Pending 1.60E, which classes now SERIOUSLY need attention?

C

censi

sorry but there is just no comparison to a rangers and blade masters melee ability

T

Trinilim

in my humble opinion pbt should be removed. Yes it provides people with more protection in groups, and yes getting rid of it would render some class specs useless, but really, it's causing more problems than solutions.

just my 2c

K

kirennia

Originally posted by old.Nol

I could be mistaken, but I don't think any of the primary healers have a quickcast - they got insta heals instead.

If ya gonna quote a piece of it m8, quote the rest of the statement too ;) Read up...it was in the comparison to wizards not because I think clerics should have same damage output as wizards but because the big beef b4 has been people saying 'OMFG?!?! NERF CLERICS!!!1!111!!!! THEY HIT FOR MORE THEN WIZARDS!!!!' which I was merely proving to be false due to other circumstances adding to it.

A

Arnor

wizzies need some help too as all our damage is heat / cold and everyone has these resists capped, but I dont quite know what to suggest yet

hmm, wonder WHY everyone has heat/cold capped, could it be because thats the dmg-type of the wizards that nuke hards as heck?

Only thing good now is that hib light/stun are also heat, so you get a two for one thingy going there ;)

on topic:

I think that sm's need help, especially the summoning line, chanters should have resist-debuffs moved, rm's need better cc than the st-crap-root, skalds needs some fixes, and maybe evade 2(they really have CRAP defense)
The stun on dragonfang should be 5 or 7secs, the stun on frosty gaze(being the followup to the evade style) should be 9secs.
resist-buffs should be made more availble for both mid/alb then it currently is. Mid should get some "uber" ra's like SoS, BoF, BaoD.(not the same, but something new at the same powerlvl)

Oh, and my sm should get god-mode and be uninterruptable ;)

E

eynar

Originally posted by walkerb
hibs: mana chanters with 50%debuff
mids: rc runies with 50%debuff
both of these debuffs are bugged and debuffs for like 74%

while albs needs wiz/sorc assist to get of their debuff
abit zzz
either remove chanter and runie debuff.
or give debuff to some alb nuker for their own base nukes

Don't wizards get both a DD with heat debuff and one with cold debuff in ice spec line?

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by eynar

Don't wizards get both a DD with heat debuff and one with cold debuff in ice spec line?

nope.. they get a cold debuff one in the cold line... 5% or 10% or something fairly minor..

it's not bad...
but it's a low powered nuke by itself.
It used to debuff heat... but that was fixed a few patches ago.

The fire line is DD+AoE DD+ Bolt +Bolt
bolts are broken - fixing them will actually make wizards a fair bit more viable.
(fire gets 2 bolts and a spec DD but no utility whereas void/runecarving get 2 bolts and a baseline DD - however thye get gtaoe in that line, and access to nearsight which basically cripples any bolt caster)

W

-Wedge-

If they would fix bolts, a fire wizard would be somewhat more fearsome... Although all casters suffer from the 50% (and sometimes 70-100%) resists a lot....

And I dont think Eldritchs should be the most powerfull casters, they have too much utility for that... Wizards (definitly Fire wizards) have no utility spells (not compared to Eld's / RM's)... So either give wizards more utility, or give them more damage to compensate for the lack of utility...

As I see it RM > Elds > Wizards...

O

old.chipper

i was always given the impression that eldritches where the top mages in the game simply isnt true

with the advent of SC i think caster dmg needs to be looked at a tank should not do more dmg than a caster and thats how it is atm when u go up against a person fully SC gear on and resist buffs

reduce infils spec points to 2.2 or boost NS SB to 2.5 just dont see the point in them been different as they more or less are exactly the same class with diff names

giv archers some loving when it comes to pve especially scouts mid can get pet ( although its shit granted) and rangers can get buffs and CD scouts get a shield :/

mentalism line needs to be looked at, no one specs it so its useless i dont know what to put in there maybe take the pet line out of light replace that with summat else and put pet into mentalism, the heals are pointless and mezzes are little use when u got 9 sec stun probably the most gimped spec line in the game

fix CD its wank

remove aoe stun from healers maybe pass it to sm or runey

lengthen beserker mode can go ratboy way to quick

make ice wiz more of a viable option they only got 1 pbaoe class and it is very RARELY specced

sure theres pleny more that needs doin thats what i thought of off top of my head

O

old.chipper

oh yeah would be nice if celts could be NS too speccing anything but pierce for our assasins is pointless cos ns and elfs have such low str

oh yeah and some classes got really nice RA while some are complete and utter shite if ya gonna give half the classes uber special RA might as well give everyone uber RA

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by old.chipper

aoe stun for 9secs and then blast em with aoe nukes :clap: :clap:

A

Arnor

they tried this in alb, letting earth wizzies or theurgs have aoe-stun. didnt work then, wont work now.
Having aoestun+aoe-dmg on same class is just plain nasty, especially one with pbaoe

S

skile

Originally posted by ApathyEndymion
Don't attack a target if you think it's going to go horribly wrong then. :p

Also, change resist debuffs back to instant or keep as castable and increase duration.

a.

It was FG vs FG. What should i do? Not shoot? And hunting bow is to shite dmg to even use :), overall. Gonna get my Heavylongbow drawtime under 3 secs tho (with buffs). So my group and solo ability is greatly increased :).

Enchanter = caster? Should be an easy keel.

S

skile

Originally posted by censi
sorry but there is just no comparison to a rangers and blade masters melee ability

Baha. Rangers are getting better with 1.56. Def, scouts are getting worse. We are SOOO much dependant on our slam. And with IP removed I think EVERY assasin will get purge. And FA is nerfed. So what good does IP vs a assasin? ZERO, and our shield blocks very selldom vs assasins.

I faced a inf in duel. Just to see. We decided not to use any stun. I got him down to mayb 65% before I died. And yet, I blocked pretty good. Pumping in riposte endless of times. What good would ip do? Nothing.

I'm range specced tho. Atm 46 lb, 29 slash, 42 shield, 33 stealth. To be changed to 48 lb, 29 slash, 42 shield, 30 stealth. I will try a melee duel against him again when 1.56 hits.

M

Mardukk

Make dr00d str cons buff stackable with champ self str cons buff k.

S

skile

And don't tell me to increase my slash. I aslo faced an Highlander scout (more str, more con), 34-37 or something in slash. Only melee. I won, by close. prob cause of my quickness and dex (222 dex, 174 quick).

Q

Quinn

Spirit Cabby here. What we need most in the Vivification line are pet resists. One on one, my fully buffed sim can whoop the ass of an equal level tank (equal to my lvl, not the sim's). But they're extra-vulnerable to all magic damage and cc, and drop quicker than an Arsenal player in the box if a caster targets them. No-one's ever going to resist-buff them or demezz them, so Spirit Cabby's need to be able to do that themselves.

Anyways, Spiritmasters and Enchanters have pets lines that are just as crap. They all need fixes of some sort.

R

Rollie_David

Originally posted by Quinn
and drop quicker than an Arsenal player in the box if a caster targets them.

hehehheh :D is that actually possible :D

C

censi

Baha. Rangers are getting better with 1.56. Def, scouts are getting worse. We are SOOO much dependant on our slam. And with IP removed I think EVERY assasin will get purge. And FA is nerfed. So what good does IP vs a assasin? ZERO, and our shield blocks very selldom vs assasins.

aye scouts are fecked to... feeble melee ability and if your slam misses you are fecked(and it tends to miss rather a lot)

Generally though (as I have been ranting on about for ages) archers are all faced with the same problem.. PBT... That 20% total hit rate V pbt (encorporating miss and fumble) is a disgrace. Especially when we do hit the damage it considerably less than a standard mage nuke. (average armour factor taken into account)

So basically 1 in 5 shots lands for an average of about 200 damage (sure totally innaccurate but just a crude average)

Compare that to a nerfed nuker pumping in about 350-550 (v a capped resist target too!) a nuke every couple of seconds, and all the other bags of tricks they get.

Archers as they stand now are not a viable PVE, grp RVR, or Solo RVR class???? So why play them???? Well people generally dont.... I put up with all the archer nerfs as I like playing my character. Still like playing my character but when I compare what he can do for an RVR grp against what the other classes do, it forces me to reroll....

So please stop listing all these other classes that need fixing they have nothing to worry about compare to archers. sorry but its a fact.

( i luv a good chance to whine about archers, its my favorite topic)

Users who are viewing this thread