On charges, timers, and swappings.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Haldar said:
u have haste on bot - no need for charges.
u have af in PF line, along with DA.

Haste on bot, yes. However, the specAF you need to spec for. To have a decent one, you need 30+ pathfinding. Im 36 PF, and a spec-AF charge > my spec-AF buff.

u dont need to mess with GS and javelins - there's a thing called Recurved Bow for it.

Aye, coz a bow is such a great interrupt-tool... You know, I took a DoT for that, simply because the 2.0 sec hard-time casting-speed > bow-speed. Shadowblades can get a casted spell aswell for interrupts, u dont need GS/Javelins.

no remedy/bludgeon.
u dont need to mess with switch for envenom, envenom itself and pre-poisoned weapons.
no vanish also.
no caring for mezz potions.

U got - ip, fz, ps, speedbuff, DB, each is simple 1-btn thing.

so - who got it harder?

FZ is a simple 1-btn thing, but Remedy/Bludgeon/Vanish isnt huh, please dont make me laugh. When it comes to shear abilities, a ranger has more then an assassin. Ive got quite abit of experience with both, and trust me, a ranger has (and relies) alot more on timered abilities then a NS.

Thing is, assassins are 'out of the box' already quite strong, and to seek an advantage over their enemies (or to come on par), they go use charges.

The 'hard' thing about Shadowblades is that they cant get 1 'special' buff from their shaman in practical RvR, and need to seek a aug-healer for the haste. However, once they've done that, they're on par with the others. Then the others go use a haste-charge/specAF-charge and others have to do that aswell. And the circle continues.

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
Totally agree with first post , this is why you dont see me on nightshade anymore :/

Ivynoxia

One of Freddy's beloved
I do feel it is unfair that mids can't get casted haste or spec AF, apart from the extra costs of having to recharge/refill an extra buff, it must be annoying to have to worry about two important charges.

I just put on my +dur +buff gear on the boat, /use my Preserved Croc Eye and off i go, then keeping SoM ablative on as often as possible, use battler/SL only when i need it. Tbh all that item swapping for poisons has been around for a long time and we're all used to it.

Since most of us use charges it would be nice if the spec AF or haste could be given to all realms via a single buff that didn't time out :/ level the playing field and save all of us the hassle. Let's replace buffbots too with a single buff whilst we're at it, pwetty please. :mad:

ceixava

Fledgling Freddie
wait couple min for ressick to pass (or if going alb/mid just get on the boat)
get buffed
go out
kill/get killed

rinse and repeat

i can understand the need to win but come on 25buff, 25dur?

do you have +25% heal for healprocs too?

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Haldar said:
Anyone except me thinks that the game turned into just plain sick war of timered charges and abilities?

yep, one of the reasons i retired merc. spent more time waiting on charge timers/bl timers/arti timers and ra timers than i did actually having fun....

the other reason was the shift from light-tanks being effective killers to being support/interrupt bots for caster dmg. way too much anti-melee shit in this game these days... and then u can add bugs like strafe/window drag/sm pet and melee lag ontop of them all.

no fun.

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Haldar said:
[warning - whine inside!]

Hroft's day of RvR.

After logging in both Sb and Shaman - switch weapon in 2h slot from champ to Golden Spear.
Buff up.
Summon Essense Flare (pbae mezz poison, 700 range, 15 sec duration, 30 min cooldown)
Switch 2 items to get +11 in envenom
Apply poisons -- debuff MH, dot or crippling OH, dot 2h.
Switch items back
Port to RvR location (not important which one).
Switch 3 items - which, with equipped Phoebus Neck, allow for +25% to buffs and +25% to duration
Put on Preserved Crocodile Eye
Use:
Haste barrel (12.5 min duration, 1 min cooldown)
Water breath potion (75min duration, 5 sec cooldown)
Preserved Crocodile Eye (AF charge, 102 value for leather, 12.5 min duration, 1 min cooldown)

Switch all 4 items back.
Move outside the keep, while keeping an eye on timer.
After 1 minute - use either SoM or PH - whichever is up. Let it be PH.
Now we are ready for war.....lets go seek an enemy!
I see stealthed Saracen sneaking by.....i activate Remedy (1 min duration, 5 min cooldown)
Fight starts. Activate Bludgeon (30 sec duration, 5 min cooldown) if Saracen is a Infiltrator, and do not do this if he is Scout or Minstrel.
Activate:
Poisonspike (5 min cooldown)
Parry buff from Viking CL line (1 min duration, 5 min cooldown)
Absorb buff from Viking CL line (1 min duration, 5 min cooldown)
Dmg add from Viking CL line (1 min duration, 5 min cooldown).

Start fight with MH and OH - and after 2-3 swings switch to 2H-OH
The battle continues....Activate Purge 3 (5 min cooldown) if i get stunned - and activate Battler(1 min duration, 15 min cooldown) or Malice (30 sec duration with 15 sec aftermath, 15 min cooldown) if fight goes badly.
Activate Endurance Regen barrel (2 min duration, 1 min cooldown) or Endurance Heal barrel (92 value, 1 min cooldown) if needed.
Ok, suppose the battle is won
Now i have to hide somewhere and heal. Redo steps for poisoning. Use HP heal or HP regen barrel if needed (1 min cooldown).
5 minutes has passed....PH charge is down. Activate SoM (10 min duration, 15 min cooldown).
12.5 minutes passed....Redo steps for applying AF charge and haste.
15 minutes passed....Activate Golden Spear and get a Javelin of Flame (AE dot, 1200 range, 250 area, 2 ticks for 100 dmg each, 30 sec cooldown, 5 charges). Switch OH weapon from GS to Champ weapon. And in 90 seconds after using GS - activate PH again, bcoz SoM is down..

Repeat needed steps when applicable.

Add in into mix ocassional need
to use Stealth Lore,
to use said Javelin of Flame
to switch 2H weapon to other pre-dotted ones from backpack
to switch OH weapon to other one with mezz poison on it.

<whine>
Anyone except me thinks that the game turned into just plain sick war of timered charges and abilities?
</whine>

WTB patch 1.51 when i had a total of 3 timers, which belonged to IP, Purge and First Aid......

do you really need all this crap to PA someone?
and even if u miss it, the effectiveness of ws/con debuff is enough to give you a strong advantage, not to mention the nifty improvments the crit strike line got in 1.82

tbh, the game is supposed to be fun but i fail to see the fun in your play style

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
Haste on bot, yes. However, the specAF you need to spec for. To have a decent one, you need 30+ pathfinding. Im 36 PF, and a spec-AF charge > my spec-AF buff.

u have an option - lower % selfbuff or charge, which screws timers. SBs dont. Besides, lvl41 spell in PF, if u choose to spec it that high, allows for higher af bonus than standard 75af charge.

Aye, coz a bow is such a great interrupt-tool... You know, I took a DoT for that, simply because the 2.0 sec hard-time casting-speed > bow-speed. Shadowblades can get a casted spell aswell for interrupts, u dont need GS/Javelins.

1) charges usable while riding in zephyr ^^
2) u took that dot CL spell bcoz u dont really need last spell (+5% melee resists) in resists/heal line due to having it on CL weapon. And fighter line is not that appealing to toy bcoz u already got dmg add in PF line.

FZ is a simple 1-btn thing, but Remedy/Bludgeon/Vanish isnt huh, please dont make me laugh.

where did i say that all my abilities are charges which require swaps for full extent?

When it comes to shear abilities, a ranger has more then an assassin. Ive got quite abit of experience with both, and trust me, a ranger has (and relies) alot more on timered abilities then a NS.

has more than assasin - no.
relies on them - perhaps.
I play a Hunter also - and know the difference well enough. they are same in terms of such abilities except your access to Malice and DA in PF line changed to access to dog.

The 'hard' thing about Shadowblades is that they cant get 1 'special' buff from their shaman in practical RvR, and need to seek a aug-healer for the haste. However, once they've done that, they're on par with the others. Then the others go use a haste-charge/specAF-charge and others have to do that aswell. And the circle continues.

imo give
spec af to shamans,
spec af to wardens
spec haste to friars.

so that buff inequality flame whould stop once and for all...

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
do you really need all this crap to PA someone?
and even if u miss it, the effectiveness of ws/con debuff is enough to give you a strong advantage, not to mention the nifty improvments the crit strike line got in 1.82

1. landing PA is not easy thing.
2. tbh, ws/con is largely useless for me. bcoz majority of stealthers spec slash weapons - due to superior artis. old str/con would affects them same way as myself, besides, old 118 s/c debuff debuffed WS for approx 26% - opposed to 19% now, and 118 con is greater than 108. But - i can kill friars easier now, wee.....and debuffed scout will shoot me for less while i ride in the zephyr...
3. improvements in CS line are good, that's no doubt tho.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Haldar said:
2. tbh, ws/con is largely useless for me. bcoz majority of stealthers spec slash weapons - due to superior artis. old str/con would affects them same way as myself, besides, old 118 s/c debuff debuffed WS for approx 26% - opposed to 19% now, and 118 con is greater than 108. But - i can kill friars easier now, wee.....and debuffed scout will shoot me for less while i ride in the zephyr...

You should have stocked up on old str/con debuffs ;)
str/con+ws/con debuff hurts

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
the old Str/Con debuffs got turned into WS/Con debuffs, atleast mine didn't delve as Str/Con anymore :p

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
You should have stocked up on old str/con debuffs
str/con+ws/con debuff hurts

i tried!!

all of them were converted - except those already applied on weapons ofc...

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Haldar said:
i tried!!

all of them were converted - except those already applied on weapons ofc...

hmm mine didn´t... Didn´t stock up though but I had 20ish str/con debuffs left and I have been double debuffed alot of times during the first week.

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
to avoid conversion...

put them
in vault
in backpack
in house chest
in horse saddlebags
on house CM
on alts.

all were converted...

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
sometimes I seriously wonder if we're playing the same game Mani ;)

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Cylian said:
sometimes I seriously wonder if we're playing the same game Mani ;)

hehe :D

Thing is I noticed it when I went to buy new enervating poisons and saw that they didnt stack on the 20ish I already had. So I delved them and the old ones still had str/con and the new ones had the new delve. I also checked some fights where I had double enervating on me.

Only saw this the first week or so though

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
Haldar said:

1. that is what separates a good assasin from a bad one (and u can put bs2 on qbar too... after the patch is worth using :) )
2. plain bullshit... ws/con debuff now kills the offensive abilities not only for blade/blunt but also for pierce users, staff users and archers as well.
19% u say? my ws drops from about 1550 to about 1150, that's around 25-26%

Jox

Fledgling Freddie

I agree with you Haldar, at least a bit. But the game must grow in some direction and I doubt it still would be fun to play without the new toys/abilities.

The only thing I really miss is some sort of charge-timer-icon.

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
1. that is what separates a good assasin from a bad one (and u can put bs2 on qbar too... after the patch is worth using )

guess i am bad assasin - after 4 years of playing and never having less than 34 CS. anyway, that's up to my foes to decide.....

2. plain bullshit... ws/con debuff now kills the offensive abilities not only for blade/blunt but also for pierce users, staff users and archers as well.

doh, did u read my post at all??
pierce users are rare nowadays, so this change is rather useless vs them.
staff users -- friars are vary rare also. as OPed melee mages.
archers - well, they are to melee me if i debuff them, not shoot.

19% u say? my ws drops from about 1550 to about 1150, that's around 25-26%

didnt know that. inherent bonus of 25% due to speccing perhaps? wonder what con part of debuff is now..

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
you make it sound so hard xD i just login, get buffs from bot, use 1 arti charge to shapeshift and go out

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom