Once again GoA, what are the plans for Dyvet?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
They have a lovely piece on "The Gods' toys" in this weeks news....

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Posted December 2006:

200 people mid week at a traditionally low time is not evidence of a serious issue. As I said, we'll get a much truer picture of what the real numbers are in the new year when everything gets back to normal. For now though all indications are that the population average over the past month is not more than a couple of percent different to how it was 5-6 months ago.

Anyhow, I'm off for the weekend. Have a good new year and I'll see you all in 2007.

Still traditionally lowtime? :p

Anyway whats keeping me away from playing daoc are the really low population numbers. There is no other way then clustering to have more people to play with. Or you make the game for free until a certain level to get new players.

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
Posted December 2006:

Still traditionally lowtime? :p

Anyway whats keeping me away from playing daoc are the really low population numbers. There is no other way then clustering to have more people to play with. Or you make the game for free until a certain level to get new players.

keep the low pop requiel, rather not have him back with that kind of attitude

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
keep the low pop requiel, rather not have him back with that kind of attitude

edit: <bit harsh, statement about drones and defending bridges retracted>

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Something needs to be done soon, especially before the end of the year.

Mythic are planning a 2007 release date for WAR, so by the end of the year we'll be seeing a huge population drop. Similar to the WoW release, people will move on from DAoC - even if they end up finding WAR quite boring they probably won't bother returning.

So any solution being worked on needs to take into account of a future population drop. It's something which will happen, GOA needs to prepare for it. A lack of planning for this will seriously annoy the remaining players who will want to play DAoC without it being a ghost town.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
eble - those graphs show a terminal decline in numbers since last year. The pop has decreased approx two thirds over what it was last year. Interestingly you cannot spot the trends of 'typical low numbers online' (like after summer hols / christmas etc.

Surely GOA have access to the same data ........

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
eble - those graphs show a terminal decline in numbers since last year. The pop has decreased approx two thirds over what it was last year. Interestingly you cannot spot the trends of 'typical low numbers online' (like after summer hols / christmas etc.

Surely GOA have access to the same data ........

well the graph only shows the last year :p

there are traditional low times but Requiel has pointed out in several more recent posts that the current population dip is more than that and that they have plans in the works. They can't announce them because the plans aren't definite and announcing a possible plan which then doesn't happen would be very damaging.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie

there are traditional low times but Requiel has pointed out in several more recent posts that the current population dip is more than that and that they have plans in the works. They can't announce them because the plans aren't definite and announcing a possible plan which then doesn't happen would be very damaging.

not as damaging as doing noting like they have been doing so far :touch:

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Just give dyvet Old Frontiers! :(

Would have to revamp the whole RA to match then!

Maybe you would like a rollback to "happier" times too? Face it, OF isnt going to come back. If you want it so badly, go find a shard or something.

OF would be nice for like the first month or so then it will decline. Too many people see it as rose tinted glasses, not the assjams at milegates, stealth zergs etc.

Or maybe you want that? Or maybe not, considering some whines about stealth zergs, tower camping etc

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin: While Requiel spoke about the period that traditionally has low population. But the graphs can show a full year, and you can have some backups and whatch them for some time, so see numbers. If we see that the numbers change compared to last month the time of year, and such traditional low population periods can explain it. But a comparision to last years similar period is a different story.

Well we have FAR leas people online compared to last december: Lets wait with the answer, because it is december now... isn't a nice excuse because it was december in last december too. So it isn't less valid now, since it wasn't a good excuse to begin with.

Also if many people are concerned because of low population and GOA was unable to predict the problems on classic before, the time of year newer explained why GOA didn't or shouldn't make plans to fix population problems as soon as they need the fix.

In the case of prydwen crash, one of the key problem was: GOA wasn't prepared for any significant data loss, wasn't prepared to handle server downtime and try to keep players content, etc. when they seen possible database corruption they restarted the server without checking for problem, and let it overwrite old backup with new damaged ones.

Now the problem: They aren't prepared to handle the population problem, they aren't prepared to keep existing players happy, they also failed to identify the problem in time, and now they are slow to fix problem and lose more players because of it.

Same old GOA.
So it is still the same, or we will see some significant (and impressive) changes realy soon?

Kvadi

One of Freddy's beloved

Stop making excuses for them (GOA). *We* can accept you defending/applying FH's policies but GOA's handling of the issues affecting Pryd/Excal (past & present) are indefensible. Requiel only ever comes here to spout platitudes and say that they have never been wrong about the way they have handled anything in the past. I'll give him this though, he's always very polite and very reasoned. Doesn't make him right though. Keeping so many people in the dark for so long is utter b*llshit.

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
Remove /level command and cluster all zones... people who download the trial and tries EU-daoc can't find any people to play with.

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
Less than 390 people on excal cluster friday night at peak time, where is comical Requiel to tell us its just a dip again :drink:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
important news regarding "Hrokor on His Majesty's Secret Service" in this weeks Friday news!!!!

population problems ignored as per usual

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
important news regarding "Hrokor on His Majesty's Secret Service" in this weeks Friday news!!!!

population problems ignored as per usual

The amount of time they spent on those stories I never read would be prolly sufficient to have the people who did it learning programming, understanding Mythic code and fixing the language barrier problem.

I know, I am genious ;).

Thadius

Part of the furniture
The amount of time they spent on those stories I never read would be prolly sufficient to have the people who did it learning programming, understanding Mythic code and fixing the language barrier problem.

I know, I am genious ;).

Face it, GOA are not going to do anything that will bring back 2k people are they?

Just move elsewhere or quit, saves all the whine!

Nate

FH is my second home
The thing that many of you are looking forward to is in the Camelot Reporter today.

Where the fuck is what we're all looking for in the reporter? It sure as hell isn't 1.87 news.

Gamah

Banned
GOA dont care about you..get over it, Requiel is only interested in keeping enough people on the server to justify his job untill he can move to WAR.

I honestly don't understand what he does all day..

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
i am begining to agree that GOA are not doing much, whatever requiel says :(

there has been nothing in the news at all its as if GOA dont wont to sully there official website by mentioning the lack of players...

:m00:

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
i am begining to agree that GOA are not doing much, whatever requiel says :(

there has been nothing in the news at all its as if GOA dont wont to sully there official website by mentioning the lack of players...

:m00:

Patience is weak in this one, welcome to the dark side :p

Corran

Part of the furniture
Patience is weak in this one, welcome to the dark side :p

Unfortunately for GoA this is going to now become more of a problem, wouldnt exactly call it low level patiences if people only now start to get on the band wagon, afteral it been about 6 weeks since this thread started so it understandable a few more people getting annoyed.

Problem comes from not knowing anything at all. I think in the next 2 weeks if no decision has been made then GoA need to come out and say something more official and a bit more informative. If they have selected a plan but working on how to implement it then they should state that, and if possible give a little idea on the plan. If they choose a plan that turned out was not technically possible and were sent back to the drawing board then that too would be good information to tell the players.

Understand both sides of the "for/against" information providing, but it is getting to an important stage now.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Unfortunately for GoA this is going to now become more of a problem, wouldnt exactly call it low level patiences if people only now start to get on the band wagon, afteral it been about 6 weeks since this thread started so it understandable a few more people getting annoyed.

Problem comes from not knowing anything at all. I think in the next 2 weeks if no decision has been made then GoA need to come out and say something more official and a bit more informative. If they have selected a plan but working on how to implement it then they should state that, and if possible give a little idea on the plan. If they choose a plan that turned out was not technically possible and were sent back to the drawing board then that too would be good information to tell the players.

Understand both sides of the "for/against" information providing, but it is getting to an important stage now.

***This is an observation and not fact***

I forsee that after 1.87 implementation has taken place then you will start to see more information on what plans for the cluster are about to take place. If you look it at from an entirely procedural picture. They have been working to a rigid and unbreakable timetable whilst continuing discussion on this matter at hand. Implementation gives them a bit more of a freehand to do other stuff, ie concentrate on the manga games and intense discussion on the cluster.

I'd say there's fair opportunity here to see what the team have come up with in this respect.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
After they release 1.87, they will be busy working on 1.88.

The pure fact that so long have passed without a single word on the official site demonstrates GoA's inability to adress this issue.

This is no longer a case of GoA being unable or incompetent.

This is a matter of GoA being foolish and destroying what is left of their business for an English version of Dark age of Camelot.

Great work Requiel. You suck at your job. :)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
We are working on a long term solution

nose_by_nr49.jpg

Royle

Banned
I know most EU DAoC Players that play WAR will most likely try avoid GOA but comparing that to the numbers that dont know anything about it, id say it wont hurt GOA that much

Lets face it, they have decided they would rather insult customers than sorting this problem because they feel its not worth the effort..... and they are going to get away with ignoring it without much harm to themselves due to WAR there new cash cow coming soon.

They wont fix the problem and theres nothing you can do about it.

GOA have the attitude of a 12 year old towards its community. They can take the piss out of us knowing they are miles away. You know if a car dealership that had sold thousands of cars that had a problem, the law/reputation would force them to do somthing about it, and if it didnt people would take it into there own hands.

Problem is its very hard to take it into our own hands....

A campaign could be started to warn people off the GOA WAR servers to harm there new cash cow

The community could set up a freeshard and allow users to "copy" there charecters from EU servers (get info from roll of honour and have an NPC to get normal items and SC so you wouldnt have to PvE) to this and continue playing in the normal sense..... not sure if this is possible/ the intrest it would generate.

We plan trips to france and protest outside GOA and try get some media intrest to laugh at us.... again i doubt many would be intrested which would boil down to cost

last but not least..... some sort of attack on GOA HQ :D .... i know it sounds extreme..... but the attitude from GOA is seriously sickening

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom