TV Ooo Ahh... 24 Season 7!!!

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Bit of a placeholder really as I haven't seen any yet. I didn't get to watch the Redemption special but Damini's musings had me thinking I didn't miss much. I'm about to watch Ep 1 and 2, with 3 to follow tomorrow. Any of you getting up to speed with it, am I missing anything plot related by missing redemption?

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
You are missing something because going by the 1st and 2nd episodes the people/plot lines involved in Redemption are going to feature in the series, don't want to say more than that without spoiling it, anyone coming into it I'd advise to watch Redemption first it's only 80mins long any way.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
You are missing something because going by the 1st and 2nd episodes the people/plot lines involved in Redemption are going to feature in the series, don't want to say more than that without spoiling it, anyone coming into it I'd advise to watch Redemption first it's only 80mins long any way.

Not that fucking annoying fat kid who got Robert Carlyle killed I hope. Unless he's being used as target practice.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Luckily it starts in America and only has the Africa bit as a partial crisis that the White House are dealing with...other than that its not featured much so far

Pretty damn good episodes though!

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
Luckily it starts in America and only has the Africa bit as a partial crisis that the White House are dealing with...other than that its not featured much so far

Pretty damn good episodes though!

You need to watch episode 2 again :)

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Is it easy to pick up? I only watched season 1, 2 and 3... can I just start again with 7?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
So clearly the writers sat down to write the first couple of episodes after watching Die Hard 2.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
So clearly the writers sat down to write the first couple of episodes after watching Die Hard 2.

Wasn't it die hard 4.0 with the cyber threat?

And Dys, episodes 1-4 are on the net, and redemption is needed for the back story.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I think nath was referring to the
"taking over atc and redirecting planes"
bit Ch3t. I like it, only watched 1 and 2 so far though. It didn't quite have the wham-bam opening goodness that some earlier seasons did but it's pretty solid so far.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
You need to watch Redemption before S7, there are some very important plotlines that are taken up in S7 that aren't explained unless you've seen Redemption.

Seen 1 & 2, will watch 3 & 4 tonight. It's started off well.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Seen 1 & 2, will watch 3 & 4 tonight. It's started off well.

Not sure I'd agree with you there. Though it didn't make me laugh at just how shit it was, which is always good for an American TV show. It did seem to be going through the old 24 paces, all the usual stuff.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's a solid start, I'd agree, and similarities to fillums aren't that strong in my view.... I must say I've enjoyed so far.

Jaw dropped when Tony appeared:D

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's a solid start, I'd agree, and similarities to fillums aren't that strong in my view.... I must say I've enjoyed so far.

Jaw dropped when Tony appeared:D

Luckily for you it didn't have to drop far before hitting the floor!

Am enjoying the 4 episodes I have seen so far....

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Hmmmm, cant seem to find ep 4, i'll keep hunting

Tom

I am a FH squatter
eztv has it.

I've finished 1 & 2, and I have to say I'm pleased that they're taking things slowly, instead of huge explosions and massive gunfights right at the start. Remember the first season of 24, how it took a while to get going? I'm hoping they'll play it like that.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Deebs - I'm suprised you can watch any TV without your nose breaking the screen!!

Ep 3 = winz0r... Ep 4 now :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
LOVED the second half of ep3 :D
As for ep 5, Jack Bauer will huff and he will puff and he will blow your panic room down!

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Liking 3 & 4 also.

There's a lot of scope for some very good stuff in this series already.

Just a shame Jack's been shouting "TELL ME WHERE THE DEVICE IS!" instead of "TELL ME WHERE THE BOMB IS!" It made me chuckle anyway.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I've downloaded these 350mb EZTV jobs, but they dont look that good on my TV, though they look ok on my PC.

I've got an HD one, but its in .mkv, anyone got a recomendations for a (free!) .mkv to .avi converter?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
mkv2vob.

I download the 720p versions and convert them using this tool and then watch on the PS3.......

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Trust me, grab MK2VOB and enjoy HD on your PS3......

nath

Fledgling Freddie
What're you using to play them on your tele? Is it a divx capable DVD player or something?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
episodes 3 and 4 were very low quality as they weren't the broadcast versions.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe the ones you downloaded were from the screener but they were broadcast the day after 1 & 2. I watched mine in glorious HD :)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Bit of a placeholder really as I haven't seen any yet. I didn't get to watch the Redemption special but Damini's musings had me thinking I didn't miss much. I'm about to watch Ep 1 and 2, with 3 to follow tomorrow. Any of you getting up to speed with it, am I missing anything plot related by missing redemption?

Redemption is a bit predictable pants. I've not watched any of S7 yet.

Now get your arse back into WAR :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom