and shared values appear, instead everyone digs in and that why you have a ghettoised London/Birmingham

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The laws that prevent us being honest about our differences and airing our concerns.

So instead they fester..and eventually we brexit...and the saga continues, Tories leaving to join ukip2.

If theyd let us talk it out..offensive opinions included, the extremists become laughable and shared values appear, instead everyone digs in and that why you have a ghettoised London/Birmingham
Those conversations can happen without being offensive. Why do we for example, have to bring the colour of a person into the conversation or their religion or their sexuality? I don't give a fuck as long as they do not try and force their views onto me.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Those conversations can happen without being offensive. Why do we for example, have to bring the colour of a person into the conversation or their religion or their sexuality? I don't give a fuck as long as they do not try and force their views onto me.
Therein lies the issue. The colour of a person or their religion or their sexuality *is* the problem for people like @Job.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I whole heartedly agree... higher taxation for high earners would absolutely start to help
I think the issue is inherited wealth more than anything else.

There should be a maximum amount a person is allowed to own.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Therein lies the issue. The colour of a person or their religion or their sexuality *is* the problem for people like @Job.
They should be able to freely talk about that though, without being criminalised.

Only way their views can be challenged is if they can express them in the first place.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I'm not talking about criminalising it, there just isn't going to be a worthwhile debate when their argument boils down to "muh but they're not like me".

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm not talking about criminalising it, there just isn't going to be a worthwhile debate when their argument boils down to "muh but they're not like me".
You won't get worthwhile debate, but you will get to openly talk about it and challenge their views - rather than them festering in the shadows.

We need that pressure-cooker valve.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Where would you set the threshold for a high earner and at what rate without driving people out ?
I think that's part of the issue. By setting these things as a rate against an arbitrary income level they'll never work for society as a whole IMHO. For example, should you be being taxed at all if you cannot afford somewhere to live?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I think the issue is inherited wealth more than anything else.

There should be a maximum amount a person is allowed to own.
I'd say the issue with inherited wealth is more that those who already have the lions share have made anyone else achieving that status an impossibility, thereby protecting their share. It's not right to stop those who have worked hard throughout their lives being able to share the fruits of their labours with those around them.

The bigger problem is resource stagnation. When resources are moving there is the possibility of them being utilised for good. When they remain static (e.g. in a bank account with more zero's than fit on a sheet of paper) they are no good to anyone but the account holder.

I think the best current example of this is Bill Gates, I don't begrudge him anything because he's putting what he's earned to good use. I don't see that funds being accumulated through inheritance taxes are put to use in anything like as good a manner.

Ormorof

FH is my second home

Please, those areas are hardly occuring because of lack of pearl clutchers able to air their views, they spring up because hey who tends to move in when you have low cost housing coupled with public transport to get to low paid jobs? The people disproportionately represented in those demographics! (immigrants if you werent following)

same thing happened in US to the irish, italians, etc, back when people could (and did) say all sorts of shit.

Job

Yeah and America has asimilated them all perfectly in a sort of Mafia kind of way, but anyway the US is a different thing all together..its a country of immigrants with no built in history except the natives.

Which is a bit of an omen.

Job

Why would you need to fake a migrant video.
Thats like faking cars on the M6.

Obviously the 'appeared' attack staging is outrageous.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
If you're in control of the staging you can put whatever slant you want on it.

Job

And of you control the media you can put any slant on brexit you want.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Why would you need to fake a migrant video.
Thats like faking cars on the M6.

Obviously the 'appeared' attack staging is outrageous.

Job hypocrite case #34523123125134562356174325817234581902374891236498123745612587123541234124

The Liberal Elite Media selectively reports on factual information in order to push their agenda, that's bad!

The Vote Leave campaign completely made up information and portrayed it as factual to push their agenda, that's fine!

Job

Im not saying they didnt...havent seen the evidence.
But to suggest you have to invent a migrant crisis is hysterical.
You can watch yourself from the beach.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Fucking hell, you're dense. They've done all they can to turn an immigration "situation" into an immigration "crisis" and people like you have absolutely lapped it up.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Formby probably, because nothing else he says makes any sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom