Pet Classes that can heal their pet.

Nate

FH is my second home
Awarkle said:
well then the problem being is that the cabalist will just group with a cleric or a friar and they will just spam group heal bingo problem solved and then you would whine about healers not having los to the target for healing and then you nerf all support classes which do this sort of thing IE hide on the top of a tower while their tanks / casters go out and kill everyone.

im not just talking about cabalists, general pet classes. and no i won't whine about a pet class grouping with a support class and spamming group heals, thats not a problem as that shouldnt require los, unlike target heals. which do.

Ok its probbly worse on the cluster with Ml9 and such but really is it that hard to /slam or snare the pet then go gank the crap out of the caster. OR even shock horror engage the pet while your friend goes and slap it around the face.
this isn't the problem, the case is that they can heal without los. which needs fixing
There are choices in the game if you see the caster ml9 or juggy their pet then does that mean you have to rush over to the caster and kill them nope you run away until ml9 / juggernaght runs out then you run over and kill.
doesnt even have to be ml9 to survive a nuking down whilst getting healed, it's not that it's ml9 its that it wont' ever die as caster can just hide / heal
Either way if you have LOS on pet healing then chances are it would translate to all healing and you cripple a lot of other classes.
no chances are it wont as it hasn't effected group heals when target heals on players require los.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
sm's do get demezz, then can cast it on anyone, pet or player.

also as for running from a cabalist pet, they have that perma speed buff thing iirc.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Tilda said:
Cabalists didn't have pet demez last time I checked, nor, iirc do SM's or chanters.
RR5 isn't up all the time and every class gets one, QQ more about that.
Pet speed, unless your solo and running on tank/horse speed, is overwritten by just about everything.
A pet without speed you can outsprint.
And most classes I can think of have a cc spell.
caba can just hit rr5 and the pet is unstoppable and you cant outsprint it since it stuns you, it also benefits from the grp mez reduction buff from a sorc afaik (correct me if im wrong) but then thats assuming its grped. If you really wanted you could cast the lvl 32(?) pet and have it cast disease making it impossible to outsprint

Sm does get demez at 26 supp, or if your summoning you have mez reduction (-55% duration or something) once again a pet that stuns from range.

Enchanter doesnt get demez but the pet gets resist piercing (doubt anyone specs for it but its there) and debuffs its own dmg if its a caster pet.

So no, most the time you cant outrun the pet. ML9 is stupidly unbalanced and never should have been implemented in rvr.
Or are you laughably claiming a ml9 pet should be able to rip apart a ml10 toa'd tank played by a player?

But back on topic, i disagree healing should be on los. in pve pet pathing means more often than not your pet runs into walls after mobs etc, at one point i remember my pet dropping through the floor and agro'ing the orm below in DF. A more sensible fix would make ml9 not usable in rvr

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
Sm does get demez at 26 supp, or if your summoning you have mez reduction (-55% duration or something) once again a pet that stuns from range.
demezz is higher than 26 in suppression. In fact, it's made so that only suppression spiritmasters have it (unless you do a wierd split spec). In other words, the typical dark SM won't have demezz.

The sm pets do have a stun yes, it is a melee proc though. Hence, it's not a ranged stun.

Tilda

On my cabalist, I can't outheal someone whos acctually trying to kill my pet. I heal for around 120 a cast, and whoevers trying to kill it is hitting for near cap as its blue con.

Nate, I hope you dont play a stealther as I could always bring in the "you have stealth can pick and choose your fights"

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Tilda said:
On my cabalist, I can't outheal someone whos acctually trying to kill my pet. I heal for around 120 a cast, and whoevers trying to kill it is hitting for near cap as its blue con.

Try buffing your pet.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Phoebee-v- said:
Spreadheal doesn't heal pets(except necro(i think))

spreadheal does heal cabby pet afaik. and i was referring to the lack of a need for los on those heals... just like a cabbys pet heal.

not like the original posters complaint is an issue for anyone except a bridgecamper anyway and they deserve anything and everything they get.

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
Tilda said:

Nate, I hope you dont play a stealther as I could always bring in the "you have stealth can pick and choose your fights"

really? like puppet said.. buffs + ml9.. and you can easy outheal someone or atleast I could with my caba..

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
The same applies to players tho, people who go on bridges and park a DI bot and use spreadheal / group heals from somewhere else, I cant see what the problem with pet classes healing is at all. Most pet classes rely on their pet for defence, if you cant heal it by yourself when solo, what use is it at 10% health after a fight?

ML9 pets are not that hard to tank down, one on one perhaps tough, but mostly doable.

Me thinks someone got pwnd by one.

Nate

FH is my second home
Tilda said:

no i dont really, my main is a skald i also play my runie quite a bit i have a hunter that i dont play as their pretty boring for me atm.

as you have a cabalist i can understand why your against it

sure i got "pwnd" whoodoo, im sure you have too, i just thought i'd speak my mind aobut it..but u dont seem to be grasping the difference between target and group heals, one requires los, one doesn't.

noblok

Part of the furniture
Maeloch said:
Just put ML9 type buffs in the pet summoning lines instead of as a ML freebie, so you have to spec a gimp line for it if you want to pwn all with ubah pet.
Seems like a great idea, ML9 convoker at 50 petline spec.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Konah said:
spreadheal does heal cabby pet afaik. and i was referring to the lack of a need for los on those heals... just like a cabbys pet heal.

not like the original posters complaint is an issue for anyone except a bridgecamper anyway and they deserve anything and everything they get.

Spreadheal doesnt heal controlled pets. Atleast.. it doesnt in Hibernia.

A buffed ML9 pet can prolly 'tank' 2-3 real level 50 tanks and win with ease. If the pet has a cleric healproc, I doubt it will drop below 80% hp.

Serious tho, if you hear/see stories of pet-classes focuspull Danos, Eremai, Chan (ML9-mob) and various other high-con mobs, how can Tilda even say a level 50 player can hit the mob for cap-damage?

Just to compare, my RR7 Vampiir hit a 'selfbuffed' non-ML9 Spiritmaster-pet for about 250-300. That is, with the baseline-buffs on it. Add 'real' buffs to it and ML9 it and you're looking at 10-30 dmg tops. Style-cap is somewhere around 450-500 (forgot if I was hasted that particular incident this week).

I dont mind the pet-heals out of LoS, as they're not the real problem. The real problem is buffs increasing the absorb on a mob, and obviously ML9 Summoning Mastery should be unuseable on RvR-enemies. If you see what kind of damage a ML9'ed pet can do, you have to wonder why a caster with devastating damage on nukes also has access to a pet which does more damage typically then a buffed light-tank.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Azathrim said:
demezz is higher than 26 in suppression. In fact, it's made so that only suppression spiritmasters have it (unless you do a wierd split spec). In other words, the typical dark SM won't have demezz.

The sm pets do have a stun yes, it is a melee proc though. Hence, it's not a ranged stun.
who said anything about dark spec :)
my mistake btw 28 supp, been respecing alot trying split spec got a bit confused

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom