Once again GoA, what are the plans for Dyvet?

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Selling off the spanish servers to the Yanks might give GOA a hell of a lot of money, money which can be used to aid the other servers

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Potential quite simply. Name the most succesfull MMO's, Daoc, Ultima, WoW.

Think there is only one real MMO out there atm, it's EVE Online.

Lineage and Linage II should have a way higher market penetration than the ones you mentioned, even though it is in Korea mostly. But players there have a different mentality I guess than in other countries.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Think there is only one real MMO out there atm, it's EVE Online.

Yeah let's play EVE and join BOB alliance and have GM's give us all kind of advantages <o/
Any game where GM's give out advantages to certain players/guild/alliances because they got characters in those is never a good game no matter what gameplay and gfx the game has.
GM even admitted giving all kind of stuff to his alliance and still keeps his job and did it once again and still kept his job, that's a sure definition of a good game that is :p

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Yeah let's play EVE and join BOB alliance and have GM's give us all kind of advantages <o/
Any game where GM's give out advantages to certain players/guild/alliances because they got characters in those is never a good game no matter what gameplay and gfx the game has.
GM even admitted giving all kind of stuff to his alliance and still keeps his job and did it once again and still kept his job, that's a sure definition of a good game that is :p

So that is why Dyvet is dead, Requiel didnt give us in-game cookies! :(

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture

This is a whole discussion on it's own I think, I stopped to play EVE Online long time ago and I know the very beginnings of Evolution and their lap dogs called BoB. I am still up to date though as I know some prominent players till playing the game and I chat with them often.

There have been always people saying that there exist connections between BoB and the development team and I guess this have been proved right at some point. I have never been a big fan of them and was always on the the other side of the fence in game and on the forums.

But what I originally ment that 500 people playing on the same server/cluster shouldn't be considered Massivly Multiplayer anylonger in my opinion, we live in 2007, the technology and the possibilities advanced.

Sure, you will not find 25-30k people in the same solar system fighting an epic battle, but depsite the China shard the game bases still on a mass of players affecting the same world (market, politics, alliances, territory) and that in a 10 : 1 ratio when you look at the other modern online RPGs that call them MMORPGs.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie

In Eve Online the lack of static content means, in many cases GMs can't adjust things directly, if they want balanced fights between regions, etc. to make the game playable on long term, they have to do it by joining some player run alliances, and helping them.

Not because they know them.

They know them becase they have to help

and it is like giving out underpopulation bonuses to a realm, and trying to play there with friends, volunteers to help to fix the underpopulation problem. Would you call that bad?

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
In Eve Online the lack of static content means, in many cases GMs can't adjust things directly, if they want balanced fights between regions, etc. to make the game playable on long term, they have to do it by joining some player run alliances, and helping them.

Not because they know them.

They know them becase they have to help

and it is like giving out underpopulation bonuses to a realm, and trying to play there with friends, volunteers to help to fix the underpopulation problem. Would you call that bad?

You are wrong in your assumption. GM interference is only done when stuff is petitioned or via the story line and entities the players do not have access to.

In the case Andri mentioned the CEO had even to make a statement as the GM was corrupt.

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
interestingly the demand for a solution declines along with the dyvet population , maybe itll solve itself :)

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH

What the GM's in EVE did was not like underpopulated bonuses in DAoC, far from it.
It would be like a DAoc GM would log in, give a person in his guild/alliance insta level 50, insta rr13, insta capped temp, access to every RA/ML line/Spell line/Style line, as much spec points as possible and special things that other players have worked a long time for to get.
Would you still play DAoC (if you still do ofc) if there was a rr13+ group running from scratch with everything capped or even beyond the cap and having all kind of things that you could never ever get which will provide them with near godly stats/abilities? Don't think so.

I am all for underpop bonuses and trying to boost the realm/side/team or whatever that has less people with minor bonuses but what they did in EVE they could just aswell give everyone in that alliance god mode and be done with it.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
What the GM's in EVE did was not like underpopulated bonuses in DAoC, far from it.
It would be like a DAoc GM would log in, give a person in his guild/alliance insta level 50, insta rr13, insta capped temp, access to every RA/ML line/Spell line/Style line, as much spec points as possible and special things that other players have worked a long time for to get.
Would you still play DAoC (if you still do ofc) if there was a rr13+ group running from scratch with everything capped or even beyond the cap and having all kind of things that you could never ever get which will provide them with near godly stats/abilities? Don't think so.

I am all for underpop bonuses and trying to boost the realm/side/team or whatever that has less people with minor bonuses but what they did in EVE they could just aswell give everyone in that alliance god mode and be done with it.

You are so misinformed it's laughable :)

I suggest you read up on a subject so you have at least the smallest clue what your talking about before you open your gob-shite of a mouth and spew verbal diahorrea all over this nice thread.

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
It’s got to the point when really the GM’s should think about, say for Mid leading raids or something in RVR.

I mean honestly I’m not sure we even have mids playing this game, haven’t seen one for a at least 7 days.

I was shocked to see mids take a unclaimed twr in emain, I was amazed but true enough within 5 minutes the Albs had come in and taken it back..

Maybe primetime the RVR situation is ok, but just check outside these times and this server is dead, excluding horners PVE run through Mid, nothing happens.

We were all awaiting the launch of LOTM, I for one bought two copies and went inside, I was told by people playing other servers ‘god that place is a zerg fest, too many people to move or do anything’ oh how wrong they are for this server.

LOTM was a complete waste of money, excluding the extra HP cl10 got me the LAB is empty.

Servers a joke,.

But probably even more so than that is I’m paying for this joke.

Please sort it out.

Eble

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Its funny though. Hibs still have the population bonuses. :)

It have always seemed like GoA had a bias for Hibernia on the English servers.

Hib and Mid are just about the same size as Albion together (with Hib on the lead). Yet it's only Hibernia that gets the population bonus?

Go play your Hib toons more Requiel and Xalan. At least while there still is someone left to play with.

Have fun in the job queue next year. :)

Punishment

Resident Freddy
When my subs run out in afew weeks i may renew ...

I don't want to say yet tho as i've not decided anything solid :eek:

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
as much as i want some info they can't post any.
let's face it, in the moment they post any possible solution, half of the daoc fh population will demand it being implemented in that very second while the other half will flame them badly because, in their oppinion, the proposed solution will suck big time

Gahn

Resident Freddy
let's face it, in the moment they post any possible solution, half of the daoc fh population will demand it being implemented in that very second while the other half will flame them badly because, in their oppinion, the proposed solution will suck big time

Like it's any different when u got a rather large player base lol

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture

I wonder why I thought this quote was so predictable? Hmmm nvm :p

Nate

FH is my second home

Welcome to the big bad community of mmorpg's? Can't handle a few whiney posts on a forum, then why would they apply for the job?

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
GOA cant give any info, as the long term plan is not not give any info..

:m00:

Just let them get on with it fgs, I am sure they will tell you when they are ready. Not that I would begin to summize when that is but I am sure they working on it. Read the GOA DAoC webpage news and keep reading it is my advice. As Req said on an earlier post, it aint gonna be announced here so refer to their page imo.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
LOTM was a complete waste of money, excluding the extra HP cl10 got me the LAB is empty.

Servers a joke,.

But probably even more so than that is I’m paying for this joke.

Please sort it out.

Eble

i think the lab was the most fun i had in ages untill the maulers got unlocked and every dude and his dog started leveling cows, more than halving the amount of people in rvr in the process... oh well, more cows to farm (or get farmed by) soon i guess.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH

we already know that in advance.

a) if they cluster english cluster further with german or french cluster, the english speakers will whine cause they don`t speak the language.

b) if they don`t cluster further, everyone will whine about there being not enough people.

better to have only the english whine then have everyone whine, no ?

partial solutions are better than no solutions at all i gues, no ?

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
we already know that in advance.

a) if they cluster english cluster further with german or french cluster, the english speakers will whine cause they don`t speak the language.

Wrong If you read Requiel's post it says that having an English server is a priority for DAoC, so that aint gonna happen....

b) if they don`t cluster further, everyone will whine about there being not enough people.

better to have only the english whine then have everyone whine, no ?

Wrong again, Requiel suggested that they are working to a different solution which would result in a better English server. Now what that entails is down to the GOA team. And as I said earlier, there's really nothing to say here because it's been said, they aint gonna announce anything here. It will be on their website. Anything you or anyone else say about this aint gonna get any further till either Xalin or Requiel post a link to their page informing current English players of status or progress or intentions about what they are going to do. I've no idea if this is even going to happen or not but by judging from the past then i'd say this is likely.

partial solutions are better than no solutions at all i gues, no ?

Until further notice from either of the CM's wait is the best and only thing you can do. Close the thread tbh Flim ;)

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Just let them get on with it fgs, I am sure they will tell you when they are ready. Not that I would begin to summize when that is but I am sure they working on it. Read the GOA DAoC webpage news and keep reading it is my advice. As Req said on an earlier post, it aint gonna be announced here so refer to their page imo.

the fridays news never seems to contain any news, and goa only update the news page when something fucks ups :-(

:m00:

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
its a terrible shame that goa have fckd the cluster up the way they have.... no news or updates to keep people interested is poor service tbh...nothing short of a decent cluster move or char copy to US servers would bring many people back i believe....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom