Once again GoA, what are the plans for Dyvet?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I know most EU DAoC Players that play WAR will most likely try avoid GOA but comparing that to the numbers that dont know anything about it, id say it wont hurt GOA that much

Lets face it, they have decided they would rather insult customers than sorting this problem because they feel its not worth the effort..... and they are going to get away with ignoring it without much harm to themselves due to WAR there new cash cow coming soon.

They wont fix the problem and theres nothing you can do about it.

GOA have the attitude of a 12 year old towards its community. They can take the piss out of us knowing they are miles away. You know if a car dealership that had sold thousands of cars that had a problem, the law/reputation would force them to do somthing about it, and if it didnt people would take it into there own hands.

Problem is its very hard to take it into our own hands....

A campaign could be started to warn people off the GOA WAR servers to harm there new cash cow

The community could set up a freeshard and allow users to "copy" there charecters from EU servers (get info from roll of honour and have an NPC to get normal items and SC so you wouldnt have to PvE) to this and continue playing in the normal sense..... not sure if this is possible/ the intrest it would generate.

We plan trips to france and protest outside GOA and try get some media intrest to laugh at us.... again i doubt many would be intrested which would boil down to cost

last but not least..... some sort of attack on GOA HQ :D .... i know it sounds extreme..... but the attitude from GOA is seriously sickening

A little to far really, but if people started writing to PC magazines regarding GOA's poor service it would give them a huge kick up the arse and hopefully force them to sort it out.
You are right though, its pretty clear now that GOA don't intend to do anything about the UK cluster, its a shame really, if they had acted when the problems started it wouldn't be in the same situation it is in now.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, I know it is a game. When you play it.

When you pay for it, you use your real money, and you want to have fun.

Want to have a good time to relax after a hard day work and want some fun to help with enduring it, and with this, help with real life stress and make real life easier.

When it is about adding, it is about a game. When you lose some gold, have a bad roll, it is virtual, and part of the game.

When you pay for your subscribtion, you use real money for a real service, provided by a company that offers a real service and treats you as a real customer.

When you group up with someone a few times, it is virtual. When he becomes your friend, and you meet when you can, that is real. Even if you live hundreds of miles away, so DAOC becomes one strong option to have real fun with real friends, for real money.

Anyone, players, or providers should draw the line between what is game, and what is real service for real money.

From this perspective, GOA provides a service, like many other providers. Handles data, runs applications for you. The money you pay for their services aren't less real than the money you pay for banking services, or for your net access, or at the post office for postal service.

The money Requiel gets for his job, isn't less real than what any of you get for your job.

And if GOA and their fans say bad service is acceptable because it is a game stores, magazine editors, etc. who make a living from games related stuff will think differently, and with the history of GOA and their attitude there will be problems with WAR too. A few well placed comments on some forums can make a bad problem even worse for GOA.

If they want to avoid that they should impress both reviewers, distributors and players. And I doubt that handling the population problem will be good enough for that, so GOA should do more, far more, to kill the source of population problem as well.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
We are working on a long term solution

nose_by_nr49.jpg

Repped :)

Azagthoth

Fledgling Freddie
Many of you in here talk about the Us servers but what I dont understand is how you can play over there since I reckon you got quite high ping?
Do you all play casters or whats the catch?

Its really sad that they dont do anything about the cluster cus lets face it there isnt a better game with RvR out there.
Only thing to do is to roll on a German server cus they wont do anything about this problem.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Many of you in here talk about the Us servers but what I dont understand is how you can play over there since I reckon you got quite high ping?

Its really sad that they dont do anything about the cluster cus lets face it there isnt a better game with RvR out there.
Only thing to do is to roll on a German server cus they wont do anything about this problem.

i had a pretty nice and stable connection to the USservers with BBB, the ping wasnt a problem at all, even as a tank. Fact is, it was a better connection to there than over opentransits net of shite.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
yep, you actually get less network lag and less LDs on the US servers.

Gamah

Banned

The world doesn't live in the 70's any more :(

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
I heard playing on the US servers cures Cancer!

I read it on the Internet so it's probably true!

Azagthoth

Fledgling Freddie
Ok not to be rude or anything but could I get some screens of you pinging one of thoose servers?

If the ping is better than eu servers or similar then I dont see what the fuss is all about tbh.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Ok not to be rude or anything but could I get some screens of you pinging one of thoose servers?

If the ping is better than eu servers or similar then I dont see what the fuss is all about tbh.

what stops people playing on the US servers is that they dont except europe debit cards (maestro etc) your ok if you have VISA or Mastercard. Quiet a lot of EU players dont.

You can still subscribe to the US servers with a maestro crd just thatyou have to use two other payment systems to transfer money to mythic. its a pain and it does put people off.

:m00:

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH

101 ms delay to US servers and 33 ms delay to UK servers for me (just pinged) and for me that's enough reason to not play US as 100 ms delay is noticable at high end PvP.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
It's noticable, while I didn't have a problem running two accounts with characters on stick with LotM client I sometimes had a delay between activation of a spell/style/ability and the actual happening on the server.

It's pretty much the same lag like one would play a FPS shooter on a US server from Europe but it's not as critical, maybe because you don't get shot in the head in DAoC :p.

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
101ms is abit to much as I suspected.

God I remember the days of playing Team Fortress Classic (Armed and Insane [A&I])with a 300+ ping on a dailup. not many people had Broadband then :)

You adjust to the ping, I'm sure a 100ms ping in DAOC would make little difference, I play Euro servers from South Australia I ping about 300/400 ms melee sux but casters/ranger works just fine.

To say you can't play becuase of a 100 ms ping is rubbish, but each to there own.

Eble

Thadius

Part of the furniture
God I remember the days of playing Team Fortress Classic (Armed and Insane [A&I])with a 300+ ping on a dailup. not many people had Broadband then :)

You adjust to the ping, I'm sure a 100ms ping in DAOC would make little difference, I play Euro servers from South Australia I ping about 300/400 ms melee sux but casters/ranger works just fine.

To say you can't play becuase of a 100 ms ping is rubbish, but each to there own.

Eble

The old version of Day of Defeat was classic! :D

Shame Battlefield knicked everything worthwhile out of that game :<

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH

It's not that you cannot play with a 100ms delay it's just that if you want to be competitive you need an as low as possible delay for max. preformance.
I notice it alot in other games (only play DAoC EU) where if I get a 100+ms delay it will cost me the win and personally I wouldn't want to play on anything above 50-75ms delay, but like you said to each their own :)

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
When I can be bothered to Play Battlefield 2 or Arma here locally I ping 8ms so yeah I know the advantages low pings bring.

But DAOC it's not so important, else how would I kill anything with my casters or ranger?

Most MMO are the same Ive not played Guildwars as I think thats the closest to a 'twitch' gaming MMO.

I'm pretty sure I've killed more people with my higher ping, as they lagg off keeps/twrs than with a 30ms one. I'll have to fraps it one day!

Eble

Azagthoth

Fledgling Freddie

Eble

How do I adjust if I play a tank?

To play with 100ms in a game like this is "rubbish" Imo.

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
How do I adjust if I play a tank?

To play with 100ms in a game like this is "rubbish" Imo.

I was playing my champ for a bit last night, It's not easy with a 300/400 ms ping but I don't understand how you 'can't' play one with 100ms.

You can only spam so many keys at once, this isn't like a FPS game where a 8ms ping will totally destroy someone on a 300 ping. I'm living proof!

But to say to play DAOC with a 100ms is 'rubbish' isn't right at best people probably ping what 30m's to Euro servers, so even at 100ms your only giving away 70ms.

Lets face it we all have a natural ability to react at different speeds, 70ms in the mix is neither here or there.

Eble

Anyway back on subject wheres the answer!, seems the short term fix was to say 'a long term fix is being worked on'

Would be nice to have an idea of what the fix will be before the WAR monster starts up.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Also this ping changes.

And when EU servers had more players you had higher ping, and still played well.

Also if you would see the difference between the code used on game servers for FPS, RTS, etc. games and servers for MMORPG games and the reasons for theese differences you would know that differences in ping are less important.

Also, in case of daoc, you can prepare your next style before it would get evaluated. If the time frame you have for it is far higher than your ping, your ping shouldn't influence your chances much. (if your commands reach the server before it would check them, your ping makes no difference)

Also you don't have to aim precisely, and it means your delay with movement shouldn't have too high influence on your actions, and also it helps to make the server reliable even with high number of connected users as well.

Of course 99 ms and 101 ms can be very different in some cases, but so far to my best knowledge the majority of players are happy with US servers.

Also your routing is often just as good to USA as it is to France, and if we add OpenTransit to the picture, and look at long term chances...

Azagthoth

Fledgling Freddie
Ok. Let me put it in other words.
its "rubbish" for me.
I dont like it and I wont play with 100ms as I have tested many games (even daoc when it first came out in the us) and I think that 100 and above is to high for me.

Played tank all my daoc life so I might have had a diff oppinion about this if I had played casters.

Anyhow this isnt really the topic of the post, sorry my bad, so lets drop it for now.

necromania

Can't get enough of FH
Goa people are still waiting for a Solution.....

considered getting a Warden to Haste you ?

come on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom