Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Firstly you have no fucking clue of how people live on benefits.
Secondly Im saying that for such back breaking work they should be paid a better wage.
But you are happy for people to come over and accept shite conditions because they are the cornerstone of your EU ass licking freedom of movement...which of course to professionals like you..means Francois coming over to teach French.
In reality its mostly the poor accepting low wages for horrible jobs.

Job

No what he is saying is that since there won't be an influx of European people stealing jobs from the British then British people will be jumping at the chance to work on the farm instead of doing the job they do now or claiming benefits.
No..I said the exact opposite..but whatever.

Job

Heres the logic in this board.

The holocaust was terrible.

Omg job said holocaust, he wants to gas jews.

First reply to this will be

Now hes talking about gassing jews.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Firstly you have no fucking clue of how people live on benefits.
Secondly Im saying that for such back breaking work they should be paid a better wage.
But you are happy for people to come over and accept shite conditions because they are the cornerstone of your EU ass licking freedom of movement...which of course to professionals like you..means Francois coming over to teach French.
In reality its mostly the poor accepting low wages for horrible jobs.

How do you propose that farm hands are paid a good wage whilst keeping the price of food low?

I mean this is possible post-Brexit if we buy purely British food, but it would be ridiculously expensive.

Cheap labour is a necessity of capitalism.

Job

Supply food prices are kept low by supermarkets who are feeding investors.

They are forcing growers to import the poor to work in conditions that resemble workhouses.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Heres the logic in this board.

The holocaust was terrible.

Omg job said holocaust, he wants to gas jews.

First reply to this will be

Now hes talking about gassing jews.
Are you ok?

Gwadien

Supply food prices are kept low by supermarkets who are feeding investors.

They are forcing growers to import the poor to work in conditions that resemble workhouses.

I think you're a communist.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think you're a communist.
Hold on, that's MY label. :eek:

In many ways he's not wrong, though. We subsidise shelf-stacker wages through our taxes, whilst supermarkets pay out loads to shareholders. It's basically money from tax > shareholder.

Prices stay low. Loads of food waste. Farms need cheap labour.

But ask humans to pay what their food actually costs? Wow. We'd all be poor again pretty quickly.

Job

Just seen it..fucking unbelievable...what in any grounds does the court have to rule on this..an absolute hijacking of democracy.

Very..very disturbing indeed.

Gwadien

I find it much more democratic that they will wipe out the result and then (I'd imagine) have another referendum.

I'm fairly sure the vast majority of people in the UK are pissed off that so many were lied to.

Hard Brexit will never happen being the main lie.

Gwadien

So old Nige has started his own party.

Filled with businessmen and high achievers.

Not even pretending to be a man of the people anymore.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
He hasnt donr a Tony Blair but i can’t imagine him being popular in the slightest.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Why the fuck you two are going back and forth on this when it says he's not actually been refused in the same bloody article?
The point I was making is that all over the country taxpayers who've lived here for donkeys years are being made to feel like shit being put through this having to justify their position.

Refused or not, "settled status" isn't something they should have to apply for. And, secondarily, if we must make these people apply for it then the process should be relatively painless - not fucking procedurally awful and seemingly arbitrary.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Frankly, that's hogwash. People have to apply for things all the time. This guy having to provide more paperwork to secure what he is applying for isn't newsworthy because he works high up in education. All that article shows is just how backwards our journalism has become as the whole thing is clickbait.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Frankly, that's hogwash. People have to apply for things all the time. This guy having to provide more paperwork to secure what he is applying for isn't newsworthy because he works high up in education. All that article shows is just how backwards our journalism has become as the whole thing is clickbait.
Yep. Fuck all to do with his career.

I said "stay classy" because we could essily have said - if you were here before brexit, you can stay.

But we're hanging a sword of damocles over all EU national's heads that we might kick them out - even if they've been here 20 yesrs.

It's not applying for the dole - it's being forced to apply to not have your life fucked over and your families split apart by the choice of other people who've never met you and don't care.

It's fucking horrendous.

Gwadien

It's down to the Government to check who is eligible, not for EU citizens to prove their worth.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I just hope Europe take the higher ground for those UK nationals who do not have local citizenship, if the UK ‘really’ start splitting up families..

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I just hope Europe take the higher ground for those UK nationals who do not have local citizenship, if the UK ‘really’ start splitting up families..
Some countries already have. Which is great.

It's a shame we refuse to show the same class. I feel shame.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Thank fuck I qualify for Irish and Itialian citizenship as well as UK. :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Get the passport m8.

Going to Ireland with a mate in June to find a birth certificate of his grandmother's. Would have been in dublin but there's been fires and moves where they didn't take all records. So we have to find some arse-end church in Tipperary and hope the records are still there.

Should be fun. :)

Wish I had Irish ancestry that guaranteed my freedom to move about :(

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
If you have a right to reside the UK are still requesting you fill out the forms... if I were you I would claim your citizenships asap if you intend on living elsewhere

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
A Leave voter looking into citizenship options outside the UK. Whatever next.
Who said I was? Stop putting words into my mouth. I said I qualify for other citizenships but am not doing anything about it.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
If you have a right to reside the UK are still requesting you fill out the forms... if I were you I would claim your citizenships asap if you intend on living elsewhere
I don't intend on leaving the UK.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Get the passport m8.

Going to Ireland with a mate in June to find a birth certificate of his grandmother's. Would have been in dublin but there's been fires and moves where they didn't take all records. So we have to find some arse-end church in Tipperary and hope the records are still there.

Should be fun. :)

Wish I had Irish ancestry that guaranteed my freedom to move about :(
The Irish route is easiest for me as everything can be in English, to get an Italian passport I have to write everything in Italian which I don't know and my Dad is not that great at writing. Anyway, no need to get either yet but can if I want or need to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom