Open Beta Download Available!

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
I am currently downloading the client and will be putting it on the FH torrent server (seeder will use 10mbits), plus it will be available on a HTTP download.

sweets as this official client is a dog

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Currently grabbing it at 2meg/sec so in around 90 minutes or so I should have it.

e0b1ff

Fledgling Freddie
Epic fail for me... Started downloading last night and when i woke up to see it this morning... hard disk full at 18% download.. spent an hour cleaning up my system at 6AM this morning... hopfully it will be downloaded by the time i get back from work.. ^^

Aada

Part of the furniture
I just left my PC on all night every now and then when i woke up i checked it and man at times it was freaking slow!

I bet it is being hammered none stop.

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved
what's this about people using torrent to dl the game? Isn't that seperate from the downloader? I'm "already" at 10% now (left my PC running all night), and since there is no maximum upload speed, it's always taking most of my bandwith so my download speed is mostly at a rediculous 20ish kb/s... this will take ages bah

Aada

Part of the furniture
what's this about people using torrent to dl the game? Isn't that seperate from the downloader? I'm "already" at 10% now (left my PC running all night), and since there is no maximum upload speed, it's always taking most of my bandwith so my download speed is mostly at a rediculous 20ish kb/s... this will take ages bah

Are you on a router?

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved
nope, not in a network at all... plus I'm using a broadband connection! Usually I fly at topspeeds, this is the first time ever I'm looking at these dissapointing speeds :(

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Once the client is on my tracker I don't care too much about upload speeds so you can use any client and cap it as my seeder will cover the shortfall (I have another seeder on 100mbit if needed).

Jai13

Fledgling Freddie
once its downloaded, am i meant to have more than 4 .bin files? if not then wth do i do now :(

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Its punishment for rolling alb/excal....

ROOFL, best comment today! Made me laugh hard ;D

Worse then getting rickrolled!!

I got my codes, will start the DL mayhem when i get home from work :flame:

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Once the client is on my tracker I don't care too much about upload speeds so you can use any client and cap it as my seeder will cover the shortfall (I have another seeder on 100mbit if needed).

:worthy:

Phear the powar of Teh Freddy!!!

Feel free to let others know about this folks... of course, you might also mention what a wonderful and cool place to hang FH truly is and that people are free to come and join in, but no sub is required to get the client download.... isn't Deebs simply Top Dollar! :wub::cheers:

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
So people that still have the CB client just needs to run the patcher?

Just did and if im am set for OB now it only took 3 mins ;)

Jonnyrocker

Fledgling Freddie
I am stuck at 98% after 12hrs of downloading.
Server is down according to the client.

J

Ganethis

Fledgling Freddie
i have the download complete, but aparently the patcher is not up either, its just standing on "starting product patch" and stays, pehaps its down as Jonnyrocker says

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved
ok, the problem is fixed for sure now :) using the torrent, at least I can cap my upload speed now! dl speed alot faster now :p around 400 kb/s

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
OR the fact GoA said you wouldn't need to run the patcher? :D Read their website.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
A really smart move of them to not put it on official trackers with hash information so people can download the right thing.

Now someone will have to download it fully and put it up himself.

Setting up the ONE needed forward port in the client itself is too much to ask for also I think.

thergador

Fledgling Freddie
is there a torrent link ? as the stupid client keeps droping to 29KB/s

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
So i downloaded it, took me around 6 hours.
But there are no files...?
Anyone any clue what i did wrong heh.

Faya

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture

Faya

Well GoA's site says that you will get asked where the files shall be downloaded too, so where did you put them in?

:ninja:

(Despite the fact that the tool just downloads the files to somewhere for me, w/o asking me to where.)

thergador

Fledgling Freddie

Faya
should have a folder (same loaction as the .exe you ran) called wareuopenbeta

or did you click no to saving ?

Ganethis

Fledgling Freddie
OR the fact GoA said you wouldn't need to run the patcher? :D Read their website.

right if i just launch the game it tells me authenticating error :p yes yes im preorder CE type of guy and so on, so just to be sure, when you read the official on the site saying something ala:

At long last, the 12GB Open Beta client is now available for download through our website. This download is open for anyone who is logged in at our website, but only Open Beta testers will be able to run the client. Open Beta testers include all current beta testers, Collector's Edition pre-order customers as well as customers who bought a Standard Edition pre-order via one of our premium partners

it makes it sound like its ready to be used? sooo what did I do wrong :p apart from the keycode thing still missing ofc.

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, after refreshing some (thought i did) i found a folder in the folder../confuse..with 5 bin files in, i think thats not enough ;/ and no exe..so i guess i redownload tonight heh.
Thanks for the quick response.

Faya

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
30 minutes to go for me. Client slowed right down to 1mb/sec. Once I have the files I will need to check them and then create torrent files and start seeding. When that is complete I will post the tracker page.

edit:

What would be good is for someone who has the files and successfully installed from them to post a MD5 checksum.....

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
i would, but i have no idea what that means lol

also mine is the CB download not sure if it the same, mines alot bigger than the OB download

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
So how does the FH torrent work? And is there no place where i can download the file in one big pack other then torrent? I just so /nohigh tech, i think i get to old for this..

Faya

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
30 minutes to go for me. Client slowed right down to 1mb/sec. Once I have the files I will need to check them and then create torrent files and start seeding. When that is complete I will post the tracker page.

edit:

What would be good is for someone who has the files and successfully installed from them to post a MD5 checksum.....

:clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom