On charges, timers, and swappings.

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
[warning - whine inside!]

Hroft's day of RvR.

After logging in both Sb and Shaman - switch weapon in 2h slot from champ to Golden Spear.
Buff up.
Summon Essense Flare (pbae mezz poison, 700 range, 15 sec duration, 30 min cooldown)
Switch 2 items to get +11 in envenom
Apply poisons -- debuff MH, dot or crippling OH, dot 2h.
Switch items back
Port to RvR location (not important which one).
Switch 3 items - which, with equipped Phoebus Neck, allow for +25% to buffs and +25% to duration
Put on Preserved Crocodile Eye
Use:
Haste barrel (12.5 min duration, 1 min cooldown)
Water breath potion (75min duration, 5 sec cooldown)
Preserved Crocodile Eye (AF charge, 102 value for leather, 12.5 min duration, 1 min cooldown)

Switch all 4 items back.
Move outside the keep, while keeping an eye on timer.
After 1 minute - use either SoM or PH - whichever is up. Let it be PH.
Now we are ready for war.....lets go seek an enemy!
I see stealthed Saracen sneaking by.....i activate Remedy (1 min duration, 5 min cooldown)
Fight starts. Activate Bludgeon (30 sec duration, 5 min cooldown) if Saracen is a Infiltrator, and do not do this if he is Scout or Minstrel.
Activate:
Poisonspike (5 min cooldown)
Parry buff from Viking CL line (1 min duration, 5 min cooldown)
Absorb buff from Viking CL line (1 min duration, 5 min cooldown)
Dmg add from Viking CL line (1 min duration, 5 min cooldown).

Start fight with MH and OH - and after 2-3 swings switch to 2H-OH
The battle continues....Activate Purge 3 (5 min cooldown) if i get stunned - and activate Battler(1 min duration, 15 min cooldown) or Malice (30 sec duration with 15 sec aftermath, 15 min cooldown) if fight goes badly.
Activate Endurance Regen barrel (2 min duration, 1 min cooldown) or Endurance Heal barrel (92 value, 1 min cooldown) if needed.
Ok, suppose the battle is won
Now i have to hide somewhere and heal. Redo steps for poisoning. Use HP heal or HP regen barrel if needed (1 min cooldown).
5 minutes has passed....PH charge is down. Activate SoM (10 min duration, 15 min cooldown).
12.5 minutes passed....Redo steps for applying AF charge and haste.
15 minutes passed....Activate Golden Spear and get a Javelin of Flame (AE dot, 1200 range, 250 area, 2 ticks for 100 dmg each, 30 sec cooldown, 5 charges). Switch OH weapon from GS to Champ weapon. And in 90 seconds after using GS - activate PH again, bcoz SoM is down..

Repeat needed steps when applicable.

Add in into mix ocassional need
to use Stealth Lore,
to use said Javelin of Flame
to switch 2H weapon to other pre-dotted ones from backpack
to switch OH weapon to other one with mezz poison on it.

<whine>
Anyone except me thinks that the game turned into just plain sick war of timered charges and abilities?
</whine>

WTB patch 1.51 when i had a total of 3 timers, which belonged to IP, Purge and First Aid......

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
SB (stealthers in general) with ip.. nope nope ;]

Anyway, you are right. Alot of timer stuff :{

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
or u could just not use all those charges? all u need is like.. waterpot and envenom, and its ur own fault making ur template so u dont have +11 envenom so u gotta swap items.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Spamb0t said:
or u could just not use all those charges? all u need is like.. waterpot and envenom, and its ur own fault making ur template so u dont have +11 envenom so u gotta swap items.

lol, good one :p

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
if your going to go to so much trouble just to get 25% to duration and buff on water pots and charges then its your own fault really.

Rather then spend all that time waiting for timers, just go out there and fight something, if you lose you lose. Its better then wasting 5 minutes reapplying timers just to get zerged regardless and have to do it all again.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
you're missing something, hibs and albs get a buff for free (AF, Haste) if a mid wants to use those nifty Malice or Battler charges from time to time they pretty much need +duration gear.
It's a -huge- difference when you get spec Haste from a healer though.

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Spamb0t said:

Yes, lets make a template so i cant even compete with level 48 rogs ;d

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
Infanity said:
Yes, lets make a template so i cant even compete with level 48 rogs ;d
maybe u should use rogs then?
personaly id rather run around and be a bit gimped with +envenom in template then have to swap items after every god damn fight

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Spamb0t said:
maybe u should use rogs then?
personaly id rather run around and be a bit gimped with +envenom in template then have to swap items after every god damn fight

Na, I'd rather swap items when needed ;d Its not like taking 10 seconds of your time to do it and be a bit better fighting aint worth it ;d

Alyssania

Fledgling Freddie
I think its more problem of some people cant stand losing and will do anything to win in a computer game. I mean if thats fun rvr for you and you claiming there is no other way of winning a fight then go ahead but then your probably one of the people I dont understand that come here to whine about people that run while they winning and happily try to vanish when they losing and sitting out timers all the time. :) Not to mention use all the water bugs there is and problems with bridge towerwalls etc etc etc...

This especially shows on players that are high rr and im really worried for em and dont think I dare to win em since not sure how that would affect their mental health if low rr would actually kill them in rvr after they popped every single charge, ml and ra they have.

But like said play how you like. In daoc now more actives usually means more chances to win and people seem to hate dieing in rvr so there we go. :) If they would take half of those away people that rely winning with all their abilities would be here making this forums explode most likely with their whines how they cant compete anymore.

Alme

Fledgling Freddie
seeing im a hib i get haste from bot, but unless its 100 times worse for a mid i dont really c ure problem. Not like its hard to switch those items for +env and dur etc.. takes a few sec and ure done.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Dunno if theres an equivalent for mids and hibs, but infils can use an MP crossbow with +8 envenom. Qbind it and then you only need to press one button to swap it out, meaning you only need +3 env in template and can apply poisons very quickly.

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
Lethul said:
lol, you really play like that?

Not much better for a Hunter...

Obtain BB buffs
Self cast Soj Water Breathing
Switch in +Buff items
Self cast Spec AF
Switch out +Buff items
Self cast damage add.
Activate MSG arrows.
Wait 1.5 mins and activate BoS weapons
Switch out BoS belt for better belt
Double click GSV to wake it up.
Activate Haste potion (14%) or beg for haste at Vind
Activate SoM or WH
Make sure CW bow is in slot (for end heal).
Wait 1.5 mins Activate TD if in Sniper mode, or switch in Battler if in Melee mode.

Woo hoo now ready.

Cack pants while roaming if IP, Purge and FZ are down.
Sigh if Phase shift down.
Cry if ES is down too.
Pants rechange 2 min.

Guess which class your going to meet first and switch spear accordingly (Heat/Cold/Energy/Thrust etc)
Find r2 scout in rogs start fight
1fg Hibs stun, nuke, nuke, nuke /release.

Repeat.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Cylian said:
welcome to the stealthwars

ive played quite "alot" of stealther last week before i went home, i was "quite" succesful id say and i didnt not go to that "obscene" level. sure i just alot of charges, i managed to beg some sb to give me haste after max 5 min after each login (<3 zaberhut, pilskafts (haste supplier of mid!), illusb). I just spec af, som, ph, sl's. i did not sit and wait for timers to go up before hunting new enemies. i could quite easy kill lots of classes even with some timers down, sometimes i lost cause of it. who cares, shit happends. i rebuffed and went back. i had decent irs, decent rp/hour, pretty much only solo kills. if i had same moral as most stealthers i would prolly get quite alot of more rp's, but i have a bad habit to let enemies rest up after a fight before i take them on :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Spamb0t said:

yeah, i agree...if it was 2 years ago, besides you only really need 1 item with 8 env and 3x1 resist to swap out to when you env
back to the post starter, if you think you have it hard with timers i have about 15 timered charges/abilities.

Jjuraa

Banned
My infil:

buff up
port rvr location
swap in envenom items, envenom weaps
wait for rez sick to fade
use waterpot
use haste charge
wait
use som if up

repeat, i get along fine with that tbh, people like cylian and haldar who rely on having everything up to win simply need to learn how to balence their template a little better, to give a better all round performance rather than a one off, great performance then a 15 minute + cooldown.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
no one said anything about waiting for everything up, but I guess that's yet another poor attempt to flamebait :p

Lethul

FH is my second home
Cylian said:
no one said anything about waiting for everything up, but I guess that's yet another poor attempt to flamebait :p

not flamebaiting at all, hroldar(sp) post pretty much said he was waiting for each ability after each fight ? :p or atleast thats what i made of it.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
it's like

buff up
on the way to the boat, swap out items for AF charge (2min timer)
get on boat, cast CL resists
while on boat fire Haste charge (2min timer)
~entering the Irish Sea fire Shades of Mist
get on land and start looking for a fight

12min later find a safe spot and redo resists and AF
look around a bit
find a quiet corner to redo haste

and while your item-use timer is down, pray no one is going to pop a Battler or Malice charge on you... then it's run like hell :p
(and don't tell me I should stay to fight a merc that battler-debuffed me!) ;)

Gamah

Banned
Doubt cylian needs many charges to kill people, he waits till they are on 50%hp before attacking.

As for me..

On minstrel its mad

Water pots
Haste Charge
End/hp/power heal pots
AT
WH
SOM
CB
Warguard
IP
Purge
SOS
Battler
Malice
Cyclops

to name a few..;/ then you just get everything up and get zerged by 8 rr2's ;d I love daoc.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
- Buff & cure rez illness
- swap envenom items
- apply envenom
- waterbreathing
- FIGHT!

All these AF charges etc ... to hell with them! :)

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
doubt you need all that when you just wait until they're engaged with someone else then add4tehwin, Gamah :p

"All these AF charges etc ... to hell with them!"

that's why most people tell you to repair your armor :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom