BC beta impressions

Aada

Part of the furniture
Well got my invite the day the beta went live and ive been playing now for a couple of days (not too much as i don't want to spoil it too much for myself.)

Its just what the game needed tbh it feels nice and fresh and there are alot of quests to do in the starter area and from what the GMS/devs have been telling us in game is that you can lvl up to around 20 just in the new zone.

I have only had a few runs with the BE as i do not want to spoil that side of the content for myself.

However i have been to the Outlands and there are TONS of quests to do each so far has given a nice sum of gold and the odd item.

The flying mounts are very cool and feel smooth to fly and take off/land etc i advise against jumping off mid flight because i have died already a few times.

All in all for players like myself who haven't played much of wow for the past 6 months or so this is what i needed to get back into the game :) And for the players who are still playing this is probably what you guys want too. I guess if you have spent the best part of this year farming the zomg uber items it sort of sucks ;/

I have never ever been on a MC raid myself as i do not enjoy spending 2 hours of my time just so i can come out with nothing at the end, i am more of a 5man instance player and i know BC adds alot for these type of players.

However my girlfriend is the opposite and enjoys the big raids and from what she has done so far she has enjoyed that side of the game also

Aada

Part of the furniture
Tilda said:
and is RvR decent yet? :p

Haven't had any pvp yet :)

I assume its just the same though but yeah i do miss DAOC pvp but i can't get back into that game.

Gray

FH is my second home
I cant wait to actually play this game, i hope its coming out in the next few weeks so i can get my mitts on it wanted to play it since i heard of it.

I havent been given a BETA Key [Gutted about that, was checking my emails for important information] so i guess i'll have to wait. On my main level 60, a recently specc'd protection because my guild is slowly starting to work through Naxx now, however i dont like it - so i wanna go back to Fury.

Im hoping Blizzard release the release date for it soon, because if not im gonna respec next week [But i don wanna waste gold :p].

Looking at the pics from a guy called Anvil Beard on the official WoW forums, it says theres a big battle as soon as you enter the Dark Portal with demon's et al - im just hoping because im on a PvP server, that no one decides to use huge raids to gank and mess around.

Heres to hoping

Aada

Part of the furniture
Gray said:
I cant wait to actually play this game, i hope its coming out in the next few weeks so i can get my mitts on it wanted to play it since i heard of it.

I havent been given a BETA Key [Gutted about that, was checking my emails for important information] so i guess i'll have to wait. On my main level 60, a recently specc'd protection because my guild is slowly starting to work through Naxx now, however i dont like it - so i wanna go back to Fury.

Im hoping Blizzard release the release date for it soon, because if not im gonna respec next week [But i don wanna waste gold :p].

Looking at the pics from a guy called Anvil Beard on the official WoW forums, it says theres a big battle as soon as you enter the Dark Portal with demon's et al - im just hoping because im on a PvP server, that no one decides to use huge raids to gank and mess around.

Heres to hoping

Thats correct i didn't want to spoil it for anyone but the battle when you go through DP is awsome :) i died but it was fun lol.

PS yes i am on a PVP server and i have been killed but that is part of a PVP server.

Think of it like Slithus when it first opened only much bigger :)

Me and my GF have ordered 2 collectors editions from Gameplay and we can't wait to start up on release day.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Short update.

If you have a 60 Warlock like myself you will be pleased to know that the patch is a great buff for us :) the new pet is awsome it has nice DPS and is a great solo pet.

Its armour is a little weak but the devs are still tweaking everything so far and everyone is pretty sure its defence will get boosted.

Overall so far im sure most if not every Lock will be happy with the boost they get :)

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
I wish BC would hurry up, as I want to start a fresh.

Anyone else plan to start a new on Warcraft when BC rolls in?

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
http://bcspy.bc.funpic.de/index.php?categoryid=32
Nagrand

If anyone has ever said WoW has no outdoor PvP, this zone will prove them wrong. The designer of this zone put careful thought and programming into this world PvP element. For everyone who complained on the forums before about a controllable city, this is your chance to shine. Halaa is a city located on an island in the center of the zone, with four rope bridges at each corner connecting it to the mainland. Players will want to fight over this for a few reasons. First, players in the zone on the faction that control the city gain a buff that increases damage done by 5%. Second, there is a pair of NPCs that you can exchange tokens gained by killing people, and dust you gain by slaying mobs in the zone.

Assaulting this city has been so well designed that even if you don’t like Player vs. Player combat, this is something that people will be flocking to. At the mainland end of each rope bridge, there are wyvern posts that you can construct if the other faction controls the city. These wyvern posts when activated place 10 fire bombs in your inventory and mount you on a wyvern that is automatically flown above and around the city like a flight path. These fire bombs can be used and targeting like grenades. They each do 1000 points of fire damage, and place a DoT on the target that burns for 1% of their hit points per second.

Now, this may not seem that useful against players, because 1% of even a 10,000 hit point tank is only 100 hp per second. The guards on this island have over 200,000 hit points, so well placed bombs and coordinated strikes can take down this city quickly. After every guard is dead, it is a rush to the center of the town where a flag is located. If every guard is killed they do not respawn so the assaulting team will not have to worry about fighting npcs at this point. The flag is controlled like the PvP objectives in the other zones, standing near it with more people than the other faction will start to shift control to your side. After filling the bar on the ui element for your faction, guards and npcs will respawn and your faction takes control of the city.

Gray

FH is my second home
Aada said:
Thats correct i didn't want to spoil it for anyone but the battle when you go through DP is awsome :) i died but it was fun lol.

PS yes i am on a PVP server and i have been killed but that is part of a PVP server.

Think of it like Slithus when it first opened only much bigger :)

Me and my GF have ordered 2 collectors editions from Gameplay and we can't wait to start up on release day.

Ive just gone for the bogstandard one, according to the WoW forums the Collectors Edition seems to be like golddust at the moment.

Im sure i read somewhere about the entering of the Dark Portal, that the area youre in youre non-hostile to the opposite faction. If it was like the Silithus event on my old server god help us, hundreds of people on the screen at once AoE'ing.

The new server im on [Tarren Mill] seems to be filled with many PvE oriented guilds, but also some PvP guilds... I can see it being quite a struggle for the server once people start zoning in no doubt.

Giv release date plxplx!

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
Aada said:
posts a load of bollox as usual...
All in all for players like myself who haven't played much of wow for the past 6 months or so this is what i needed to get back into the game And for the players who are still playing this is probably what you guys want too. I guess if you have spent the best part of this year farming the zomg uber items it sort of sucks ;/

Then wtf are you doing with a beta key, give it to someone who gives a fuck, i'm fed up with you posting crap about shit you don't play so cease and desist posting crap. I'm not the only one that thinks this either.

this is what i needed to get back into the game
Bullshit you'll be slagging it off after 2 weeks into BC, so does us all a favour and fuck off with your 'opinion/review'

I have never ever been on a MC raid myself as i do not enjoy spending 2 hours of my time just so i can come out with nothing at the end, i am more of a 5man instance player and i know BC adds alot for these type of players.

And that's exactly why you aren't qualified to review shit

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Gat_Decor said:
blablabla not qualified to review

geez, calm down. He wasn't writing a review, just giving his opinion about the game. Just ignore him instead of posting such childish crap tbh. There's no need to get hostile all out of sudden.

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Gat_Decor said:
Then wtf are you doing with a beta key, give it to someone who gives a fuck, i'm fed up with you posting crap about shit you don't play so cease and desist posting crap. I'm not the only one that thinks this either.

Bullshit you'll be slagging it off after 2 weeks into BC, so does us all a favour and fuck off with your 'opinion/review'

someone is jelaous? :D

~Latency~

Can't get enough of FH
Teee heee. Kinda funny how at lvl 63-65 you get better blue drops than the dorks who spent tons of hours a week grinding the same place have bahaha :D

Hope the new pvp system works ok without decay etc would be good!

...........and he got a beta key, so what, you don't need UBAR raiding experience to test TBC... his opinion is valid, if it's how he says (no reason to think otherwise) then it sounds a great expansion for those who havn't played for a while.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
Blizzard Entertainment today announced that the release date for World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade, the highly anticipated expansion for World of Warcraft, will be in January 2007.

Link here

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Ah well, give's me a chance to play Gears of War and Rainbow Six - Vegas.

Just a shame it won't be out for the chrismas holidays.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Gat_Decor said:

Hey retard read my post again and look around for anything that says review or looks like one.

You sound like one of the kids on the wow forum who sent Blizzard a bitchy email crying because you didn't get a key.

I've never slagged wow off so fuck off you crying/moaning pile of shit.

You dirty filthy fucking yank.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Deacan said:
Ah well, give's me a chance to play Gears of War and Rainbow Six - Vegas.

Just a shame it won't be out for the chrismas holidays.

That was exactly my thoughts when i read that this morning :)

Because i was actually planning on cancelling my GOW preorder because if BC came out i wouldn't play GOW much ;/

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Aada said:
Hey retard read my post again and look around for anything that says review or looks like one.

You sound like one of the kids on the wow forum who sent Blizzard a bitchy email crying because you didn't get a key.

I've never slagged wow off so fuck off you crying/moaning pile of shit.

You dirty filthy fucking yank.

Have a bit of flame fun if you must, but what the fuck is this 'dirty filthy fucking yank' shit you are dribbling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom