Open beta

Aada

Part of the furniture
europeans probs wont be able to play anyway :eek:

izikiel

Fledgling Freddie
good that its open beta so the WOW will crush everything posts come to an end :)

when people realize its a mediocre and easy game the posts will die down... and its about time :)

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
izikiel said:
good that its open beta so the WOW will crush everything posts come to an end :)

when people realize its a mediocre and easy game the posts will die down... and its about time :)

Mediocre compared to what?

And it being easy get into I don't see as a problem. Easy to learn, harder to master.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Esena said:
noone will though ;)

just find some fake adress :p
Won't have to, I'll just proxy through some friends computer and use their address. (with their permission, ofc :p)

izikiel

Fledgling Freddie
its so easy that my 11 year old cousin can play without any help at all and shes never played mmorpgs got to lvl 8 in like 1 hour.. I got tired after playing one evening and hitting 14. the graphics are not that good. Not compared to everquest 2. Low polygon count and everything. It feels more like a platform/console game. I dont see any longevity in this. And no way in hell im going to play another game that has localized servers in europe with patches that lag behind the US ones just cause of translation issues. There wasnt any "magic". I felt no urge at all to explore more or to gain the next level. Nothing zip nada. Every other mmorpg ive tested at least had me hooked for a week or a few days.. but this.. after 1 evening... sigh. So hopefully there wont be as many WOW will pwn everything posts, that or most of the mmorpg crowd today are in their early teens or younger.. and then ill just have to learn to live with it

Tua

Fledgling Freddie
izikiel said:
its so easy that my 11 year old cousin can play without any help at all and shes never played mmorpgs got to lvl 8 in like 1 hour.. I got tired after playing one evening and hitting 14. the graphics are not that good. Not compared to everquest 2. Low polygon count and everything. It feels more like a platform/console game. I dont see any longevity in this. And no way in hell im going to play another game that has localized servers in europe with patches that lag behind the US ones just cause of translation issues. There wasnt any "magic". I felt no urge at all to explore more or to gain the next level. Nothing zip nada. Every other mmorpg ive tested at least had me hooked for a week or a few days.. but this.. after 1 evening... sigh. So hopefully there wont be as many WOW will pwn everything posts, that or most of the mmorpg crowd today are in their early teens or younger.. and then ill just have to learn to live with it

Well, arent i pleased to see people like this getting into beta..

Complaining about the graphics.. well, this game is not supposed to be as pvp free as the bore which is eq, and they anticipate alot of people playing pve on their servers, and therefore they decided (design decicion) to hold back on this part of their game, to allow the game to run smoother on older computers and in situation with many people crowded in one place.

second of all, European/uk versions will not be patched any slower (according to Blizzards plan) than the americans, due to the fact that they have their own department in europe, instead of having another company do their work in europe.

oh, and judging from posts on the few community forums around, it seems that even if YOU lack interest in exploring the areas, theres quite a few people who would disagree with you rather much.. and even if i have not yet seen the game for myself, i would put my voice in their favour.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
izikiel said:
Not compared to everquest 2.
This alone makes me disregard your entire post.

You are ofcourse entitled to your opinion, but spewing it in here won't help you in any way, unless you're seeking warmth from flaming.

Teenager? Left that label about half a decade and a university degree ago. The only one acting childish around here is you, sir. (boy?)

Farewell, you won't be missed.

izikiel

Fledgling Freddie
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions of course. And it is pretty funny to read all these DieHardfans of wow coming here trying to defend the illusion that wow will crush all other games and whatnot. If the game had more fun/challenge value for me I would not have cared about the graphics. But as it is now with not that much challenge/fun value graphics is an issue. If you are a casual player, that doesnt want to spend alot of time learning a game and the challenges, but just want something semi-fun and easy to play.. wow fits you well!

izikiel

Fledgling Freddie
Oh and everquest2 runs smooth on my 1.5ghz amd with geforce3 card and 512mb ram on low settings and its still alot better graphics then wow has on high settings on 1600x1200 on my main comp, even in cities with alot of other players. But if youre a diehard fan of blizzard or the warcraft world. Then why not I guess.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I have to admit getting into the EU closed beta myself the game is abit too easy on all fronts..

lvling? its incredibly easy and needs to be abit harder.. not by daocs standards abit easier then that but harder then it is.. im almost lvl 35 now and thats been a week..

very rare in daoc that in the first week there was a lvl 35..

However the game is gorgeous to look at in my opinion dispite the low poly counts..

Quests? love them you can lvl up jus doing quests and theres a nice story behind each quest..

overall so far? i can see myself playing this game for well over a year..

EQ? pile of SOE shat

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
izikiel said:
Oh and everquest2 runs smooth on my 1.5ghz amd with geforce3 card and 512mb ram on low settings and its still alot better graphics then wow has on high settings on 1600x1200 on my main comp, even in cities with alot of other players. But if youre a diehard fan of blizzard or the warcraft world. Then why not I guess.
Here, I found a home for you:
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97

izikiel

Fledgling Freddie
just because I compare eq2 and wow you send me to the eq2 forum? Thats like me sending you to the kindergarden or flame forum?! I post here since its concerning wow. Just because I have something bad to say about your little child WoW you must bash me? For criticizing wow? I see that the maturity level here is not that high. But anyways I have played both eq2 and wow and as it is now, I won't play any of them due to various issues. Good luck and have fun in wichever you choose though. And as I said earlier, graphics wouldnt have been a problem if the gameplay offered more.

izikiel

Fledgling Freddie
eq2 and wow graphics thing was in direct reply to the. Wow has easier on the hardware graphics, just to let more people play their product. Cater to alot more players. But as with eq1 SOE/verant whatnot has made their product more harsch on the hardware. To make it last longer. None of those choices are really the best/worst tbh...

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Oddly enough, I haven't seen a single diehard WoW fan in this forum.... but there're lots of fanatical anti-Blizzard posters trying to convince everyone WoW sucks :p

Predictably, anyone who disagrees with them is immature and unable to grasp the concept of true gaming.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
izikiel said:
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions of course. And it is pretty funny to read all these DieHardfans of wow coming here trying to defend the illusion that wow will crush all other games and whatnot. If the game had more fun/challenge value for me I would not have cared about the graphics. But as it is now with not that much challenge/fun value graphics is an issue. If you are a casual player, that doesnt want to spend alot of time learning a game and the challenges, but just want something semi-fun and easy to play.. wow fits you well!

and for how long did you play it? what's your lvl? have you tried the lvl 60+ dungeons and zones? have you been into full scale pvp? dont think you can say that the game has nothing got offer unless you've tried it all :/
(anyway, jimthegreat is a 9 year old english kid, so just coz you 11 year old neice can play it, who cares?)

izikiel

Fledgling Freddie
Escape said:
Oddly enough, I haven't seen a single diehard WoW fan in this forum.... but there're lots of fanatical anti-Blizzard posters trying to convince everyone WoW sucks :p

Predictably, anyone who disagrees with them is immature and unable to grasp the concept of true gaming.

And anyone who disagrees with the wow/blizzard fans are immature and unable to grasp the concept of true gaming!

o_O

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Trolling in order to try and start a flame war is rather pathetic.

If you have any constructive, objective statements against WoW, feel free to post them. Valid points might help people that are unsure wether they want to play WoW or not in their decision. Keep in mind though that you haven't provided any such material as of yet.

Forum trolling isn't constructive.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
I would also like to point out the following section of the Code of Conduct that is in effect here on Freddyshouse:

"if you use the forums to wage virtual war you aren't just a very sad individual who probably likes to bash the bishop to streaming goat pr0n but you will also not be welcome here. "

Starting a flame war between WoW and EQ2 would fall into that section. And furthermore; we aren't interested in such a war. If you want to play EQ2, fine - do it.

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
The fanboi is strong in this one, lets get down the brass taxt.

You say leveling is to easy, first off of corse it is, the level is made to take away the grind, please go play something like ffxi and enjoy the grind.

Quest were place in WoW to take away the grind, to make leveling fun, but its not easy by any means, please go try a instance dungeon, there is one for level 20's in stormwind city.

Graphics, i found that they are amazing, every area is unique, the art direction is superb, have you been in a large scale pvp yet? about 50 people each side, but you can still play, your fps does not go to -50, please go to EQ2 and try that.

Anutherthing if EQ2 is so godly, hey a shop *loading* a big field *loading*, WoW only loads for dungeons and instances.

Anyways, to say its to easy is a pathetic argument.

Yes i would say am a WoW fanboi, but with the trash you talking about it, i had to jump in.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Deacan i wasnt complaining too much about WOW i just said lvling needs to be made harder fuckin asshole

maybe read what i said instead of going into flame mode?

main thing to point out is its an opinion u mong

kspvrov

Fledgling Freddie
if you want to judge an unfinished game after 14 levels and a nights play, no pvp and no other countless things that im 100% sure you did not experience, by all means.

have fun in eq2.

you wont be missed.

Moona

Fledgling Freddie
the only peeps who whines about WoW are:
- DAocers

Go play the grind and o the wtfpwnd nerfed me again Dark age of Crapelot

kthx bye :kissit:

Aada

Part of the furniture
I love WOW just said the lvling is abit to easy.. retard

Users who are viewing this thread