TV Ooo Ahh... 24 Season 7!!!

throdgrain

FH is my second home
What're you using to play them on your tele? Is it a divx capable DVD player or something?

Downloaded it, converted it from avi to dvd, burnt it onto a dvd, played it on hdmi dvd player.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Maybe the ones you downloaded were from the screener but they were broadcast the day after 1 & 2. I watched mine in glorious HD :)

ahh didn't realise that, watched them a day early then, quality wasn't great but watchable.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
episode 5

slow episode, the safe house stuff felt like it took up too much time, finished well though. The buried alive bit was pretty well done.

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
episode 5

slow episode, the safe house stuff felt like it took up too much time, finished well though. The buried alive bit was pretty well done.

I liked the breathing you could hear during the countdown, nice touch, I kind of wish Jack had just killed her though just to show he's still hardcore :)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Enjoyed that :)

Thought back to an earlier series when he did have to waste an agency colleague... agree on the good ending and things are getting pretty spicy with the different polt lines ... cool ! :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I liked the breathing you could hear during the countdown, nice touch, I kind of wish Jack had just killed her though just to show he's still hardcore :)

that's the thing, he is not as hardcore anymore, he cares more about people than doing the job. He has been soul searching.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Back to back episodes Monday - lots of fun!

Bits are far fetched, yes, but it's still entertaining :D

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
episodes 11 and 12

You are kidding me right? Those two episodes were worst than some of the far fetched bollocks we had in the first part of this season of Heroes. There was no way I could suspend my disbelief at the events taking place, 24 script writers have just run out of ideas. What a load of bollocks, has just ruined this season for me, I am struggling to see what they can fill another 12 hours with now. Maybe some little green men will be the next threat?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
You'll be watching the rest, you know it.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I will, but I really cannot enjoy it. I have managed to suspend my disbelief through all the shit that has happened so far... but

Juma, escaping unnoticed to the US, out of a country surrounded by the US armed forces. Juma and his highly trained commandos from Senegal.... I saw what Senegal was like in Redemption... I am now supposed to believe they are multi-skilled hi tech commandos?? Oh and the white house, through a subtereanen tunnel? Oh COME. ON. It's fucking ridiculous.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
lol Chet you are of course correct.

gangsta9.JPG

General Juma :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yeah, why the hell are Juma's troops not dressed in random hip hop street wear like every other hardcore African commando??

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Of course it isn't difficult to believe that his troops would have been trained by ex-special forces mercenary types (of which there are undoubtedly many).

I find this more believable than other plots, such as nuclear explosions (2 of), biological warfare, magical devices that make power stations stop working, CTU being blown up and filled with gas, AF1 being shot down by a stolen Stealth fighter, a president that disappeared never to be heard from again, another president about 20 years too young and who has also disappeared, a corrupt president who likes to murder people, and over all that super-computers that can hack into anything in the entire world with the touch of a few keys controlled by complete wankers. Has anyone noticed how all the IT types are wankers?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
neurotic wankers, oh and also very easily turned into traitors.

The problem with 24 is, there was only so much they could ever do with the concept. It worked for two seasons, and then it started getting silly. Enjoyable, but silly. Now the writers have got their crack pipes out.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Yes it's silly and unbelievable.

Is it still one of the best things on TV? You bet.

Plus it's now the only carbon neutral show on Earth (apparently). They cut their carbon emissions by 43% and buy high quality offsetting for the rest. Leading the way for others to follow. Not bad.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
And Aaron Pierce SUCKS at not getting shot.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
At least they got that right then :) However they missed out the sandals and the beards, which is disappointing :(
I'm sorry but I don't see why this sort of blatant racism is acceptable in the forums?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I'm waiting for Chloe to alt-tab to her WoW account during an important crisis.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
There has to be an almighty catfight between Chloe and Janice coming... there has to be :)

Maybe it'll be on the dvd extras or something...

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I don't know if you'd define it as such, but we are genetically different from most other homo sapiens.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
as in deformed and mutated? The result of generations of in-breeding between nerds perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom