online games vs. relationship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Gamah said:
I lived with your mother for a while Huntingtons....

She was HOT!

+ Less being an emovita ;/

its dangerous to take your comments too serious so i just believe you're not my biological dad!
tho, i was merely using it as a stand to flame evita and tris-!

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
TheBinarySurfer said:
Youre taking it too literally, sure you give the problems a bit of a go at being sorted out, but if they dont look resolveable, unless youre a masochist you leave because circumstances have changed. Only an idiot or a masochist stays in a relationship that has problems that aren't resolveable.

The way youre talking there i'm inclined to think youre either lacking a spine to be able to end a relationship when it has insurmountable or serious problems, or just flame baiting. Either way you seem to lack the ability to see the other person's viewpoint as valid in a debate.

Edit: You still playing Gamah?

i havnt lived with a girl or thought of marrying anybody but i know that even now i'd fight for one untill i saw it dead and i would fight alot harder for a marriage. the reason, as i see it, for this many divorces is that people are of the zapping-generation, they just switch when they cba anymore (LIKE A TV CHANNEL LOL!) and that attitude of yours is one of the reasons, keep it if you like but i dont have any respect for it) tho i can agree with highschool crushes, flirts and lose relations just to end it when it becomes a bit too much of a hassle, but it has to be a very lose. i wouldn't do it to a person i love.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
old.Tohtori said:
Don't stare at the screen, don't stare at the boobies, don't stare at the booty...for f*cks sake what SHOULD we stare at?! Our penis since our wallet is out having fun at the nearest shoe store? :eek7:
Hmm, got me there, tho I suppose staring at the boobies wouldn't hurt in this case.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
It wont do anything aslong he's not doing it, if he start doing that he will only end up doing wrong then aswell. As history prove over and over again, no matter what a man do it will always be wrong in the eyes of women.

Gamah

Banned
Huntingtons said:
its dangerous to take your comments too serious so i just believe you're not my biological dad!
tho, i was merely using it as a stand to flame evita and tris-!

Huuunntinnnggtooonnnsss *Loud breath* *Loud breath* *Loud breath* *Loud breath* I am your FATHER!!!!

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Gamah said:
Huuunntinnnggtooonnnsss *Loud breath* *Loud breath* *Loud breath* *Loud breath* I am your FATHER!!!!

damn that turns you on :( you child molester!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Riddle me this batman...*laughs maniacly*

I'm always happy like, but never happy about you.
I'm always in need, but never tell it.
My ways are perfect, your ways won't do.
If you have something you like, it must be sh*t!

What am i!?
150px-Riddler-carrey.jpg

EDIT:

Yes it's a girlfriend. Because!!!....no matter what the thing, they have to complain about something. I bet this poor girlfriends(coughcough) boyfriend is playing what, half an hour a day but for that time, it's like hours for the girlzilla.

It's just a fact. Women need conflict. To those in "relationships that are so goooood", just try to be a "perfect" boyfriend for a week and you'll see....you'll see!!!

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:
just try to be a "perfect" boyfriend for a week and you'll see....you'll see!!!

NEVER, EVER, again! im sticking with mediocre these days, swinging between bearable and desirable, very VERY occasionally heavenly, but only when the situation really demands it, OR when she least expects it (this xmas day just gone was a prime example to my household of how i can be heavenly, and BOY did i get points for it all!)

to be perfect, is a fallacy in its own right, woman DO NOT KNOW what they consider to be "perfection" and as such it is literally IMPOSSIBLE to accomplish, you can be bearable, annoying, good, some times devine, but NEVER "perfect", realise this, deal with this, and plan how you are going to make a lifetime bearable without driving yourself insane in the process.

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Women aren't evul :(

Well some are, but not necessarily because of their genes :p

I think one of the major problems is media - read any womens' mag (Cosmo, Marie Claire etc) and there'll always be at least two articles on how to "improve your man" and make him do what you want him to do etc etc - there's never any talk of compromise or flexibility. I think because of this, women have this idea that they *have* to be selfish and they should treat their man like shit if he doesn't fit into this "new man" metrosexual spiritually content stereotype.

Speaking as a woman that's been happily married for 2 and a half years, your gf should be your best friend. They shouldn't have to be someone that hates the fact you spend time doing something you enjoy, or wants to change you to conform to some idealistic stereotype.

There'll always be some things that are a stress point in any relationship, whether its the amount of time spent watching soaps, playing computer games, or the condition of the toilet seat. These need to be things that can be worked around, and if that's just not possible, then you need a new gf.

Edit: Having said all of that, moderation is the key - if you want to spend 8 hours a day playing on a computer, then tbh you're probably not emotionally ready to have a gf.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Naetha said:
Edit: Having said all of that, moderation is the key - if you want to spend 8 hours a day playing on a computer, then tbh you're probably not emotionally ready to have a gf.

What if your other half does? ;):D

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
old.Tohtori said:
Yes it's a girlfriend. Because!!!....no matter what the thing, they have to complain about something. I bet this poor girlfriends(coughcough) boyfriend is playing what, half an hour a day but for that time, it's like hours for the girlzilla.
i didnt know tohtori was a female :eek: dont post pics tho, we want to sleep comfortable tonight

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Huntingtons said:
i havnt lived with a girl or thought of marrying anybody but i know that even now i'd fight for one untill i saw it dead and i would fight alot harder for a marriage. the reason, as i see it, for this many divorces is that people are of the zapping-generation, they just switch when they cba anymore (LIKE A TV CHANNEL LOL!) and that attitude of yours is one of the reasons, keep it if you like but i dont have any respect for it) tho i can agree with highschool crushes, flirts and lose relations just to end it when it becomes a bit too much of a hassle, but it has to be a very lose. i wouldn't do it to a person i love.

I respect your point of view if youre from a traditional background, I phrased it a bit strongly originally as I wasn't well yesterday so feeling bit narky. Thought i'd try and compose a better reply to try and convey my point in a non-narky way.

If the differences are minor then sure work em out. But if theyre significant - different story. I don't think that love for the other person should be the deciding factor - thats a chain thats too easily manipulated - common ground is the basis of a relationship - be it in personality, humor, interests, friends - whatever.

Sure, all relationships have differences - whether you find those differences 10 years or 10 hours into a relationship shouldnt matter.

Personally speaking i believe that different people are right for each other at difference points in their lives - circumstances change. Especially in this modern environment that forces us to adapt to societal / work / educational / ethical changes very fast.

Regardless of age - we never really finish changing or maturing until we die. Once youre out of your teens theres your twenties, then theres your thirties, then hello midlife crisis / middle age etc etc (and so on). This changing process has merely been extended and speeded up now with longer lifespans (in the last 100 years alone the avg human lifespan extended by almost 20 years ) due to better healthcare, and our 24/7 society that never closes, never stops changing (and by proxy) we have to keep changing to keep pace with it...

None of us are who we were 10 years ago - so what makes you think that person you go to bed at night with is too? Some people grow and change together side by side in the same ways so the relationship never breaks down. This isn't the norm - most people change and grow apart in my experience, and in my opinon.

Just my personal views on this. Apologies if i stated it somewhat harshly first time around.

Edit: One last comment - your words about fighting for a relationship / partner to the end. That's blind love - and nothing is more dangerous and allows you to be used / abused in theory - there should never be "unconditional" love - there should be love when the conditions are right.

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
Naetha said:
Women aren't evul :(

Well some are, but not necessarily because of their genes :p

I think one of the major problems is media - read any womens' mag (Cosmo, Marie Claire etc) and there'll always be at least two articles on how to "improve your man" and make him do what you want him to do etc etc - there's never any talk of compromise or flexibility. I think because of this, women have this idea that they *have* to be selfish and they should treat their man like shit if he doesn't fit into this "new man" metrosexual spiritually content stereotype.

Speaking as a woman that's been happily married for 2 and a half years, your gf should be your best friend. They shouldn't have to be someone that hates the fact you spend time doing something you enjoy, or wants to change you to conform to some idealistic stereotype.

There'll always be some things that are a stress point in any relationship, whether its the amount of time spent watching soaps, playing computer games, or the condition of the toilet seat. These need to be things that can be worked around, and if that's just not possible, then you need a new gf.

Very true. I believe that the media has not only screwed up alot of womens image of how they should look. But only twisted their views on how relationships and men work.

many of the things women acuse men of, they are more guilty of themselfs. (I'm in no way saying men are saints, i have had to comfort many a heartbroken female friend with idiot boyfriends)
Women always call men superficial. But when asked. They want mister talk, dark and handsome. Many women refuse to date men under a certain height. Even if the man is taller than them.

I'm all for them not being content with the; Fat, nasty, lazy wifebeaters of old. But when i see them whine on TV and in magazines. That they can't find a decent man. They found a loving, attractive man they liked... but he didn't have any money so ofcourse they couldn't date him.

And there is this reality show i watched an episode of 4 o'clock at night. Where these girls da <walks off to punch the wall>
Back. These girls date several guys at the time, without telling them. But if a man do that... he is a cheating bastard. And a total moron for not telling them.

Some women get mad if you go out for a night with the guys. But when it's girl time. And she is going to a stripclub with her friends. You should stop being jealous and possesive. (I don't have this problem, yet it still pisses off just seeing it)

Ok, now i have to walk away from this before i blow a gasket :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
What the f*ck is it with this "stay in there!" or "Fight for your love!" cr*p?

If the b*tch ain't delivering the goods, or making you deliver yours(har har), dump her, play a little more and do like any other bloke. Go get a new one from the bar in 5 minutes flat.

It ain't rocket science, women are horny, needy, easily woo'able, dumb-a** puppies whom if given even an inch of notice, will follow you around the world and suck you for 80 days :D

Bahumat

FH is my second home
old.Tohtori said:
What the f*ck is it with this "stay in there!" or "Fight for your love!" cr*p?

If the b*tch ain't delivering the goods, or making you deliver yours(har har), dump her, play a little more and do like any other bloke. Go get a new one from the bar in 5 minutes flat.

It ain't rocket science, women are horny, needy, easily woo'able, dumb-a** puppies whom if given even an inch of notice, will follow you around the world and suck you for 80 days :D

I wont be as blunt as Mr Tohtori, but like neatha said, your GF/BF should be like your best friend in that you can talk about anything, share hobbies (or at least understand and not make it awkward for them to carry on with their hobbies).

If they do neglect you alot for the game then its unfair on you and you should both sit down and discuss it. Whatever you do, dont say "Its either me or the game", but explain that you wanna spend some time together.

You dont have to set a day per week, but if you arranged to spend some time together at least once a week that'd be a start? he might wanna play on 1 day and see his friends another? I think you can see what im getting at.

Oh and if after talking he does not change, i'd reconsider the relationship.

pip

Banned
Gaming is good for you and your partner cause when they in the kitchen your not under there feet all the time:) :p nah tbh been with same gf for 16 yrs sometimmes you need the break but i try spend every sunday night with her:) i think she rather me play game:(

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
oh btw, it was a knockout by online gaming in the first round... go home and practice... bitch!

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
TheBinarySurfer said:
I respect your point of view if youre from a traditional background, I phrased it a bit strongly originally as I wasn't well yesterday so feeling bit narky. Thought i'd try and compose a better reply to try and convey my point in a non-narky way.

If the differences are minor then sure work em out. But if theyre significant - different story. I don't think that love for the other person should be the deciding factor - thats a chain thats too easily manipulated - common ground is the basis of a relationship - be it in personality, humor, interests, friends - whatever.

Sure, all relationships have differences - whether you find those differences 10 years or 10 hours into a relationship shouldnt matter.

Personally speaking i believe that different people are right for each other at difference points in their lives - circumstances change. Especially in this modern environment that forces us to adapt to societal / work / educational / ethical changes very fast.

Regardless of age - we never really finish changing or maturing until we die. Once youre out of your teens theres your twenties, then theres your thirties, then hello midlife crisis / middle age etc etc (and so on). This changing process has merely been extended and speeded up now with longer lifespans (in the last 100 years alone the avg human lifespan extended by almost 20 years ) due to better healthcare, and our 24/7 society that never closes, never stops changing (and by proxy) we have to keep changing to keep pace with it...

None of us are who we were 10 years ago - so what makes you think that person you go to bed at night with is too? Some people grow and change together side by side in the same ways so the relationship never breaks down. This isn't the norm - most people change and grow apart in my experience, and in my opinon.

Just my personal views on this. Apologies if i stated it somewhat harshly first time around.

Edit: One last comment - your words about fighting for a relationship / partner to the end. That's blind love - and nothing is more dangerous and allows you to be used / abused in theory - there should never be "unconditional" love - there should be love when the conditions are right.
common ground is a nice stand but if you can change majorly in 10 years, you can change slight over a few months/years to adjust yourself and your partner to fit eachother if you both want it. if you dont want to stay with the person, fair, nothing can be done. but in my experience dont just move on when you feel threatend or abit trashed, why bother in the beginning? gonna give up in a match when it looks abit grim (bad comparisation but its somewhat valid), hell no.

im not of a traditional family, quite the opposite, maybe thats why i like fighting for it. there's nothing traditionally about fighting for love. back in the days, who cared about love? shag around, just keep the face up ******ds. nowadays we're much more priviliged but it shouldnt be abused like most people in our society is doing (naetha is giving a good example)

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
so anyone know who this apparent Bf is then?

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Poor_girlfriend

Assuming this post is real, you've already had your answer in the first few posts, even the most hardcore of us gamers would not put our gaming infront of an important relationship.

Talk to your bf. Tell him how you feel, and decide what you are going to do if he doesnt atleast listen to you enough to talk seriously about where things are going.

You may decide you can live with how things are atm, or you might decide that you cant take 2nd place to a hobby and start thinking about moving on.

Whichever you decide, its your choice, no one here is really qualified to help you anymore than a stranger you meet on the street. Everyone has different opinions and ways of reacting to things, some may seem so far off the mark to you that you cannot understand them at all, but this is the way it is on the net, just as it would be if you walked into a busy street in RL and had the same convosation. There is little difference except that here people pretend to care, in RL most people would probably not be interested :)

As I say, you've got your answer, no, gaming should not, (in the general opinion of people here), come before a good relationship.

What you do next is up to you, good luck with it, hopefully you'll get it sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom