Advice Organic

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If you want health benefits you'll get way way more results simply eating a better balance of food types than going "organic". Eat more carrots, eat fewer chips etc etc. It's not rocket science.

True. But if you want health benefits, measurably better taste and a lower pesticide intake and don't mind spending extra, go organic.

Or eat what you want and roll the dice

I much prefer eating healthy freshly made food with good ingredients than pizzas, takeaways and shit all the time.

The extra faff is worth it in a multitude of different ways. And it's not much faff.

Short term you feel way better and can do more, have a clearer mind and get more poon tang. What is not to like about being healthier???

This.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Pizzas aren't necessarily unhealthy fyi.

The point was though; if you don't like eating X, would you eat X daily just because they say it's the "right thing to eat"?

I prefer enjoyment of life over X amount of health benefits from doing something i don't enjoy.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Pizzas aren't necessarily unhealthy fyi.

True but if you're really honest with yourself, when was the last time you had a genuinely healthy pizza? Without making them yourself, this is pretty hard. Pizza Express do some but that's because they cut the middle out the pizza and fill it with salad. @pizzaexpress - ITS NOT A FUCKING PIZZA!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
True but if you're really honest with yourself, when was the last time you had a genuinely healthy pizza?

I read his comment last night and was coming here to post just that. There's no such thing as a "healthy" pizza that doesn't taste like shit IMO. I think that's one of those things that the media put out there to say "look - you don't have to give up your unhealthy food that you love. You can still have it and eat healthily".

No. No you can't...Lardarse :)

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Ill name a few unhealthy things to eat
Arsenic
Plutonium
Ebola infected meat
Feaces

If it isnt poisonous or radioactive then munch away...body doesnt care.
The calories can be a problem if you are getting fat..but eating pure lard and crisps will not give you heart disease...its in your genes.

Job

I understand peoples attitudes to percieved unhealthy foods...but in just 60 years we have turned full circle on food and health...50s eggs and butter...good....90s..eggs and butter bad...2014...eggs and butter good after all.
Its YOU not the food you eat.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
True but if you're really honest with yourself, when was the last time you had a genuinely healthy pizza? Without making them yourself, this is pretty hard. Pizza Express do some but that's because they cut the middle out the pizza and fill it with salad. @pizzaexpress - ITS NOT A FUCKING PIZZA!

Honestly i always make my pizza(unless someone else buys it), cheaper and better tasting. I'm too cheap to pay 10€ for a delivered pizza :p

There's no such thing as a "healthy" pizza that doesn't taste like shit IMO.

No. No you can't...Lardarse :)

Yeah there is and your lardarsiness doesn't mean everyone. If you eat 2 of them a day then yeah, you have a problem, otherwise it's no different then eating a regular sandwich.

Same as with burgers and any other stuff. Sure there's unhealthy fast food, but when made yourself it's a 100% as "healthy" as some saladcup with organic flanderanders topping.

But i'll repeat the question which everyone avoids;

Would you force yourself to eat food that you think tastes like sh*t just because it's healthy for you?

PS; loved the media strawman.

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Would you force yourself to eat food that you think tastes like sh*t just because it's healthy for you?

Used to absolutely detest fish. The smell, the look, the feel, the texture, the fact that it's fiddly with all the bones, the skin and, of course, the taste. Forced myself to eat it. Now love it. Love it.

Your tastes can be changed rather easily. 3 or 4 weeks of manning up and your body adjusts to a different diet - I presume because of our nomadic past moving from one area to another it'd be pretty shitty psychologically if we couldn't find anything to eat that we actually enjoyed. So our body allows us to change our tastes.

Parents do it with kids who dodge vegetables all the time. You make sure they clean their plate of vegetables or there's no way they're getting pudding.

As for your pizza - two in a day thing. That's because it's not healthy m8. If you can't live on that food repeatedly it's a pretty big pointer to it not being good for you. There's loads of healthy and very tasty food you could live on for months on end if you had to - and it'd do you no harm whatsoever. That's what healthy food is. Not fucking pizza.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Won't even bother, facepalm is enough. F*cking carrots are bad for you if you JUST eat them. No one was talking about living off pizza alone...

But hey, nothing tastes better on a hangover sunday then a salad :p

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Won't even bother, facepalm is enough. F*cking carrots are bad for you if you JUST eat them. No one was talking about living off pizza alone...

But hey, nothing tastes better on a hangover sunday then a salad :p

I'm fairly certain Scouse didn't mean only eat one type of healthy food. I took it as meaning there are lots of healthy foods that you can eat and you'd be fine. Eating two takeaway pizzas a day for 3 months is going to have serious health implications, where as eating two salads a day for 3 months isn't going to have the same negative effects on your body.

I'm in the process of trying to change my diet, I really struggle with food as I don't tend to get hungry till around midday. I know I should eat a breakfast, but I just can't eat in the mornings. because of my habits, I find myself having to get food now, which means something quick and not necessarily healthy. I'm rather active outside of work so my weight which is at 13 stone (I'm 6 foot tall) isn't the issue, I just want to be putting less crap into my body! If anyone has any tips I'm all ears :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'm fairly certain Scouse didn't mean only eat one type of healthy food. I took it as meaning there are lots of healthy foods that you can eat and you'd be fine. Eating two takeaway pizzas a day for 3 months is going to have serious health implications, where as eating two salads a day for 3 months isn't going to have the same negative effects on your body.

Yeah, he took my "2 pizzas a day is unhealthy for you" as me saying "eating 2 pizzas a day is fine" :p

He just seems to think that not eating healthy means donuts, takeaway and beer when for example i don't eat "healthy", i eat what i need, but when i do i don't go over charts and think about everything yet it doesn't mean i'm eating unhealthy.

I'd argue though that eating 2 salads a day for 3 months isn't exactly healthy either.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
F*cking carrots are bad for you if you JUST eat them.

Which would be retarded if you did. Massively unhealthy. But you could eat a single balanced healthy meal ad-infinitum. You'd get bored, yes. But you could do it.

But it's massively unlikely that you thought I was saying that in the first place. You're just talking shit now, as usual.

This. Exactly this.

What did I say that was technically incorrect?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
As for your pizza - two in a day thing. That's because it's not healthy m8. If you can't live on that food repeatedly it's a pretty big pointer to it not being good for you.

That's pretty clear, as in "can't live on that food repeatedly". What else does it mean hmm? Not just pizza, as in not repeatedly with other stuff mixed in?

Oh gee. Your whole pizza argument fails completely when it's said that a slice of bread with tomato, cheese and ham isn't unhealthy for you.

You took my comment on two pizzas a day not being healthy for you as some kind of two pizzas a day is fine.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I didn't read it. Its much like white noise when you and Toht start.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I didn't read it. Its much like white noise when you and Toht start.

You're the worse kind of people though. Just pop in, say a basic tohtscouse line and off you go. Even more pointless.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That's pretty clear, as in "can't live on that food repeatedly". What else does it mean hmm?

You were talking about "healthy pizzas" - and said that "you couldn't eat two in a day" - and I pointed out that's because they're unhealthy.

If you'd just concede that point and see the conversation in that context (the original context) we'd be fine and @Raven would be happy...

But you won't, you'll wriggle and change your argument as usual. So back to not replying to you it is...

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I think the main unhealthiness with pizza is the take away habit of adding grease and salt plus the cheese, take that away and its just a hot sandwich!

But only crazy Frenches eat pizza with no cheese!

Never had organic pizza though so wouldn't know if it tastes better

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Toht moaning about trollers.

Not moaning, just pointing out.

You were talking about "healthy pizzas" - and said that "you couldn't eat two in a day" - and I pointed out that's because they're unhealthy.

Because eating two pizzas a day is way too much food. Has nothing to do with it being "unhealthy".

I think the main unhealthiness with pizza is the take away habit of adding grease and salt plus the cheese, take that away and its just a hot sandwich!

Yeah that's the problem, people thinking that pizza&burgers means maccyD and dominos.

Job

I'd love to know how two pizzas a day for a month could have 'serious health implications', that amount of fat, carbs, sugars and various plant toppings is perfect for the body and our ancestors would have been delighted at such a diet, it would have led to much stronger, healthier people..
This morning on breakfast tv some cook came out and said 'most people won't believe this, but you can have healthy fish and chips'..that's how fucking ignorantly conditioned we are to the myth of 'healthiness'.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
All food is good for you when balanced, except processed crap, like that reclaimed "meat" they put in cheap burgers.

If all you ate was pizza you would feel like shit fairly quickly.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
With ketchup I see. Undisputed winner.

I'm sorry but why would you corrupt a perfectly good bacon sarnie with anything vegetable related. Bacon, mustard, some kind of bread to hold it together and if you want to get posh add a fried egg - ideally still with a runny yoke. Job done.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'm sorry but why would you corrupt a perfectly good bacon sarnie with anything vegetable related. Bacon, mustard, some kind of bread to hold it together and if you want to get posh add a fried egg - ideally still with a runny yoke. Job done.

Ofcourse first you dip the breads in the fat that was left behind by the bacon making right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom