Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Fucking hell, you're dense. They've done all they can to turn an immigration "situation" into an immigration "crisis" and people like you have absolutely lapped it up.
Just fucking lol.

Someone did something in a boat

Job

Every single NI agreement has just been capitulation to terrorism.

Im sure any new ones will be exactly the same, maybe some bombs might start going off in Brussels.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I hope David Cameron's penis falls off.

Seriously what on earth does Samantha see in him? He looks at her and thinks he's a lucky bloke: she's a bit of MILF and she's loaded. She looks at him (that vast mound of duvet-hogging pale sweating cowardly flatulence) and thinks at least George Osborn could get it up.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Every single NI agreement has just been capitulation to terrorism.

Im sure any new ones will be exactly the same, maybe some bombs might start going off in Brussels.

You say a lot of dumb things but seem to be particularly trollish lately...

Considering british intelligence were involved in setting off bombs in Dublin the 80s, i dont think you can swuarely pin blame on one side. The agreements helped both sides calm the fuck down and realise how dumb the whole thing is.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Dumb things is an understatement, he won’t even accept that Cornwall will be significantly worse off should Brexit materialise

MK asks: Will UK Government replace Cornwall’s lost EU funds?

Remember folks there are elements in Cornwall who would leave “UK” as would some in Wales and Scotland... The other 3 in the Celtic fringe appear happy with their lot (even Brittany for the time being)..

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Dumb things is an understatement, he won’t even accept that Cornwall will be significantly worse off should Brexit materialise

Remember folks there are elements in Cornwall who would leave “UK” as would some in Wales and Scotland... The other 3 in the Celtic fringe appear happy with their lot (even Brittany for the time being)..

I'd love it if the UK fell apart and became 8 different countries.

Job

You do realise that when the EU puts some money into a deprived area...the government just put in less themselves to compensate..I mean you do get that dont you.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah the difference is almost imperceptible...

_105894396_chart-regional_funding-kl8ce-nc.png

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
You do realise that when the EU puts some money into a deprived area...the government just put in less themselves to compensate..I mean you do get that dont you.
You do realise the government is not going to invest any more in your backwards fishing village should the UK leave the EU...

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
ERDF funding in Cornwall is around 400 Mill Euros and makes up 75% of the local governments grants budget. Has a homeowner in Cornwall I do receive information, some local government literature through post and email. There has been a lot of funding grants given to SME's in Tech, Maritime and Aerospace. Newquay Airport and Falmouth University also benefited massively from infrastructure funding.

Wouldn't that money get replaced by Uk Government funding. Money they won't be paying into the EU. Just saying and I don't agree with Brexit at all, stupid idea and should never have been a vote imho.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Wouldn't that money get replaced by Uk Government funding. Money they won't be paying into the EU. Just saying and I don't agree with Brexit at all, stupid idea and should never have been a vote imho.
It could but it's more money to find. Given that Brexit will cost us a lot more than we get back in not paying for the EU and that's before we try to set up our own versions of 20 something regulatory bodies and pay for them which makes a Brexit bonus pot of negative tens of billions per annum.

Chances of that funding being replaced like for like in a massively poorer UK = zero.

Job

ERDF funding in Cornwall is around 400 Mill Euros and makes up 75% of the local governments grants budget. Has a homeowner in Cornwall I do receive information, some local government literature through post and email. There has been a lot of funding grants given to SME's in Tech, Maritime and Aerospace. Newquay Airport and Falmouth University also benefited massively from infrastructure funding.

We give the money to the EU who dole it out around Europe..is it too much to ask that we decide these things ourselves, that handing out money is something that we shouldnt leave to a third party.
Are you that far up the EUs ass that you believe they are better at it than us.
As for backward fishing village..that says it all about you.
If youre interested, I was born and grew up in Rock.
Look it up.

Talking to Yon obviously.

Job

We do pay for it so its bound to carry on...if they abolished it then house prices would crash in Spain.

Everyone loses if someone..somewhere is idiotic enough to cancel deals and arrangements just because we have left.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
We do pay for it so its bound to carry on...if they abolished it then house prices would crash in Spain.

Everyone loses if someone..somewhere is idiotic enough to cancel deals and arrangements just because we have left.

The taxpayer pays for it currently, their Government claims it back off our Government.

Post Brexit you'll have to pay for it yourself.

Could you imagine a Tory Government agreeing to pay for medical bills for brits abroad?

I mean really?

dysfunction

FH is my second home

Erm..I can't even...

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Its not a case of "cancelling" deals; under no-deal Brexit those deals become null and void so new deals have to be written, and this is the fucking Tories we're talking about; they're not going to give pensioners their current benefits, of course they're not.

Job

They could fix the deals overnight.
Its all smoke and mirrors to keep the drama going on both sides.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
They could fix the deals overnight.
Its all smoke and mirrors to keep the drama going on both sides.

Since they will have to write 27 bilateral deals (EU doesn't operate as a bloc on health service deals with third countries, except for Switzerland and EFTA as part of wider deals), no they wouldn't be able to fix the deals overnight. They will have to unpick the Cross-Border Health Directive and create a new EHIC for Brits (they might be able to lift the Swiss deal for example but its still not "overnight"). But more importantly they'd have to change British laws to ensure claims enforcement; the UK has been terrible at claiming back charges from EU citizens who use the NHS (and I mean really terrible; like 90% of what they should be claiming back they haven't). You know the fabled "350M a week for the NHS"? The UK could have had two weeks of that money just by handling their own claims to the EU properly.

Job

Well obviously..the NHS is basically a nationalised industry and waste is a major part of that process.

Job

Since they will have to write 27 bilateral deals (EU doesn't operate as a bloc on health service deals with third countries, except for Switzerland and EFTA as part of wider deals), no they wouldn't be able to fix the deals overnight. They will have to unpick the Cross-Border Health Directive and create a new EHIC for Brits (they might be able to lift the Swiss deal for example but its still not "overnight"). But more importantly they'd have to change British laws to ensure claims enforcement; the UK has been terrible at claiming back charges from EU citizens who use the NHS (and I mean really terrible; like 90% of what they should be claiming back they haven't). You know the fabled "350M a week for the NHS"? The UK could have had two weeks of that money just by handling their own claims to the EU properly.
Yes it takes for ever when they have the time, but it diesnt work like that.
Its not fucking bakeoff.
They stop the clock, keep the deals in place till new ones are written.
No one is ever..ever..going to actually throw things in the bin on no deal day.

That would just be utterly hysterically idiotic.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Yes it takes for ever when they have the time, but it diesnt work like that.
Its not fucking bakeoff.
They stop the clock, keep the deals in place till new ones are written.
No one is ever..ever..going to actually throw things in the bin on no deal day.

That would just be utterly hysterically idiotic.

Yes a no deal means exactly that you fucking moron
It's a good job breathing doesn't require thought as you would be dead by now.

Last edited:

Job

No shit Sherlock.
Im pointing out that no one will throw away the deals even if 'no deal' is announced.
Its just too damaging..it doesnt work like that unless we were in a state of economic or actual war.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
No shit Sherlock.
Im pointing out that no one will throw away the deals even if 'no deal' is announced.
Its just too damaging..it doesnt work like that unless we were in a state of economic or actual war.

THEY WILL HAVE NO CHOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!! FFS you are thicker than I thought

Job

Jesus fucking chrust.
Do you do the EU?
Have you watched them since the dawn of its creation.
They fudge everything..everything.
You are too busy sucking up the doom laden liberal media to put any actual intelligence into the debate.

They dont have to DO anything.
Every legality has a thousand loop holes, every goalpost has a slider.
It would be impossible to conduct a central control without it.
Just go look it up instead of regurgitating spin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom