Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Because it costs a couple of thousands of pounds.

Theresa gave people a couple of years to decide, Boris is giving them a couple of weeks.

He's just playing to scum bags like you.

It's free to apply (there was originally a £65 charge but it was dropped).

Having said that, the chances of processing 2 million applications by October 31st are essentially zero. Once again the government has created a completely unnecessary problem for itself (in order to appeal to its base) as well as for the people affected.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Appealing to Express readers as usual. It'll be caning coming back to schools next.

I could imagine them doing that, and then receiving the collective facepalm from teachers.

Problem these days is parents, not kids, they think too much of their kids and have no respect/appreciation of teachers.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I could imagine them doing that, and then receiving the collective facepalm from teachers.

Problem these days is parents, not kids, they think too much of their kids and have no respect/appreciation of teachers.
You'd love it. All those ripe young bottoms.

DaGaffer

It's free to apply (there was originally a £65 charge but it was dropped).

Having said that, the chances of processing 2 million applications by October 31st are essentially zero. Once again the government has created a completely unnecessary problem for itself (in order to appeal to its base) as well as for the people affected.

Update. I got a note from the Home Office today (because I signed up for settlement scheme updates out of curiosity ages ago)

Home Office said:
This is the latest information on the EU Settlement Scheme for EU citizens living in the UK. You are receiving this because you have requested email updates from the UK Government.

Update on the EU Settlement Scheme

There have been reports in the media and on social media regarding plans to end freedom of movement after we leave the EU, as well as what this means for EU citizens resident in the UK.

We want to reassure all EU citizens and their family members in the UK that you still have until at least 31 December 2020 to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme, even in the event of a no-deal exit. Furthermore, if someone who is eligible for status is not in the UK when we leave the EU, they will still be free to enter the UK as they are now.

Those who have not yet applied to the EU Settlement Scheme by 31 October 2019 will still have the same entitlements to work, benefits and services. Those rights will not change. EU citizens will continue to be able to prove their rights to access these benefits and services in the same way as they do now.

So panic over then (for at least one thing).

Ormorof

FH is my second home
How will they tell difference between a random EU citizen showing up at passport control and a resident? My years living in UK have left me with little faith in UKs ability to keep records on that kind of thing.

Would they need to carry evidence that they are still resident?

DaGaffer

How will they tell difference between a random EU citizen showing up at passport control and a resident? My years living in UK have left me with little faith in UKs ability to keep records on that kind of thing.

Would they need to carry evidence that they are still resident?

For 99% of people I doubt it would matter; they're not going to turning Europeans away at the border en masse. Having said that, I would imagine it would be squeaky bum time for anyone who leaves on holiday etc. coming back into the UK without settled status

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Why did Merkel say we could have a deal without the backstop though? Is it because she's talking from her countries point of view that they need a deal for their export dominant economy?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Why did Merkel say we could have a deal without the backstop though? Is it because she's talking from her countries point of view that they need a deal for their export dominant economy?
Source?

Macron said they could if they had an alternative that did exactly the same (I.E. Change the name).

That isn't going to happen and they know it. They are just putting the ball back into Johnson's court.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Wtf has it got to do with merkel and macron.

Oh yes I forgot, its their EU and no one else matters, its ALL about power and we are the equal of them both.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Wtf has it got to do with merkel and macron.

Oh yes I forgot, its their EU and no one else matters, its ALL about power and we are the equal of them both.
They will be EU members after we leave. We will not. Ergo they have more say.

It's still:

May's deal
No deal
Extension
Revoke

Choose one @Job

dysfunction

FH is my second home

She didn't say that at all.

She said if you can come up with a viable alternative they would be willing to update the withdrawal agreement otherwise jog on.

We couldn't come up with anything in the last 3 years so doubt dozy Boris will have a plan.

Job

I am sooo glad you lot are not on the negotiation team.

We'd come back with 100 billion to pay, hand over the keys to our nukes and the EU flag on the tenner

Job

They will be EU members after we leave. We will not. Ergo they have more say.

It's still:

May's deal
No deal
Extension
Revoke

Choose one @Job
No deal obviously.

DaGaffer

I am sooo glad you lot are not on the negotiation team.

We'd come back with 100 billion to pay, hand over the keys to our nukes and the EU flag on the tenner

So you think "we want to bin the insurance policy that we agreed, but we don't have an alternative, just trust us" is a negotiating position that anyone in their right mind would agree to? From Boris Johnson? You do understand that "perfidious Albion" is a real thing? Nobody trusts the British and the Irish distrust the British most of all, and with fucking good reason.

If you're an EU technocrat negotiating with the collection of clueless fuckwits we've sent over to Brussels over the last three years, not only do you not trust the British in the first place, you would have no confidence they even have the capabilities to keep a sincere promise given the breathtaking incompetence. So you're going to want a backstop.

Job

The 'peace in our time' EU are refusing to discuss a technical border and are in danger of reigniting one of the most bloody conflicts in Europe so as to keep their power over Britain.

Its quite simply disgusting to use it for political leverage when a small amount of give would put it to bed.

Job

So you think "we want to bin the insurance policy that we agreed, but we don't have an alternative, just trust us" is a negotiating position that anyone in their right mind would agree to? From Boris Johnson? You do understand that "perfidious Albion" is a real thing? Nobody trusts the British and the Irish distrust the British most of all, and with fucking good reason.

If you're an EU technocrat negotiating with the collection of clueless fuckwits we've sent over to Brussels over the last three years, not only do you not trust the British in the first place, you would have no confidence they even have the capabilities to keep a sincere promise given the breathtaking incompetence. So you're going to want a backstop.
They are not clueless f7ckwits..that your own sneering opinion because of your self hatred and they are not breathtakingly incompetent...its a difficult process and no one wants to budge first.

You are just suckered in by the mainstream medias constant agenda to show the UK as pathetic, a falling power that is lucky the EU bothers to listen to.
That is such fucking bullshit...France and Germany are just as fucked as us.

DaGaffer

The 'peace in our time' EU are refusing to discuss a technical border and are in danger of reigniting one of the most bloody conflicts in Europe so as to keep their power over Britain.

Its quite simply disgusting to use it for political leverage when a small amount of give would put it to bed.

They are not refusing to discuss a technical border, they are simply saying if it's not there in two years there's a plan B.

DaGaffer

They are not clueless f7ckwits..that your own sneering opinion because of your self hatred and they are not breathtakingly incompetent...its a difficult process and no one wants to budge first.

You are just suckered in by the mainstream medias constant agenda to show the UK as pathetic, a falling power that is lucky the EU bothers to listen to.
That is such fucking bullshit...France and Germany are just as fucked as us.

Red lines, invoking article 50 without a plan, the election, the DUP, the list goes on and on of self-inflicted utterly stupid actions are a matter of public record. I don't need the media to tell me these people are idiots, their actions do it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom