oi! eot! naaah!

TedTheDog

Fred's & Barry's co-founder
Whilst I'm happy you guys feel you have the freedom in here to express yourselves, the mods are becoming increasingly irked by some of the regulars in this forum.
So its probably best if I explain a few things so everyone knows where they stand, before the wheels fall off, so to speak.

Being a moderator does mean taking a little stress from the regulars, its part of the dynamic and is one of the reasons why mods are hard to come by. It also means you get to be the bad guy far more than most other posters.

But its still a hobby and they dont have to take mod baiting and the like, and the stupid arguing about decisions. Because Freds isnt a commercial organisation we have looser rules than many forums and hopefully thats something you all appreciate, but it doesnt mean we dont have rules or wont impose them. The very fact that I'm trying to give you all "Fair Warning" should reassure you we dont actually want to stop your fun, we just want you to respect the job we have to do. At the end of the day, Deebs and I own this place and the buck stops here and we NEED the mods and we'll protect them if we have to, so please dont push it or we'll give them far more freedom to ban than we do now.

Anyway, hope you appreciate what I'm trying to say here. Its not about changing your ways, its about respecting the limits and standards here and respecting those that give their time to maintain them.

Finally on a more specific note using a disability like Downs as a source of entertainment is not going to be tolerated at all. A very close friend of mine has a daughter with Downs and I never want to be embarressed by a thread like that again. Theres no hidden meanings or subtle humour in the subject matter and in future sinners will simply be banned for good.

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Well all I have to say on the subject is :

:wub: Ted!

/edit damn I posted that quick, IBTL!

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
Luckily none of that applies to me.

oh wait... hang on it only applies to like 2-3 individuals. Then when you say 'mods' you clearly mean a certain one mod, who is so unbelievably biased that its just not funny. I used to post every time he/she/it treated us one way then treated a certain other forum a lot more nicely (in the same circumstances), but eventually a certain other (nicer) mod told me to stop, so I did. Then again she also told me that once the forum had settled and everyone had moved across, the before-mentioned mod would stop pocking his/her/its nose in in here.

Ah... nice and vague.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Tbh just ban Ala, and fh will be a better place and it'll go back to what it once was...a place without Ala.

Peace.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
is that a real question garnet or are you being idiotic?

stop wasting the mods time with such remarks.

edit by request: lol :)

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
I wasn't commenting on Down's as a source of entertainment, i was just commenting on a thought i had.

I wasn't mocking them, just a thought about them.

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
Aoami said:
Tbh just ban Ala, and fh will be a better place and it'll go back to what it once was...a place without Ala.

Peace.

Oh that's really helpful Aoami, thanks. :(

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
~throws Aoami a barbie doll and tells him to stop acting like a bitch~

I try to be good! Lord knows I trrrrrry!! :mad:

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Sissyfoo said:
~throws Aoami a barbie doll and tells him to stop acting like a bitch~

I try to be good! Lord knows I trrrrrry!! :mad:

When people act like bitches around me i tend to do the same. It's simple, remove the roots and the leaves will wilt.

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
As you can see Ted, we have all taken on board what you have to say and will think long and hard about it.

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Aoami said:
When people act like bitches around me i tend to do the same. It's simple, remove the roots and the leaves will wilt.

How very zen. I guess that is what the mods had in mind when they banned you for acting like a tit? :fluffle:

Alkoran

One of Freddy's beloved
Aoami said:

I take offence at that analogy!

TedTheDog

BlitheringIdiot said:
As you can see Ted, we have all taken on board what you have to say and will think long and hard about it.

Heh, in between bitching at each other you mean?
Anyway, I tried.

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
TedTheDog said:
Heh, in between bitching at each other you mean?
Anyway, I tried.
So that means you can walk away with clean hands and vote 'yes' to deleting this forum? :(

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
You really need to open a can of napalm on this forum. Its a festering cess pool.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Sissyfoo said:
You really need to open a can of napalm on this forum. Its a festering cess pool.

tbh there are probably a couple of people who need a permaban due to persistant modbaiting and peraonally i think the mods need to be more strict, eot used to be fun, now it's just a bitchfest beweeen half a dozen individuals and a place for people to spam.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
It was like that before Ala turned up. A co-incidence? I think not.

TedTheDog

BlitheringIdiot said:
So that means you can walk away with clean hands and vote 'yes' to deleting this forum? :(

I think perhaps your level of paranoia is beyond normal levels, this isnt about the forum, its about certain people pushing too hard in the wrong direction.

What I'm trying to say, amongst the babble that is drowning me out, is that certain people on these forums are acting in an unacceptable way and this particular forum seems to be home to most of them. Rather than delete the forum we'd much rather ask the individuals to stop before we effectively delete them, instead of the forum.

Most forums would simply shoot first and ask questions later, we're doing it the other way round.

Anyway, I hear more snow is on the way.

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
5 bannings in one night/morning ;) I think its safe to say we got the message.

Deleting eOT is an option though, and one that I've heard a fair few mods (both DAoC and super-ulta-ninja-mods) suggest, so its hardly that paranoid to expect it to happen.

TeaSpoon

Fledgling Freddie
BlitheringIdiot said:

Deleting eOT is an option though, and one that I've heard a fair few mods (both DAoC and super-ulta-ninja-mods) suggest, so its hardly that paranoid to expect it to happen.

Well it seems it would solve alot of problems. Would be a shame.

Personally I think the mods need to lay out a hard handed slap to deflate some ego's...

Boobz

Loyal Freddie
"stop before we effectively delete them, instead of the forum."

AMAGAAAD THEY ARE GOING TO MURDER TEH BAITERS! :m00:

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
BlitheringIdiot said:

Deletion of these forums has never been an option TTD / Deebs has made that clear in plenty of posts BI. Just relax.

Ziva

Fluffy
I can't believe some of the posts in this friendly warning thread.

Oh well, can't say you never got warned :D And i think it's more lightly ex OT looses some of it's community members then closing the forum. But it seems you prefer this apparently :eek7:

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Ooo I was the first to post, and I was so uber fast it wasn't even a sticky then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom