Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well at least the EU know that Johnno ain't bluffing.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
‘I WILL STAB MYSELF. DEAD CERT. AND THEN YOU’LL GET ALL BLOOD ON YOU. HAHAHA!!!’
Maybe. But it doesn't look like he's bluffing. Which, frankly, is a darn sight better a negotiation tactic than under May.

If she'd pursued it this way then maybe the deal she repeatedly presented to parliament would not have repeatedly been turned down for being shite...

On a separate note about the proroguation of parliament: makes me uncomfortable, but I don't think it makes me more uncomfortable than parliamentarians who vote in ways that don't represent the views of their constituents.

Right now, honestly, I'm feeling a little relieved that things are moving. We can say I told you so when things fuck up, but until then I think all we can do is watch the juggernaut plough on.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
On a separate note about the proroguation of parliament: makes me uncomfortable, but I don't think it makes me more uncomfortable than parliamentarians who vote in ways that don't represent the views of their constituents.

That isn't realistic democracy though, that's fantasy democracy, especially when it comes to Brexit.

I think we vote for our MPs to vote for what they believe is best for their constituents, which is why it's impossible to get a no deal Brexit through.

Although as of late MPs generally don't vote for our best interests, that's why there's so much political distrust.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Maybe. But it doesn't look like he's bluffing. Which, frankly, is a darn sight better a negotiation tactic than under May.

If she'd pursued it this way then maybe the deal she repeatedly presented to parliament would not have repeatedly been turned down for being shite...

Right now, honestly, I'm feeling a little relieved that things are moving. We can say I told you so when things fuck up, but until then I think all we can do is watch the juggernaut plough on.
He’s still asking for things which aren’t and never will be o offer. He’s playing to his party. Not to the EU.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
@Wij - as our resident jezzer-hater - former justice secretary David Gauke said this to Johnson-supporting Tories about proroguation:
Put to one side your views of a no-deal Brexit. Imagine that Jeremy Corbyn is PM, pursuing a policy that is unpopular in parliament and in the country. At a crucial moment he finds a way to evade parliamentary scrutiny for several weeks
I think his intention was to say "where is your outrage" about Johnson's actions.

My first thought was: "Jezza wouldn't do it"

Wij

I am a FH squatter
@Wij - as our resident jezzer-hater - former justice secretary David Gauke said this to Johnson-supporting Tories about proroguation:

I think his intention was to say "where is your outrage" about Johnson's actions.

My first thought was: "Jezza wouldn't do it"

Who knows if he would but it would be wrong.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Who knows if he would but it would be wrong.
I think it would be monumentally surprising if jezza did it. Say what you like about the guy, he has principles he sticks by rigidly. (Which is both weakness and strength).

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
They have plenty of time to organise an no confidence vote...its been done before and parliament has been running for three years because of this endless squirming.
Its perfectly reasonable and the hypocritical outrage from remainers is laughable after three years of every dusty old book law dragged out to kick brexit into the long grass.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
They have plenty of time to organise an no confidence vote...its been done before and parliament has been running for three years because of this endless squirming.
Its perfectly reasonable and the hypocritical outrage from remainers is laughable after three years of every dusty old book law dragged out to kick brexit into the long grass.
That’s your best shot?

3/10 for effort.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Parliament doing its job to make sure the government’s plans are good for the country is totally the same as suspending parliament because it might not agree with what you are doing.

Yes, the equivalence is total. I am humiliated by your logic.

Please enter me anally to administer the necessary hurt.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The Guardian commenters are going ballistic and the mods are fully armed.

You get your comments deleted even if you name Gina Miller in a good or bad light.
I think its fair to say from now on you can just completely ignore the Guardian community, their bubble is now a steel tank

Gwadien

wah wah wah wah, we've not been listened to for all these years.

Yeah we need to start ignoring our opposition.

lol.

Gwadien

Yeah man, it's like CNN, BBC etc, we should ignore them and hopefully they'll go out of business then we only have one opinion. yay.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

Not being attracted to something doesn't mean you aren't going to do something, just means you'd rather not. I wasn't particularly attracted to getting up to go to work this morning, but I had little choice.

I'm sure he would love to come to a compromise in the HoC, however with recent maneuvers around Governments of National Unity (lol) and trying to stop Brexit, I'd suggest that's probably not an option.

Still don't see the fuss really. Parliament will lose 3 days at the end of the conference recess, and if you think MP's were honestly going to skip the conferences with a GE imminent I have a bridge to sell you. So what democracy was going to occur in those 3 days that they haven't managed over the last 3 years? More indicative votes? Maybe a Cooper-Letwin bill or two? Maybe Bercow could waffle on about his own overinflated sense of self importance?

Of course if they REALLY wanted more time to block a No-Deal Brexit, maybe that 6 week holiday they are just finishing was a silly idea? Or even vote in favour of the deal that's been offered?

Worst case, Boris can't get his Queen's Speech through Parliament and we go to a GE. Magic Grandpa and his band of merry Trots and Antisemites get their wish, and looking at current polling, Boris gets a majority.

However I forgot - constitutional chicanery to block Brexit - good. If it's used by people trying to implement the result of a democratic vote? Very bad.

Bodhi

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah man, it's like CNN, BBC etc, we should ignore them and hopefully they'll go out of business then we only have one opinion. yay.
Not what I said at all. You're a proper Job sometimes.

The guardian is fucking disgraceful in what it 'allows' on it's public comments section.

Gwadien

Not what I said at all. You're a proper Job sometimes.

The guardian is fucking disgraceful in what it 'allows' on it's public comments section.

Because a bunch of right-wing keyboard warriors go on there and troll in order to feed the whole fake news bullshit?

Yeah.

Bodhi

Because a bunch of right-wing keyboard warriors go on there and troll in order to feed the whole fake news bullshit?

Yeah.

Yeah. The Guardian fucking love diversity.

As long as it isn't diversity of opinion. That is against the rules (please give us a fiver).

Gwadien

It's a left-wing paper, that's why you have a problem with it, nothing to do with freedom of speech and diversity.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Not being attracted to something doesn't mean you aren't going to do something, just means you'd rather not. I wasn't particularly attracted to getting up to go to work this morning, but I had little choice.

I'm sure he would love to come to a compromise in the HoC, however with recent maneuvers around Governments of National Unity (lol) and trying to stop Brexit, I'd suggest that's probably not an option.

Still don't see the fuss really. Parliament will lose 3 days at the end of the conference recess, and if you think MP's were honestly going to skip the conferences with a GE imminent I have a bridge to sell you. So what democracy was going to occur in those 3 days that they haven't managed over the last 3 years? More indicative votes? Maybe a Cooper-Letwin bill or two? Maybe Bercow could waffle on about his own overinflated sense of self importance?

Of course if they REALLY wanted more time to block a No-Deal Brexit, maybe that 6 week holiday they are just finishing was a silly idea? Or even vote in favour of the deal that's been offered?

Worst case, Boris can't get his Queen's Speech through Parliament and we go to a GE. Magic Grandpa and his band of merry Trots and Antisemites get their wish, and looking at current polling, Boris gets a majority.

However I forgot - constitutional chicanery to block Brexit - good. If it's used by people trying to implement the result of a democratic vote? Very bad.
Load of bollocks. For the reasons I stated above and many more this makes it harder for parliament to hold the executive to account.

And they aren’t exactly hiding their reasons either:

View: https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1167057119843143680

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom