online games vs. relationship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Sit down with him and tell him how it makes you feel. Tell him that you want to work something out that you can both be happy with. Try and get him to see things from your point of view. If that doesn't work because he isn't willing to compromise or can't see things your way at all, give him the ultimatum; it's the games or you - his choice.

If he choses the games, well... you will be hurt of course, but try to be strong and you will be better off in the long run no matter what happens after that. Good luck!

snushanen

Fledgling Freddie
my advise is to sit down, take a beer and talk about it. Try like Levin say to make him see it from your point of view. Dont expect him to quit gaming totaly but let him play a limited number of hours. Its his hobby and a 2 partners in a relationship must accept each others hobbies but a hobby shouldnt consume 10 hours a day. If he refuse to stop or reduce his playing time then you can either accept it or leave him. If it realy bothers you then you should leave him.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
cHodAX said:
... or quit them altogether.

Don't EVER recommend someone to stop playing games :D

Games are a sparetime leisure keep it that way :>

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
you can tell from some of the answers in here that some of the men have never had a real girlfriend :p

its wrong that he spends all his time playing a computer game and essentially ignores you, tell him how you feel and if he doesn't want to try and do something about it bin him, simple as.

i get the feeling you are talking about a certain warlock too? :p

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
crispy said:
Games are a sparetime leisure keep it that way :>
quite right :) but if they start effecting real life relationships its time to make changes

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
you can tell from some of the answers in here that some of the men have never had a real girlfriend :p

its wrong that he spends all his time playing a computer game and essentially ignores you, tell him how you feel and if he doesn't want to try and do something about it bin him, simple as.

i get the feeling you are talking about a certain warlock too? :p

Hardly.

Just because they post funny/witty/typical men-views don't mean they have never had a gf irl...

Gamah

Banned
I fucked a turnip once...does that mean I am no longer a virgin??:confused:

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Raven said:

To me it looks more like if some people don't really take the OP for serious =)

Mey

Part of the furniture
The all important question is, does your boyfriend play DAOC and or post on these forums!

That would be majorly pwned! Name and shame come on love...

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Bugz said:
I fail to see the intense seriousness of this thread mrs.poor gf.

Sorry :(

i agree, thinking its a fake - only way she'd learn about this forum is she was a gamer herself or if he browses off-topic daily and telling her about it.

give guesses of who it could be? Pip? Gamah? vlad? bugz? anybody!

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
On a slightly more serious note what's the alternative your offering him to the game.

If the problem is your not going out or doing stuff together then it's a problem. If he's wanting to play the game instead of simply sitting about on the sofa with you watching telly then you need to find something you can both enjoy doing together. Too many people are inclined to simply say he's a moron for choosing the game over you, without actually finding out what your offering. If you want to do stuff together why not ask if you can start playing?

Relationships can be better than simply playing games, that's sort of obvious. But it doesn't mean any old relationship will be. Simply saying RL > DAoC is slightly distorted from the truth since DAoC is a lesure activity in RL much the same as pissing off down the pub or watching telly. It's only an issue when it becomes an addiction, much like anything else in life.

poor_girlfriend

Fledgling Freddie
Golena:
i'm not that type of gf that want to watch telly whit a guy, I prefer rather cinema and action movies . And i started once to play but not DAOK, something else. Now I'm a bit bored about this game. The problem is that i want to go out together, or doing anything, but somthing together from time to time, even if it makes only me happy. If I can watch him gaming in the night when i want to sleep, why cant i to abide from him not to play so long but doing something whit me...

ps.
And I'm not hiding from him here and dont do nothing behind his back. i tould him that i posted here...

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
dont understand your reasoning for this part:"If I can watch him gaming in the night when i want to sleep, why cant i to abide from him not to play so long but doing something whit me..."

you can easily do something to gether but that there shouldnt be an argument for him to stop playing and doing stuff with you, you should be the argument for it.

WiiWii

Loyal Freddie
okey the real question is (if this isn't fake..) WHO IS YOUR BOYFRIEND?! :D

If you tell us who it is then I promise that you will get serious answears ;)

Azurus

Can't get enough of FH
You can tell by 'her' retarded english it's Pip! :fluffle:

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
if he wont stop playing just shoot him in the face with a sawn off shotgun.

you can then set fire to his body and throw the ashes out at sea while your sailing over to france on a booze cruise.

the perfect crime imo.

Mey

Part of the furniture
also post a picture of yourself, so that we can judge whether the games are worth what he's missing.......

(maybe that was abit harsh, i mean in a purely sexual arousing way.. or something..)

Tilda

Its simple, withdraw sex until he lowers his playing hours. Reward spending time with you with pleasure. :D

tris-

nice tilda, just turn her into a useable fuck slut.

tris-

cogs you fucking slacker, get back to killing boars :\

cmr

Banned
please tell us who this is xd i beg you

or a mod ip trace and tell us :p

Tilda

If he plays as often as he posts on FH, you should chat to him and convince him to cut down, or join in with him, or find fun things you can do toghether that isn't infront of a computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom