Open Beta Download Available!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
You keeping that tracker just for FH users Deebs? If so I'll kill my output to the GOA tracker and switch over.

Anyone can connect to it but the more seeds the better. Gonna add my 100mb seeder to it in a mo.

Lang

Fledgling Freddie
Awesome, the goa one didnt work at all for me. DL'ing at 1.6MB/sec from this one

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Ahh, thank god for that torrent. That gay goa torrent program totally fucked up my connection. It died totally, while downloading with 2kbs... :twak:

Now its doing 350Kbs, and i can still surf just fine! :D Thank youuuuu! :wub:

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the torrent, the GOA one just bottlenecks my upload and crashes my router after about 2 hours.

I'll let the torrent seed for a few nights once am downloaded.

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
i completed my download from the goa downloader but without redownloading deeds torrent version is there a way i can help seed his?

B

Benedictine

quick question

I am trying to use Limewire to d/l this. I have set my downloads to 100% and uploads to off/0%

Is this the quickest way to do it?

It says speed 10kbs now - uploading - and time to dl about 11 days!! :p

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
quick question

I am trying to use Limewire to d/l this. I have set my downloads to 100% and uploads to off/0%

Is this the quickest way to do it?

It says speed 10kbs now - uploading - and time to dl about 11 days!! :p

dont set upload to off or any one that bans leachers will ban you hence the low down load

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Bene,

You can use my torrent without worrying about your upload speed...

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
i completed my download from the goa downloader but without redownloading deeds torrent version is there a way i can help seed his?

Assuming you already have a torrent program setup on your 'puter just grab Deebs' torrent and run it. Then just copy all the files you have downloaded into the folder created by your torrent program when you opened Deebs' torrent. Your program may have preallocated space, if so just overwrite the empty container files. If you are using uTorrent you may have it set to add the .ut extension to any incomplete files and if this happens to any preallocated files just delete them and move your GOA downloaded files into wherever they were. Restart your torrent program which should detect a change and re-check all the files then start seeding them.

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone having troubble using Vista ? ^^

I use two partitions and I want to install game on D:.. I can direct "downloader" to be saved on D: but when i run it to download client then i get "Insufficient disc space" cause it want to download to C: and I can't choose where to put it.. :twak:
the downloader downloads to a folder on whichever drive the downloader is run from.

after everything is downloaded you click the setup exe and choose where to install the actual game

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
quick question about the torrents
freddys house and the goa one are incompatable how come when they are the same files or they should be
reason i ask is i have 49% on the goa one and 33% on the other mostly different sections but when i try to do a local net work merge if it fails not sure why

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
not sure but I guess it is down to the torrent file? I grabbed the files from the goa torrent and Draylor created me a new torrent file using my tracker. The files are valid I know that much and my seeders are running lukewarm but at the same time giving everyone a decent download speed :)

Draylor

Part of the furniture
They are almost identical: they cover exactly the same files however they differ slightly in the technical geekery ...

The .torrent file splits the total size of the download into hundreds (or thousands) of pieces, and contains checksum information for each of them. The number of these pieces you have downloaded = competion percentage displayed.

Deebs (ie my) torrent uses a little over 4000 pieces of 2MB each.
GOAs uses 17,000 pieces of 512Kb each.

The result is if you have half downloaded from GOAs torrent only when you have "4 blocks in a row" downloaded will you have a complete block of Deebs torrent - so the completion percentage shown will be lower. Since the block wont be complete on Deebs torrent youd end up re-downloading the data if you switched to that one. (Does this make sense to anyone other than me? Heh, prob not, dont bother trying to understand it ...)

Pick one: and stick with it. If one gives you problems at 99% feel free to use the other, but jumping between them while midway through will result in you having to download more data to get it complete.

Quite why Deebs wanted to do his own I didnt work out ;) Of more use IMO are the direct http download links for anyone who (for whatever reason) isnt able to use torrents at all :D

mini-hammer

Fledgling Freddie
i rarely speak here on FH because i'm a bit shy but i'm here everyday reading away, i would just like to say a huge thank you to the guys who setup the FH torrent. I'm downloading now (iv'e limited my upload until i got the full file then i will upload).

thank you again.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
i rarely speak here on FH because i'm a bit shy but i'm here everyday reading away, i would just like to say a huge thank you to the guys who setup the FH torrent. I'm downloading now (iv'e limited my upload until i got the full file then i will upload).

thank you again.

Welcome to the community resource that is FreddysHouse. :cheers:

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber

thank you again.

Nice of you to take the time to say so... :)

Geddon

Fledgling Freddie
Geddon

First post here , hope someone can help , sure there are many .
My problem is i have DL client but mythic patcher does not patch anyone else have this problem or any idea what i am doing wrong . :england:

koxi

One of Freddy's beloved
the downloader downloads to a folder on whichever drive the downloader is run from.

Well.. nope.. not on my pc anyway.. downloader is placed in d:/war but trying to download to c:/ when i run it..

.. so i had to expand c: partition in vista to download.. took quite a while but it worked :)

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Well all I can say is thanks to the FH folk for the torrent.

I started my DL yesterday and my PC has been running for around 18 hours now and I've gotten to a measly 15% with the WAR downloader purely and simply because it's crap, left it running when I went out last night only to return to find it had crashed and stopped, and then again this morning after leaving it on over night..... crashed again with the same error.

I have to leave towork away on Monday and without you guys on here I would not be able to download this in time for next week.

Booooo for the 'Official' downloader!

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
My problem is i have DL client but mythic patcher does not patch anyone else have this problem or any idea what i am doing wrong . :england:

The only thing you do wrong is not having patience :)
All servers are down at the moment so no patching. Join us in waiting for now :)
Oh and welcome to the active side.

Faya

Guyton

Fledgling Freddie
I'm using the WAR downloader seems to be going ok, one hour in and at 25% though the rate is starting to fluctuate a bit now (I'm sure it will be done before the start date :) )

Does anyone know what ports need to be open? getting the same sort of thing I had with the Blizzard downloads - your hiding behind a firewall sort of thing

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Welcome to posting then. :)

sarasin

Loyal Freddie
Many thanks for the torrent link Deebs. I was also having a bit of trouble with the GOA one. Crashed on me twice after around 50%

B

Benedictine

I second that! Two failed attempts with GOA and easy success with Deebs FH version.

Thanks alot! :clap:

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Glad that the FH version worked fine first time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom