Paris shootings

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
France is getting to be a scary place to live these days....

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's the natural consequence of the west's ill-advised wars of aggression...

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
As opposed to sitting back and watch ISIL kill thousands, mainly muslims...

Damned if you , damned if you don't. It's purely about power and using religion on weak minded illiterates to further their own idiotic cause. Much like the Cadillac's in the middles ages. :)

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Jesus, they look pretty cool about it all. It's just going to create more reactionary responses isn't it.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Jesus, they look pretty cool about it all. It's just going to create more reactionary responses isn't it.
I was thinking that, they don't look like your standard home grown terrorists, they look too well trained, AKs are notoriously hard to aim.

Frankly, if it was directly from Boko Haram, then I'd imagine that this will reinforce tighter immigration, since imagine they had to cover over from Africa.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
As opposed to sitting back and watch ISIL kill thousands, mainly muslims...

ISIL could only do what they've done because of our totally illegal war against Saddam Hussein under false pretences.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
lol @ u guyz.

This has nothing to do with the Middle East, it's to do with Africa..

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Sooner or later I can see Islam being outlawed in countries entirely, that'll cause riots and all sorts. I get that it's not the religion itself, its the sick fuckers that twist it to their own perverse little version to 'Justify' actions like this, that won't matter though because when the parties against such things start using all these attacks as ammo to win elections etc they can kiss their religion good bye... then there will be violence all over the shop.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
This has nothing to do with the Middle East, it's to do with Africa..

It's to do with muslims feeling like victims of western aggression and therefore tooling themselves up to fight back.

I get that it's not the religion itself, its the sick fuckers that twist it to their own perverse little version to 'Justify' actions like this

Nah, despite what the media says to keep us plebs from beating the muslims up - it's the religion itself - encouraging jihad.

But then, that's one of the basic reasons for organised religion tbh.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
ISIL could only do what they've done because of our totally illegal war against Saddam Hussein under false pretences.

You can go all the way back to the crusades to find the reasons for the hatred by a minority of misinformed idiots. Agree regards Gulf War but they could hardly sit back and watch him take Kuwait which was an ally to both UK and US without repercussions. Once that happened action was inevitable. Then they were left with the whole mess of Iraq being too weak to stand against Iran.

None of this is simple and the Middle East is far more complex than most realise. Iran is involved in everything bad that goes on here in Saudi, Bahrain and Qatar.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It's to do with muslims feeling like victims of western aggression and therefore tooling themselves up to fight back.

Nah, despite what the media says to keep us plebs from beating the muslims up - it's the religion itself - encouraging jihad.

But then, that's one of the basic reasons for organised religion tbh.

Either way, it won't take much to push France over the edge, they're already quite racist to start with, France wouldn't think twice about banning a shitty religion. Cunts like this will just continue to breed and hide in Islamic communities, go to the root and get rid of the problem.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Erm, sorry to burst your bubble Comrade, but France weren't involved in the Iraq war - in fact they were pretty damned opposed to it (they'd probably get their white flags dusty). So why terrorists would taking revenge on them for something they were opposed to I have no idea.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Erm, sorry to burst your bubble Comrade, but France weren't involved in the Iraq war - in fact they were pretty damned opposed to it (they'd probably get their white flags dusty). So why terrorists would taking revenge on them for something they were opposed to I have no idea.

It wasn't for Iraq, its because the news paper printed a comic with Muhammed in, they couldn't take the joke and this is what it lead to, at least to my understanding that's why they felt 12 people had to die, because of a comic about a fictional character.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You can go all the way back to the crusades to find the reasons for the hatred by a minority of misinformed idiots. Agree regards Gulf War but they could hardly sit back and watch him take Kuwait which was an ally to both UK and US without repercussions.

The crusades are so far removed they don't have a bearing. The current crisis started in earnest with the first gulf war. Even then - there was no need to go in again to remove Saddam - he'd been defeated and was no terrorist threat. That was purely a war of greed.

In the wider context you then have Afghanistan, and continued western support of an abhorrent terrorist state in Israel amongst other muslim-bashing.

If you make good people feel marginalised you turn them into bad people. And some of them go very bad indeed.

These problems are clearly of our own making. If we'd conducted ourselves better then we wouldn't be facing problems of this nature. But then, that was said at the time, and has been said all the way through - but the rich folks who stood to gain from the wars and current problems ain't under threat, so it doesn't matter...

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Either way, it won't take much to push France over the edge, they're already quite racist to start with, France wouldn't think twice about banning a shitty religion. Cunts like this will just continue to breed and hide in Islamic communities, go to the root and get rid of the problem.

This endless ongoing engagement isn't about religion imo. It wasn't 2000 years ago, it wasn't during the crusades and it isn't now. Those who do think that need to wake up. Religion is just an easy weapon/power to use to settle their own minds / create acceptance from their 'allies' and try to gain more strength.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The crusades are so far removed they don't have a bearing. The current crisis started in earnest with the first gulf war. Even then - there was no need to go in again to remove Saddam - he'd been defeated and was no terrorist threat. That was purely a war of greed.

In the wider context you then have Afghanistan, and continued western support of an abhorrent terrorist state in Israel amongst other muslim-bashing.

If you make good people feel marginalised you turn them into bad people. And some of them go very bad indeed.

These problems are clearly of our own making. If we'd conducted ourselves better then we wouldn't be facing problems of this nature. But then, that was said at the time, and has been said all the way through - but the rich folks who stood to gain from the wars and current problems ain't under threat, so it doesn't matter...

Blah blah blah, what's that got to do with the public? I didn't go to war with anyone, neither did the people murdered today. No matter how you spin it to suit your detached grasp on reality this was a terrorist attack against people who have absolutely nothing at all to do with the illegal war(s) Especially the French because they were and are largely against it. It isn't even the people who voted in whichever party pulled the trigger, even if the mighty greens were in power we would have still gone to war.

All they had done is publish a cartoon (probably a bad one mind but still just a picture) which some mentally ill people took offence to.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
So comrade scouse disagrees then. So, are you a viable target for being shot by lunatics? Because the the UK government went to war?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I didn't go to war with anyone

But "the west" did.

Muslims feel victimised and marginalised. And rightly so - because they are. So they're fighting back - and when you fight back you look for a target. This magazine set itself up as a target because of it's depictions of big bad mo - depictions I support - and in their twisted religious minds that made them morally justified.

And the thing about moral justification and violence? It's people who think they're being moral who are the most violent.

I.E. When their religion absolves them of their crimes, and tells them they're acting in a moral manner (i.e. defending allah against attack from infidels), then violence happens.

As long as the nebulous "west" victimises muslims, and is seen to be vicimising them, whether via war or the media or whatever, then this is going to happen...

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Seriously? Not the natural result of a stupid religion that can't allow itself to be mocked?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Seriously? Not the natural result of a stupid religion that can't allow itself to be mocked?

In the context of a single act I've already agreed with this. But the context of increased muslim "extremism" (which I've always argued isn't extremism, just a natural extension of their religion) then this is just a single instance in a wider number of incidents, occuring more often because of what I've said above.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
But it is still an unjustifiable act, in the same way turning the entire region to glass is unjustifiable. We are not our governments, our governments are run to suit private individuals when it comes to things that matter, wars, trade agreements, sanctions etc. the only way that will change is by revolution, no matter which party is in charge, nothing will actually change that matters.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
But it is still an unjustifiable act, in the same way turning the entire region to glass is unjustifiable.
In the context of their religion it's totally justifiable. And since the religious owe their highest level of devotion to the teachings of their gods and prophets first, their families and friends second, and their governments third, then it's hardly surprising that when the religious feel their god is under attack they feel morally justified in defending it.

I think it's batshit. But then you know exactly how I feel about religion and what it justifies in the minds of otherwise normal humans.

That article above is a good read if you've got access btw Raven. :)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Oh of course it's all our fault that some nutters took offence to a cartoon and decided to kill 12 innocent people. We should just let the Alan's Snackbar nutters roam free and kill us all, after all, it's no more than we deserve.

God you don't half talk a load of shit Scouse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom