Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Jesus christ on a bike, why isnt anyone pointing out he just meets Macron and Merkel.
Are they the front of the EU..I mean obviously they are, we all know that, did he visit the Spanish leader..or the Polish..or Hungarian?

No in full view , yet again we quietly accept that the EU is not a collection of nations, its a private club led by power, they dont even try to hide it.
He me Tusk..does he have any power?
Would he listen to the concerns of Orban over Macron, does Romania have any input outside an obviously pre arranged vote.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Jesus christ on a bike, why isnt anyone pointing out he just meets Macron and Merkel.
Are they the front of the EU..I mean obviously they are, we all know that, did he visit the Spanish leader..or the Polish..or Hungarian?
If the EU didn't exist those smaller and as you point out less-powerful countries would be totally ignored. They'd get swept up in the constant warring of more powerful nations and citizens lives across the block would be stuck in the perma-war hell that Europe has been for the last few millennia.

So, yes, whilst Johnson meets with the major partners (Germany especially does a lot of the heavy lifting when assisting the poorer states) the EU gives these nations a) peace and b) a voice that gets heard (rather than totally ignored as they used to be).

They are EU members by choice. Nobody forces them to stay - but they do because the advantages of membership (peace, free trade within the bloc, a voice in the parliament that actually counts for something) outweighs the disadvantages (the big boys mostly get their way - but then they always did anyway, so they're still better off).

Remember: Article 50 applies to them too. If they don't like it then they can do what Britain is doing.

Basically, your rant is pointless and about nothing. We've all lived in the EU for the vast majority of our lives, understand how it works and why things work the way they do. It's only you, on this forum, who seems to lack comprehension of these basics - which leads you to howl irrelevancies at the moon.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Also don't confuse the fact that our press only reports what Macron and Merkel say because that's all THEY care about with what's actually going on.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

No in full view , yet again we quietly accept that the EU is not a collection of nations, its a private club led by power, they dont even try to hide it.
He me Tusk..does he have any power?
Would he listen to the concerns of Orban over Macron, does Romania have any input outside an obviously pre arranged vote.

And you're more than happy that the views of two of the four constituent countries of the UK are ignored when it comes to Brexit. I don't see Boris jetting over to Brussels and saying "hold on, I'd better get on the blower to Nicola, Arlene and the Welsh one before we get started Angela, maybe set up a conference call?" The UK doesnt do it and the EU won't either.

Could it possibly be that Boris only gets to speak to Merkel and Macron because European heads have already been speaking to each other and have agreed the party line already? And aren't at home to tried and tested British divide-and-rule?

The British are historically famous for playing factions off against each other (they even championed EU eastern expansion for that exact reason), and the best way to counter that is not to give them a way in.

Job

Im just interested in what the EU wants to be and who it thinks is in charge.

Macron, Merkel or Tusk...or all three, or hidden men in blue suits.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Poignant and clever.

Seriously.

You think that there's a hair cut conspiracy with the nazis and eco warriors.

I think you're the probably least qualified person to just art/culture.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
gc8b985risi31.jpg

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Im just interested in what the EU wants to be and who it thinks is in charge.

Macron, Merkel or Tusk...or all three, or hidden men in blue suits.
@DaGaffer, @Wij and I have covered off all that in our posts above.

If you disagree why not spell it out for us thickies.

Exactly like it really is
, so there's no room for grey areas. Give us no room to maneuver.

Tell us exactly what's going on @Job.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
This is so Boris can circumvent democracy.

After watching you lot wanking yourselves silly every time the Remain part of the argument use a constitutional trick to reverse the referendum result, I'm finding the wailing and gnashing now the Government is fighting fire with fire hilarious, frankly.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
After watching you lot wanking yourselves silly every time the Remain part of the argument use a constitutional trick to reverse the referendum result, I'm finding the wailing and gnashing now the Government is fighting fire with fire hilarious, frankly.

Or on the flip side, the Leave campaign banging on about how it's against democracy not to leave.

Even if that means removing the democratic part of democracy in order to achieve it.

dysfunction

FH is my second home

Yes I'd like to see some examples of this trickery

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Please elaborate, with examples.

And here’s one I prepared earlier
Politics - POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

Just do a search in the top right corner for "Bercow", then fill yer boots. Far more dodgy from a democracy point of view than suspending parliament at a time of the year it's always suspended anyway. In fact as this Parliament has been sitting for longer than any since the Civil War, I'd say today's actions have been well overdue.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Just do a search in the top right corner for "Bercow", then fill yer boots. Far more dodgy from a democracy point of view than suspending parliament at a time of the year it's always suspended anyway. In fact as this Parliament has been sitting for longer than any since the Civil War, I'd say today's actions have been well overdue.

I don't see any trickery.
Please show something specific.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

John Bercow doing his fucking job is exactly the kind of exercise in Parliamentary prerogative that the leave vote claimed it was fighting for. It's called democracy.

As for your second point, what the fuck are you talking about? Parliament is in recess right now and normally returns 1st week in Sept. There's absolutely no justification for suspending Parliament because they've been sitting too long; lazy cunts have been off since July. Try again.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
If it's been in session for ages what the big deal about letting it carry on a bit longer until after October the 31st? There's important stuff to debate I believe.

Job

Shits getting real.

Dont think for one minute though that Boris will get fuck all out of it and still accept a shit deal, this is going to run for years.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
The only 4 days thing is disingenuous bollocks anyway. It kills any bills started before it happens. Nothing can be carried over. Then they need to debate the queens speech for 4 days. Chuck in an emergency budget and that’s pretty much it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom