Pet Classes that can heal their pet.

Nate

FH is my second home
I think this needs to be looked at that mythic make classes with pets require los to heal their pet...It's getting a bit silly that classes can click attack, ml9, rr5 if ur a caba, go out of view somewhere and heal it's pet from very far out of los. if you try to heal a player out of los you get out of view, so shouldn't it be the same?

discuss!

Tilda

Kite to guards?
Stun and 2 shot?
If you want LOS for pet heals, I want correct pet levels...

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Tilda said:
Kite to guards?
Stun and 2 shot?

i've seen so many video's of some random pet class using ml9 (example being cabalist), then swimming under a bridge, when the tank/caster tries to do something about the pet the Cabalist just heals it back to full.

I saw 1 chanter use moc3 and try to kill the pet, the cabalist just kept on healing.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Simple solution
if a caster ML's a pet, they get no rps

now thats justice

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:

Sure thing! But don't you think it will be hard focus pulling stuff with a level 25 pet?

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
remove ml9 from rvr... couse some pets can hit harder than a 2h useing ml10 rr10 tank fully buffed

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Just put ML9 type buffs in the pet summoning lines instead of as a ML freebie, so you have to spec a gimp line for it if you want to pwn all with ubah pet.

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
except most cabby's spec that line for debuffs ;)
eg 46 spirit 25/28 body or ofc the tri spec ;)

Everz

FH is my second home
shove it in spirit line.. it will end the ml9 reign of terror.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Azathrim said:
Sure thing! But don't you think it will be hard focus pulling stuff with a level 25 pet?

I think he meant that he rather have a 50 pet if they are going to implement LoS on the pet heals.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
I don't see what the big problem is, either CC the pet and be done with it or abuse the 1500 range pet return feature (or bug or whatever) that got implented some time ago.
If they want to waste ML9 and sit in a keep just to lose their pet then it's their problem ;)

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
I don't see what the big problem is, either CC the pet and be done with it or abuse the 1500 range pet return feature (or bug or whatever) that got implented some time ago.
If they want to waste ML9 and sit in a keep just to lose their pet then it's their problem ;)

lol, when?? i get chased all over nf pet stuck on my ass... it doesnt die or what ever... only necro pet has it

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Kinag said:
I think he meant that he rather have a 50 pet if they are going to implement LoS on the pet heals.

L50 pet without speccing 50 in the pet line?

That wouldn't be fair now, would it?

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Kaun_IA said:
lol, when?? i get chased all over nf pet stuck on my ass... it doesnt die or what ever... only necro pet has it

Nope every pet has it, 1500 range from caster without hitting someone = auto return to owner.

Celestino

Fledgling Freddie
and i guess its really hard for a caster to face and keep track of distance for the 3 hits a ml9ed pet needs :)

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
About as hard as hitting the sprint button for 1 sec then face and CC I guess.

Celestino

Fledgling Freddie
oh every class has a CC spell ? One that sticks for more than 4-5 sec vs pet demezz / rr5 / resi ? And every class is able to outsprint a pet with speed ? :)

Trunks

Loyal Freddie
Andrilyn said:
Nope every pet has it, 1500 range from caster without hitting someone = auto return to owner.

pets go a lot further then what you think 1500 range is, i can drag them from a bridge to a keep gate which is a lot further then 1500.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Naffets said:
L50 pet without speccing 50 in the pet line?

That wouldn't be fair now, would it?

Did I say it was fair?

I just explained what I thought Tilda meant.

But since you're targetting me, I might as well reply with something that started bugging me.

Is the SM pet fair? I mean, it can intercept 7/10 attacks.

Is the ability to do 1600+ with a 2h weapon what you would call fair? I mean, when it comes to PA.

I'm not whining, but since you already brought it up...

Tilda

Celestino said:
oh every class has a CC spell ? One that sticks for more than 4-5 sec vs pet demezz / rr5 / resi ? And every class is able to outsprint a pet with speed ? :)

Cabalists didn't have pet demez last time I checked, nor, iirc do SM's or chanters.
RR5 isn't up all the time and every class gets one, QQ more about that.
Pet speed, unless your solo and running on tank/horse speed, is overwritten by just about everything.
A pet without speed you can outsprint.
And most classes I can think of have a cc spell.

Trunks said:
pets go a lot further then what you think 1500 range is, i can drag them from a bridge to a keep gate which is a lot further then 1500.

Im not sure its 1500 but they definatly turn back once then get, probably 2000 from the caster, but if the caster is chasing you, I'm sure you'll be able to "kite" it further because the caster is keeping within the teather limit, when this happens, you can kite indefinatly.

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Cabby Pet speed is not over written by caster/speed 5 this patch.

Trunks

Loyal Freddie
still whatever your reasons might be for getting out of it, i agree that a caster being able to heal their pet without los is a bug and needs to be fixed, theirs no good reason for why they are able to do it.

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
Tilda said:
Kite to guards?
Stun and 2 shot?

you are funny

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
well then the problem being is that the cabalist will just group with a cleric or a friar and they will just spam group heal bingo problem solved and then you would whine about healers not having los to the target for healing and then you nerf all support classes which do this sort of thing IE hide on the top of a tower while their tanks / casters go out and kill everyone.

Ok its probbly worse on the cluster with Ml9 and such but really is it that hard to /slam or snare the pet then go gank the crap out of the caster. OR even shock horror engage the pet while your friend goes and slap it around the face.

There are choices in the game if you see the caster ml9 or juggy their pet then does that mean you have to rush over to the caster and kill them nope you run away until ml9 / juggernaght runs out then you run over and kill.

Either way if you have LOS on pet healing then chances are it would translate to all healing and you cripple a lot of other classes.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Maeloch said:
Just put ML9 type buffs in the pet summoning lines instead of as a ML freebie, so you have to spec a gimp line for it if you want to pwn all with ubah pet.

ooooh, that would acually make sense... i really like that.. gives me yet another purpose to keep my summ SM just that ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom