On charges, timers, and swappings.

Gustav

One of Freddy's beloved
Cylian said:
doubt you need all that when you just wait until they're engaged with someone else then add4tehwin, Gamah :p

repped!

He forgot to add his resist buffs and that he SoS's home to wait for recharge upon dumping them all on each fight.

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
or u could just not use all those charges? all u need is like.. waterpot and envenom, and its ur own fault making ur template so u dont have +11 envenom so u gotta swap items.

75 af charge ~= +13% to defence
20% haste ~= +14% to offence.

total = + 27% melee power.

extra 2.7 relics.

any more questions?

Rather then spend all that time waiting for timers, just go out there and fight something, if you lose you lose. Its better then wasting 5 minutes reapplying timers just to get zerged regardless and have to do it all again.

well...i'd like to lose to superior RR/skill of my opponent, or, at least, RNG. Not to unuse of some stupid buff.

I think its more problem of some people cant stand losing and will do anything to win in a computer game. I mean if thats fun rvr for you and you claiming there is no other way of winning a fight then go ahead but then your probably one of the people I dont understand that come here to whine about people that run while they winning and happily try to vanish when they losing and sitting out timers all the time. Not to mention use all the water bugs there is and problems with bridge towerwalls etc etc etc...

I think its more problem of some people cant stand losing and will do anything to win in a computer game. I mean if thats fun rvr for you and you claiming there is no other way of winning a fight then go ahead but then your probably one of the people I dont understand that come here to whine about people that run while they winning and happily try to vanish when they losing and sitting out timers all the time. Not to mention use all the water bugs there is and problems with bridge towerwalls etc etc etc...

Do /stats rp at primetime. Mostly folks there range from 40k - and up. And i very rarely see any stealther name there. Playing one requires more efforts to gain in rank than group-friendly visible chars.

That's why we dont like to donate rps at will - and put lots of efforts into char him/herself..

This especially shows on players that are high rr and im really worried for em and dont think I dare to win em since not sure how that would affect their mental health if low rr would actually kill them in rvr after they popped every single charge, ml and ra they have.

/em wipes sweat from forehead

1 less enemy to worry about. weee!!!! :p

lol, you really play like that?

yep. else i wouldnt write it all.

tho now i've got back my 2nd comp and reactivated haste bot acc. also i rarely use FA charge now with irvr, coz this advantage is rarely needed - i either kill enemy np, or some fg arrives and....say, finishes fight quickly.

back to the post starter, if you think you have it hard with timers i have about 15 timered charges/abilities.

do u swap stuff around also?

repeat, i get along fine with that tbh, people like cylian and haldar who rely on having everything up to win simply need to learn how to balence their template a little better, to give a better all round performance rather than a one off, great performance then a 15 minute + cooldown.

i get 5 min cooldown on average - as i dont need battler/malice every fight, and most of my abilities have 5 min timer.

as for template...current set has 97str/99con, 50af, 388hp, 10/10/10 toa bonuses, 4 skills cap, PH, and all needed resists.

not flamebaiting at all, hroldar(sp) post pretty much said he was waiting for each ability after each fight ? or atleast thats what i made of it.

1. i am Haldar.
2. as i said - 5 minutes. anyway this time needed to regen hp between battles - so it is rarely pointless waiting.

But this sheer number of abilities is crap.

Haste Charge
End/hp/power heal pots
AT
WH
SOM
CB

erm...why AT? shapechange?

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
Haldar said:
75 af charge ~= +13% to defence
20% haste ~= +14% to offence.
total = + 27% melee power.
extra 2.7 relics.
any more questions?
if u feel like wasting ur time and money on charges go ahead, but dont come here whining about it.
i often run around unbuffed cause i cba to login bot... dont really give a crap if i get killed in 2 hits
and never have i waited for ressickness to go away, who the hell cares about that ;o just annoying u move slower with it now, especially after 2-3deaths ;-(

auroria

Banned
Spamb0t said:
if u feel like wasting ur time and money on charges go ahead, but dont come here whining about it.
i often run around unbuffed cause i cba to login bot... dont really give a crap if i get killed in 2 hits
and never have i waited for ressickness to go away, who the hell cares about that ;o just annoying u move slower with it now, especially after 2-3deaths ;-(
agree, cba to care for all that shit, i use on zerk my af charge (and on sham etc) when i go out in rvr, then i use haste if i didnt leach a buff, then som/wh/ph whatever. really, do u mind dying that much?

auroria

Banned
Lethul said:
ive played quite "alot" of stealther last week before i went home, i was "quite" succesful id say and i didnt not go to that "obscene" level. sure i just alot of charges, i managed to beg some sb to give me haste after max 5 min after each login (<3 zaberhut, pilskafts (haste supplier of mid!), illusb). I just spec af, som, ph, sl's. i did not sit and wait for timers to go up before hunting new enemies. i could quite easy kill lots of classes even with some timers down, sometimes i lost cause of it. who cares, shit happends. i rebuffed and went back. i had decent irs, decent rp/hour, pretty much only solo kills. if i had same moral as most stealthers i would prolly get quite alot of more rp's, but i have a bad habit to let enemies rest up after a fight before i take them on :(
thats exactly how i do on zerk!

Ethild

Fledgling Freddie
This one time, I even waited for rez sick to cool off before I ran out.

Light

Loyal Freddie
well this is why people like myself don't like running into people like Hroft's sb .. as it hurts :) .. nothing wrong with playing a char to its best ability - and would be even better if it didnt require such a ritual to do so

even the most basic stuff i still find is now a bit over the top - bot - do all 7/8 buffs, water pot, cl resists, som/wh, turn on speed and sometimes switch in bracer - haste - switch backout ...... ZZzz

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
it is your own choice to minmax to that extreme level. On NS I use specAFcharge on boattrip, then another charge like SoM if up when i have arrived, and pretty much ready to fight then after i applied poisons. SL if up now and then and endpots vs tougher enemys, I dont bother much with running away and hiding when using charges n stuff either, I normally just pop em right where I am unless its obvious suicide. Thats pretty much it and I do ok at least. Less timers as a pierceNS ofc though \o>

I wouldnt stand playing that way for a week.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Light said:
well this is why people like myself don't like running into people like Hroft's sb .. as it hurts :) .. nothing wrong with playing a char to its best ability - and would be even better if it didnt require such a ritual to do so

even the most basic stuff i still find is now a bit over the top - bot - do all 7/8 buffs, water pot, cl resists, som/wh, turn on speed and sometimes switch in bracer - haste - switch backout ...... ZZzz

dont you worry, soon enough you will see it hurts to run into me aswell ;)

Xajorkith

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
it is your own choice to minmax to that extreme level. On NS I use specAFcharge on boattrip, then another charge like SoM if up when i have arrived, and pretty much ready to fight then after i applied poisons. SL if up now and then and endpots vs tougher enemys, I dont bother much with running away and hiding when using charges n stuff either, I normally just pop em right where I am unless its obvious suicide. Thats pretty much it and I do ok at least. Less timers as a pierceNS ofc though \o>

I wouldnt stand playing that way for a week.

That's easy for you to say when you're an OP FoTM at the top of the stealther tree... some of us down the bottom need to MinMax to be competitive :)

Gamah

Banned
Gustav said:
repped!

He forgot to add his resist buffs and that he SoS's home to wait for recharge upon dumping them all on each fight.

LOL! good one.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Jesus all the time you stealthers spend on buffing and timers and downtime etc - why dont you just log out and roll another toon and level that to 50 while you wait between fights - might have a decent char in a week ;)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Xajorkith said:
That's easy for you to say when you're an OP FoTM at the top of the stealther tree... some of us down the bottom need to MinMax to be competitive :)

That was actually abit funny :)

pierceNS topdog FoTM, hoho :D (fyi, PierceNS kinda sucks atm and 1.83 makes it even worse^^)

I used to minmax aswell but I really cant be arsed anymore, the cost doesnt outweigh the benefit in this case imo, its more an issue of what you jump, when you jump, where you jump :) Not if specAF will last 2mins longer or not.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
On ranger its easy:

Login, while druid-bot is logged in at the same time. Do all 4 bases, 4 spec-buffs (dmg-shield aswell!). Switch in stardrop, do specAF buff from Pathfinding, dmg-add and waterbuff, and the CL3 and CL4 resists. Switch back in the Eeries Stone instead of Stardrop. Hit either SoM, or Winged Helmet while running out.

On inc bash randomly ice-storm followed by either battler, malice-axe, ip, purge, FZ, braggarts use2 or combine to a lethal combo (dumpfest xD). Collect the rps, heal up (hail the CL2 heal!) and repeat till u die :)

If you think you got too many charges, just use less. Dont envenom your weapons, dont use haste and spec-AF and you're good to go xDDD

Light

Loyal Freddie
Shike said:
its more an issue of what you jump, when you jump, where you jump :) Not if specAF will last 2mins longer or not.

give me mos then i would agree :p

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Im not that bothered with all the timers, its just that winning a fight is more about who got what timers up instead of pure fighting.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Aloca said:
Im not that bothered with all the timers, its just that winning a fight is more about who got what timers up instead of pure fighting.

spot on!

in the good ol' days you logged in and went out to the frontiers... no buffing, no RAs, no timers :x

Light

Loyal Freddie
Aloca said:

so true

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Haldar said:
[warning - whine inside!]

Hroft's day of RvR.

After logging in both Sb and Shaman - switch weapon in 2h slot from champ to Golden Spear.
Buff up.
Summon Essense Flare (pbae mezz poison, 700 range, 15 sec duration, 30 min cooldown)
Switch 2 items to get +11 in envenom
Apply poisons -- debuff MH, dot or crippling OH, dot 2h.
Switch items back
Port to RvR location (not important which one).
Switch 3 items - which, with equipped Phoebus Neck, allow for +25% to buffs and +25% to duration
Put on Preserved Crocodile Eye
Use:
Haste barrel (12.5 min duration, 1 min cooldown)
Water breath potion (75min duration, 5 sec cooldown)
Preserved Crocodile Eye (AF charge, 102 value for leather, 12.5 min duration, 1 min cooldown)

Switch all 4 items back.
Move outside the keep, while keeping an eye on timer.
After 1 minute - use either SoM or PH - whichever is up. Let it be PH.
Now we are ready for war.....lets go seek an enemy!
I see stealthed Saracen sneaking by.....i activate Remedy (1 min duration, 5 min cooldown)
Fight starts. Activate Bludgeon (30 sec duration, 5 min cooldown) if Saracen is a Infiltrator, and do not do this if he is Scout or Minstrel.
Activate:
Poisonspike (5 min cooldown)
Parry buff from Viking CL line (1 min duration, 5 min cooldown)
Absorb buff from Viking CL line (1 min duration, 5 min cooldown)
Dmg add from Viking CL line (1 min duration, 5 min cooldown).

Start fight with MH and OH - and after 2-3 swings switch to 2H-OH
The battle continues....Activate Purge 3 (5 min cooldown) if i get stunned - and activate Battler(1 min duration, 15 min cooldown) or Malice (30 sec duration with 15 sec aftermath, 15 min cooldown) if fight goes badly.
Activate Endurance Regen barrel (2 min duration, 1 min cooldown) or Endurance Heal barrel (92 value, 1 min cooldown) if needed.
Ok, suppose the battle is won
Now i have to hide somewhere and heal. Redo steps for poisoning. Use HP heal or HP regen barrel if needed (1 min cooldown).
5 minutes has passed....PH charge is down. Activate SoM (10 min duration, 15 min cooldown).
12.5 minutes passed....Redo steps for applying AF charge and haste.
15 minutes passed....Activate Golden Spear and get a Javelin of Flame (AE dot, 1200 range, 250 area, 2 ticks for 100 dmg each, 30 sec cooldown, 5 charges). Switch OH weapon from GS to Champ weapon. And in 90 seconds after using GS - activate PH again, bcoz SoM is down..

Repeat needed steps when applicable.

Add in into mix ocassional need
to use Stealth Lore,
to use said Javelin of Flame
to switch 2H weapon to other pre-dotted ones from backpack
to switch OH weapon to other one with mezz poison on it.

<whine>
Anyone except me thinks that the game turned into just plain sick war of timered charges and abilities?
</whine>

WTB patch 1.51 when i had a total of 3 timers, which belonged to IP, Purge and First Aid......

Play a melee ranger then you can come back and whine about timed charges.

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
Play a melee ranger then you can come back and whine about timed charges.

u have haste on bot - no need for charges.
u have af in PF line, along with DA.
u dont need to mess with GS and javelins - there's a thing called Recurved Bow for it.
no remedy/bludgeon.
u dont need to mess with switch for envenom, envenom itself and pre-poisoned weapons.
no vanish also.
no caring for mezz potions.

U got - ip, fz, ps, speedbuff, DB, each is simple 1-btn thing.

so - who got it harder?

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
the real challenge here isnt to use timers and abilities, its NOT using them and still win a fight.
The feeling of winning a fight when the opponent dumps on u and u dont use anyting is priceless,

I try to avoid using abilities on timers to see how a stand against some opponents only using em as a counter or if i got several oppononts on me or need to do a quick kill to avoid beeing zerged, lol i even thinking of respecing out of purge II as i dont use it very much.

Thou if im loosing im cursing as hell blaming myself for not using PS or battler charge so i need to train on getting more triggerhappy on my timers. Any SBs with a good advice? :p

MaCaBr3

Banned
I think some people in this thread forgot to the timer for creating fun in this game.

Varg_exc

Fledgling Freddie
Its abit silly with all these timers, just recently started playing abit again and its worse then ever.

One gets used to it fast though, and the barrels is a huge invention!

I would like to see abit less fiddling around with buffbots and buffs though, and would love to see some development efforts in that direction.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
my going to RVR whit ranger....

cast self af and self dmg add buff.
cast cl resists
cast water breathe
port some where (and take a boat to somewhere 99% of the time)
during boatride... use2 scalars
end of boatride .... use som

and then Pwn stuff to pieces :p

i dont use AF charges... dont get buffbonus or dur items or enything.. dont need to sawp for envenom either

dont feel the need for it adn its too much hassel

Punishment

Resident Freddy
This is simply the way things are if u want to win :D

Otherwise maybe forget the buffs altogether and go out to rvr in old epic ... Roleplay ftw !

But generally the I WIN button comes with a 10 min RUT all things aside ;)

P.S. I've spent more money on spec af charges and pots than my old template cost me :(

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Cylian said:
wait until you see the repair bill! :D

ZOMG Noessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss :(

7plat to repair 6 Artis on 96% con ... Every 2nd week ... ftw !

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
got far too many things in a fight now...always forget bludgeon.. ofc with the new armour tables bludgeon not alot of use to sbs....let us specc in hammer :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom