Pending 1.60E, which classes now SERIOUSLY need attention?

E

Envenom2

i think minstrels could do with a damage add like the skalds one

G

Garnet

Increase radium of AE insta mez spells also with longer duration and take out the radius nerf. Also take out group purge, purge, IP and all the other overpowered RAs.

O

old.Filip

* Void eldritches. Their only use is GTAoE and that isn't great either.

much like the earth wizz ..
except the earth wizz got AE root .. eld got Stun

* Mentalism-specced-Mentalists. Heals on a caster.. Wee :/

agree on that 1..

S

StormriderX

Classes that need love

Minor fluffyness for some classes - Bm/Rangers need serious love though.

Nightshades: Their sucky DD's need to be looked at
Enchantment enchanters: :ROFLMAO:
Mentalism Mentalists: :ROFLMAO:
Void Eldritches: This spell line needs boosting imho
Nature Druids: It sucks that even at high spec the best they get is a green con pet
Wardens: They are supposed to be hyrbid of fighter/healer yet are average at both. Damage output is laughable
Bards: As the primary CC class of hibernia it is laughable that their CC are on the same timer's, with insta mezz unwanted. Also suffer from being unable to defend themselves since other realms got end regen too - make all song's chants so bards have something to increase their survivability.
Blademasters: For fucking christ sakes do something about the piece of shit that is the celtic dual line (this applies to the dual wield line in albion for merc's) Oh and make it so there is a advantage to being a blademaster as opposed to pierce/bluntmaster. Please do not give more crappy timered abilities.
Rangers: I feel sorry for these guys.
Champion: Reduce end cost for spells please - LW already burns end faster than you can say OOE, don't need such a big drain on the end bar.

O

old.Sko

IMHO

*Earth thurgs - nukes or dots are needed badly in this line
*Wizards - Hmm... I can think about heat debuf in ice line :)
* Mercs/BMS/Infis/Nightshades/rangers - fix CDW for god's sake
* All assasins - givf bloodfire back :)
* Healers - give something more in aug line, or at least put more time and range on celerity

B

belth

Originally posted by Garnet
Increase radium of AE insta mez spells also with longer duration and take out the radius nerf. Also take out group purge, purge, IP and all the other overpowered RAs.

:bore: Are you serious about the CC? Why not ask for something as stupid as being able to chain-stun and mezz?

N

)nick(

Mentalism should get a lifedrain similar to the one in the dark sm specline. Both alb and mid have lifedrain yet hib do not.

Earth theurgs should get pbae.

Give the cleric the same DD of an air theurg, max it out at 209DD at 45 spec, but at a 3s casttime. This is only fair seeing as a druid has the same single target DOT a menta/cabalist/shaman have. The cleric can't get WP much like the Druid can't get WA.

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
Clerics - I'm not quite sure what needs to be done here, it's tough. The simple answer would be to raise clerics to 1.5x spec points, which would allow for a decent standard in 2 of the lines and a mediocre standard in the 3rd. I'm still stumped though, The smite line needs some serious attention and redesigning.

Hum, if clerics needs more spec points so does druids and also healers or shamans should be giving it. Or, we could give a tank class in mid 3x spec points and a mage class in hib mage 1.5x spec points.

O

old.Filip

stormriderx ... you want the entire Hib to get uber'ed even more ??

tbh thats insane.....

all the archers could use some boost NS could something .. dunno what
maybee allso BM..

but to rest of hib is atm to powerfull in balanced groups

A

alme

Originally posted by Garnet

lol

R

Rollie_David

tbh half the posts here from albs are asking for the alb classes to be made beyond uber, from 1.60 most of your classes will be excellent, asking for crap like 1.5 spec points for a cleric etc etc is plain stupid. Primary healers get 1.0 spec the cleric shouldnt be any different.

S

StormriderX

Originally posted by old.Filip
stormriderx ... you want the entire Hib to get uber'ed even more ??

tbh thats insane.....

all the archers could use some boost NS could something .. dunno what
maybee allso BM..

but to rest of hib is atm to powerfull in balanced groups

Hib mages tend to spec mana with the odd few speccing light - nearly none spec their 'speciality' lines to 50. Yes there are a few void elds knocking about but are there any lvl 50 menta/chanters out there with 50 in mentalism/enchantments? Improving speciality lines would mean a lot less pb mages you whine so much about because it will no longer be the automatic 'best' choice to make. I don't see whats wrong with that.

O

old.Sko

IMHO nothing in hib needs upgrade except celtic dual, and many classes there are due to nerf.

O

old.Filip

I don't see whats wrong with that.

was thinking more of stuff like this

Bards: As the primary CC class of hibernia it is laughable that their CC are on the same timer's, with insta mezz unwanted. Also suffer from being unable to defend themselves since other realms got end regen too - make all song's chants so bards have something to increase their survivability.

Ehhh what defence do sorc's have ??

Wardens: They are supposed to be hyrbid of fighter/healer yet are average at both. Damage output is laughable

ehhh best PBT class in game ? with heals and good armor ..
dam output is bad yes ... but just as good as mine (thrust minser)
and i bet around the pally's dam output..

Champion: Reduce end cost for spells please - LW already burns end faster than you can say OOE, don't need such a big drain on the end bar

ehhhh is there any style at all who is better for a tank than Anihilation ?
(and yes i know LW use lot of end..have a lvl 49 LW hero)

and he got nice instants good for interupting casters..

Nature Druids: It sucks that even at high spec the best they get is a green con pet

ohhhh i shouldnt even start on druids ...

GP .... THE RA in daoc .....

compare druid to clr ? .. druid got 3 spec lines he can use to something .... clr got 2...
a balanced druid got ..

pet (uber for interupting),
root, AE root
Instant root+ AE root
Dot
dam add to self

99% of the clr's today can buff and heal ..

Filip
Herfølge Boldklub

G

Gahldir

Yes, I agree that there isn't much need to look at a BALANCED hib groups specced specclines. But there are hell of a lot other ways to spec. shouldn't they get some loving so they are actually a bit wanted? this goes ofc for all realms.

Tho I agree that insta mezz should be removed from bard in favour for a insta PB-snare or something like that.

O

old.Niljindil

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
With sorceror and minstrel love in 1.60, and various other tweaks all round, what do people now think SERIOUSLY (no minor / bitter replies plz) needs doing in terms of class balancing for their own realm? No suggesions of the sort "make this class uber because X realm has Y uber ability" My thoughts are as follows.

• Archers
  • Earth Theurgists
  • Spirit Cabalists
  • Clerics

Archers - I do feel a tad sorry for these guys, although I must say I'm not sure their plight is quite as severe as some might say. I'd personally like to see archers given the ability to add procs to their arrows to raise their damage output as a compensation for having to deal with bladeturns.

Earth Theurgists - I'm levelling one at the moment and, well, what can I say. Once Parox reaches 50 she'll be shelved and only brought out on special occasions. Earth theurgs have so little to offer in RvR. A pair of air theurgs can offer far superior services, and will be far easier to obtain than a single earther. I'd personally like to see a proc added to earth pets (DD or debuff maybe) to give them a viable use in RvR. At the moment air and ice pets are both far more useful due to their casting/stunning capabilities. I'd also like to see earth theurgs given a castable AE stun - perhaps of a shorter duration than the ones currently found in midgard.

Spirit Cabalists - Much like Earth theurgs, spirit cabbies are a very rare (I don't know a single one) breed. Their line brings tough pets but very little else. Perhaps introduction of some AE debuffs, and an AE root would give this line some viability to compete against body and matter specs.

Clerics - I'm not quite sure what needs to be done here, it's tough. The simple answer would be to raise clerics to 1.5x spec points, which would allow for a decent standard in 2 of the lines and a mediocre standard in the 3rd. I'm still stumped though, The smite line needs some serious attention and redesigning.

additionally : wizzies need some help too as all our damage is heat / cold and everyone has these resists capped, but I dont quite know what to suggest yet :eek:

Would just like to comment about the earth theurg thing. While they are indeed one of the most watered down spec/class combos in the game the earth pets are still very good.

Why? i had a little experience on camlann, let me tell you.

I was gonna suicide, and i asked a passing by theurgist if he could kill me, he said "sorry, dont think i can, youre too high"(i was 50 and he said he was 13). He was speced full wind except for one level below and had 2 earth for bladeturn.

Anyway, he started spamming pets on me after i convinced him to try and kill me(with me sitting down of course). Well, the thing was, his level 12 spec wind pets were hitting me for 20ish damage, but his level 1 earth pets were hitting for 50-60. Now, imagine that guy being level 50 with the 32 pets, and having the no mez/root patch here, dont you think that would be kinda powerful?

Edit: Im NOT saying earth theurgs are fine, quite the opposite, but im just trying to say that the pets will be far far from useless when they become un-mez/rootable.

D

Danya

Archers need something, according to testing they have an average 20% hit rate, that's pretty poor.

hib:
Hib casters need their class specific lines fixing.
CD needs styles fixing.
Bards could do with pbae insta snare/root instead of their AE insta mez.
Change mentalist dots, we are the only class with stacking dots in different lines. Originally this meant we were the only class with stacking dots, however cabbies/sorcs/shaman got stacking dots, meaning we're now left with inferior dots (also cabbie/sorc dots hit slightly harder as well as being stackable, presumably because they didn't stack).

Alb:
Spirit line for cabbies
Earth theurgs
DW needs styles fixing.
Mercs dirty tricks sucks compaired to TW/ratmode.

G

Gahldir

compare druid to clr ? .. druid got 3 spec lines he can use to something .... clr got 2...
a balanced druid got ..

root, AE root
Instant root+ AE root
Dot
dam add to self

Filip
Herfølge Boldklub

You really think a druid with instaroot a good pet and a good dot can also heal and buff?

BoF ring any bell also?

D

[DK]hakke

fix dw and crush speccline...

edit: and Dirty Tricks

S

StormriderX

was thinking more of stuff like this

Ehhh what defence do sorc's have ??

Won't comment on sorcs since I don't know enough about them. The reason bards need love is that they have only 1 form of cc on the same timer (insta and cast) - the other thing is they are the sole source of end regen in the group and are interruptable because they have to play a drum to do it. With a instrument in hand it means a big KILL ME PLEASE sign is sent out to all tanks in area. This also means that they cannot defend them selves bar 1 dd. Compare to other realms end regen which is on a plate wearing tank class that chants, and a castable version of end regen that does not even require the caster to be alive let alone in the same group it is vastly inferior.

ehhh best PBT class in game ? with heals and good armor ..
dam output is bad yes ... but just as good as mine (thrust minser)
and i bet around the pally's dam output..

No comment :p

ehhhh is there any style at all who is better for a tank than Anihilation ?
(and yes i know LW use lot of end..have a lvl 49 LW hero)

and he got nice instants good for interupting casters..

Only DD and snare interrupt, and the issue is with end usage not styles. You have a 9s stun off evade at 50 thrust but that is irrevelant as is bringing annihilation into this.

ohhhh i shouldnt even start on druids ...

a balanced druid got ..

root, AE root
Instant root+ AE root
Dot
dam add to self

Clerics get loving in future patches. Also the spec you posted requires the druid to spec fairly high in nature which means he will have to lower buffs(nurture) or his healing power (regrowth). Also the poster wildfire was asking about class abilities not realm abilities. Do not lose sight of the fact that gp is on a 30 min timer and clerics also get a uber ra in BoF. When you factor in aa chant of mincers in 1.60 it will be a pain in the arse for melee classes not in albion.

Filip
Herfølge Boldklub

O

old.Zoyster

Wizards DEFINATELY need a decent Unique RA !!

P.s. why on earth do people insist on writing so much on 1 reply??
I dont read 90% of BW coz of it:cool:

W

walkerb

hibs: mana chanters with 50%debuff
mids: rc runies with 50%debuff
both of these debuffs are bugged and debuffs for like 74%

while albs needs wiz/sorc assist to get of their debuff
abit zzz
either remove chanter and runie debuff.
or give debuff to some alb nuker for their own base nukes

O

old.Filip

You really think a druid with instaroot a good pet and a good dot can also heal and buff?

nopes hopefully not ... but a useable line like that makes ppl keep playing a char..

Instant Root is at 36. should be able to be good or decent healer depending if the druid want to spec buff's

(special rant ... never understood why mystic put buffs in the game .. there is no fun involved in buff)

i think Bof and GP should be swapped around .... would be a good counter to all the mezz Alb see's and druids would still have a very good RA

B

Belomar

Originally posted by Tyka
To really balance out the classes i think they should add pulsing bladeturn to 1 of the enchanters baselines, so that they dont get so much hurt when they going to pbaoe a crowd while alot of baddies hitting them.
Hehe, funny joke.... :lol: It is a joke, right?

G

Gahldir

Instant Root is at 36. should be able to be good or decent healer depending if the druid want to spec buff's

about as good as a cleric with 34 in smite for the 25 sec pb mezz shout. infact, maybe a lill worse even ;)

O

old.Sepiritz

Speaking of unique RA's, fix juggernaut for cabbies.
14 points for a pet without procs and thats on a timer and hits for like 1 dps more then a sapphire simulacrum (counting procs).. bah.. (stats from diseased's cabalist guide).

A

Aussie-

Re: Classes that need love

Originally posted by stormriderx

Nightshades: Their sucky DD's need to be looked at
True, an extra 100 dmg every x secs sucks ass
Enchantment enchanters: :ROFLMAO:
This spec is only for PvE use, be happy it doesnt contain stuff you really need, or do you want your spell debuffs moved to Ench line like spirit cabs, that would improuve the line heh!
Mentalism Mentalists: :ROFLMAO:
Again, specline contains nothing you really need. tbh i would be happy if i had baseline heal on a caster
Void Eldritches: This spell line needs boosting imho
still better then earth theur, wtf are you whining
Oh yes, forget the insta AE root and Dot :)
dmg output on a supportclass, what's next
oh god, i can't believe what i'm reading, skipped this part from the moment i saw bard
Champion: Reduce end cost for spells please - LW already burns end faster than you can say OOE, don't need such a big drain on the end bar.
yep, boost the best hybrid tank

O

old.Filip

about as good as a cleric with 34 in smite for the 25 sec pb mezz shout. infact, maybe a lill worse even

ohhhh dang i forgot that 25 sec PB mezz shout is very very good..

just as good as the druid nature line.. with the range 1500 area 350 dur 56 sec AE ROOT ..... ya ya .....

Atm Smite spec is not an option.

S

shilak

Re: Re: Pending 1.60E, which classes now SERIOUSLY need attention?

Originally posted by eben

- shammies need 1.5 spec points and NO MORE new spells please...hotbar is cluttered enough. Make their disease (in fact all disease in the game) have a more noticeable effect and make it spoil instas and other uber-heals.

- add some decent items to all three realms. SC is great, but have to make some droppable items rare and uber.

Most of what you said I agree with, but not the above 2. Shammies dont need 1.5 spec points, with 1.0 spec points they can take both aug and cave to good levels which now get them a spot in most groups. Disease halves the effect of all healing spells, including insta-heals, but not IP as far as I am aware. Mend spec could use a little loving on shamans as the friggs arent that useful in RvR due to the 14s combat pulse on them.

In SI there is an epic zone which drops items which include procs and stats which arent possible with SC/Alchemy, I believe the armour drops also use the same gfx as the epic armours for each class.

Users who are viewing this thread