Politics POLL: Brexit Withdrawal Agreement

If you were an MP would you vote for or against it?

• FOR

• AGAINST

Results are only viewable after voting.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Because a bunch of right-wing keyboard warriors go on there and troll in order to feed the whole fake news bullshit?

Yeah.
I'm a right-wing keyboard warrior am I?

Nope. I've posted about this before. They censor well-thought-out and perfectly polite but not on-their-message posts.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
All of you unhappy about this are OK though, as the protestors have started a Twitter hashtag. They were going for #stopthecoup, but have ended up with #stopthecoupe.

Dear oh dear oh dear.....

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I'm a right-wing keyboard warrior am I?

Nope. I've posted about this before. They censor well-thought-out and perfectly polite but not on-their-message posts.

As I've said a billion times before, they're a newspaper, they're an independent company, they don't have to encourage debate.

I had a look at the Telegraph and the Daily Mail, it appears that they just have a right-wing circle jerk and the Daily Mail doesn't have a comment section for lots of their 'articles'.

But as I said before, it's the fake news campaign from the Right to destroy left-wing media (the little that exists). You're not in it because you're right wing, you're in it because you believe in some super crazy non-realistic form of 'free speech'.

Your views have been formed by said right-wing campaign.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Fucking lol.

This is what you get when you have children who've never lived before the internet was invented.

Gwadien

Fucking lol.

This is what you get when you have children who've never lived before the internet was invented.

What is your point?

Newspapers are to get a point of view across, not for discussion? That's what newspapers are and always have been, if anything the internet has opened the 'conversation'

Also, I'd like to see evidence of the Guardian deleting well thought out discussions rather than 'MUH LEFTIES ARE GAY HAHAHAHA'

Let's say I start a blog, should I not be allowed to have control over the content/comments on said blog?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Fixed that for you.

If this magical vote of no confidence is going to happen, this means Corbo has 2 weeks to get his finger out.

Tick tock.
I already said it does a lot more than that. Not going to retype just because you are ignoring it.

Gwadien

Easier to have a dig at me personally and not actually engage in the conversation eh @Scouse hypocrite. ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Easier to have a dig at me personally and not actually engage in the conversation eh @Scouse hypocrite. ;)
You didn't address the points I made when you replied and simply started ranting again, and I'm on holiday, so I figured "why bother".

Often do that with Job, when you know he holds an unshakeable opinion that can't be swayed by reasonable argument.

Gwadien

You didn't address the points I made when you replied and simply started ranting again, and I'm on holiday, so I figured "why bother".

Often do that with Job, when you know he holds an unshakeable opinion that can't be swayed by reasonable argument.

You didn't make a point, you just had a dig at me. ;)

Think I made my point pretty clear in the previous post.

The Guardian is a private newspaper, they can do what they want. Much like the other newspapers can do what they want.

I just find it interesting that we're criticising newspapers for not enabling debates, but we're no longer criticising newspapers for making stories up.

As I said, you're not right-wing, but you're a victim.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I just find it interesting that we're criticising newspapers for not enabling debates, but we're no longer criticising newspapers for making stories up.

Whilst I agree that newspapers shutting down wrongspeech isn't nothing Gwad is right that newspapers blatantly making stories up is a bigger worry.

(Waiting for the whataboutism of where the Guardian or NYTimes got something wrong and corrected it vs the Mail and Express blatantly lying every day and not giving a shit).

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
And yet, The Guardian reckon its all a bit ridiculous.

Parliament had failed on Brexit long before this prorogation | Politics | The Guardian

I had to double take when I read that from the Graud.

This all comes back to an opposition that has utterly failed to call the Tories to account at a time when the Tories have never been weaker.

We know the Tories are evil scumbag lying liars, they have simply become a more brazen version of the thing they have been for decades, and in that regard Johnson's actions are a predictable outcome given the direction of travel. Labour on the other hand could have protected the country from this and have utterly failed because their leader couldn't run a bath, never mind a country.

What's even more dismaying is that this is all still about saving the Tory party not the country, Johnson wants a no confidence vote so he can set up a "people v Parliament" election, effectively moving the Tories into populist ukip territory and carving off the "liberal" (eg remainer) wing. Its shit or bust, but no deal is a side effect, not the aim.

Last edited:

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
They dont lie, both sides just omit,spin, cherry pick and out of context.

I would say that the left are far more likely to do it, they have an agenda to socially construct information, to me they are a religious cult.
The right is reactionary spin to the lefts extremes...everything has 180'd.

Gwadien

They dont lie, both sides just omit,spin, cherry pick and out of context.

I would say that the left are far more likely to do it, they have an agenda to socially construct information, to me they are a religious cult.
The right is reactionary spin to the lefts extremes that the right have mostly invented...everything has 180'd.

fixed

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The opening sequence was widely derided for its hopelessly leftie slant by our resident trotskie Danny boyle, but it was very well done so we mostly overlooked it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom