Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by Wij, Nov 14, 2018.

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

1. FOR

2. AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Yoni

Yoni Cockb@dger / Klotehommel

Well where I live if you earn over c.60k a year you pay 55% but also corporations contribute 32.42% to social costs and min 4.7% to pensions....

2. Job

Job TWAT and FH Object of Ridicule

So youve moved from an edgy place in the UK to a safer place abroad.

I could quite easily do the opposite..it has nothing to do with being abroad

3. Job

Unmetered immigration coupled with endless laws to discourage integration is to blame.

4. Deebs

Deebs Chief Arsewipe Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

Can you share some of these endless laws which discourage integration?

5. Yoni

Yoni Cockb@dger / Klotehommel

Rubbish.... you assume I have never lived in a backwards seaside town...

6. Job

The laws that prevent us being honest about our differences and airing our concerns.

So instead they fester..and eventually we brexit...and the saga continues, Tories leaving to join ukip2.

If theyd let us talk it out..offensive opinions included, the extremists become laughable and shared values appear, instead everyone digs in and that why you have a ghettoised London/Birmingham

• Facepalm Facepalm x 1
  7. Deebs

Deebs Chief Arsewipe Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

Those conversations can happen without being offensive. Why do we for example, have to bring the colour of a person into the conversation or their religion or their sexuality? I don't give a fuck as long as they do not try and force their views onto me.

8. caLLous

caLLous I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

Therein lies the issue. The colour of a person or their religion or their sexuality *is* the problem for people like @Job.

9. Scouse

Scouse HERO! FH Subscriber

I think the issue is inherited wealth more than anything else.

There should be a maximum amount a person is allowed to own.

10. Scouse

They should be able to freely talk about that though, without being criminalised.

Only way their views can be challenged is if they can express them in the first place.

11. caLLous

I'm not talking about criminalising it, there just isn't going to be a worthwhile debate when their argument boils down to "muh but they're not like me".

• Like Like x 1
  12. Scouse

You won't get worthwhile debate, but you will get to openly talk about it and challenge their views - rather than them festering in the shadows.

We need that pressure-cooker valve.

13. MYstIC G

MYstIC G Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

I think that's part of the issue. By setting these things as a rate against an arbitrary income level they'll never work for society as a whole IMHO. For example, should you be being taxed at all if you cannot afford somewhere to live?

14. MYstIC G

MYstIC G Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor Staff member Moderator FH Subscriber

I'd say the issue with inherited wealth is more that those who already have the lions share have made anyone else achieving that status an impossibility, thereby protecting their share. It's not right to stop those who have worked hard throughout their lives being able to share the fruits of their labours with those around them.

The bigger problem is resource stagnation. When resources are moving there is the possibility of them being utilised for good. When they remain static (e.g. in a bank account with more zero's than fit on a sheet of paper) they are no good to anyone but the account holder.

I think the best current example of this is Bill Gates, I don't begrudge him anything because he's putting what he's earned to good use. I don't see that funds being accumulated through inheritance taxes are put to use in anything like as good a manner.

15. Ormorof

Ormorof FH is my second home

Please, those areas are hardly occuring because of lack of pearl clutchers able to air their views, they spring up because hey who tends to move in when you have low cost housing coupled with public transport to get to low paid jobs? The people disproportionately represented in those demographics! (immigrants if you werent following)

same thing happened in US to the irish, italians, etc, back when people could (and did) say all sorts of shit.

16. Job

Yeah and America has asimilated them all perfectly in a sort of Mafia kind of way, but anyway the US is a different thing all together..its a country of immigrants with no built in history except the natives.

Which is a bit of an omen.

17. MrHorus

MrHorus Can't get enough of FH

Why would you want to?

18. Job

It was just snobbery leaking out.

19. caLLous

20. Job

Why would you need to fake a migrant video.
    Thats like faking cars on the M6.

Obviously the 'appeared' attack staging is outrageous.

• Facepalm Facepalm x 4
  21. caLLous

If you're in control of the staging you can put whatever slant you want on it.

22. Job

And of you control the media you can put any slant on brexit you want.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Facepalm Facepalm x 1
  23. Ormorof

Indeed Mr Murdoch tries very hard to do so, and you lap it up ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Gwadien

Gwadien Uneducated Northern Cretin

Job hypocrite case #34523123125134562356174325817234581902374891236498123745612587123541234124

The Liberal Elite Media selectively reports on factual information in order to push their agenda, that's bad!

The Vote Leave campaign completely made up information and portrayed it as factual to push their agenda, that's fine!

25. Job

Im not saying they didnt...havent seen the evidence.
    But to suggest you have to invent a migrant crisis is hysterical.
    You can watch yourself from the beach.

• Facepalm Facepalm x 2
  26. caLLous

Fucking hell, you're dense. They've done all they can to turn an immigration "situation" into an immigration "crisis" and people like you have absolutely lapped it up.

• Agree Agree x 2
  27. Ormorof

Which beach?

28. caLLous

Formby probably, because nothing else he says makes any sense.

29. DaGaffer

DaGaffer Down With That Sorta Thing

• Funny Funny x 1