Oi. Parents.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So. Had a friend's wife in a long discussion with me this evening. He's hit 50 (birthday trip) and they have a couple of kids.

He does a vocational job (and is amongst the top in his field doing it) but earns fuck all and she does well financially in a job she enjoys.

So, she's unhappy that she feels trapped that when she wanted more time off that wasn't achievable because of the wage disparity.

My first, genuine, vocal reaction was "welcome to the man's world". But I feel pretty bad about that being a bit reaction (cause you don't think with your gut, generally).

So, how far off is my gut feeling?

**Been drinking

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Hah, had the same discussion with some older colleagues just yesterday. He's 55 and she's 52. She told him he can't retire, they need the money to pay for daighters education (she is first year university, she's planning on doing a masters after her Bachelor, so another 5 years).

I joked that you can retire when they put you in the ground.

Anyway, if your mates missus was single, could she retire? Or is she trapped because she didn't find a man that earned enough to look after her?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Doesnt matter who the major bread earner is. They have to keep going and get stuck with the holiday allowance until the pair are ina position to quit work and live comfortably.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The wife does 3 days a week in charge of a department at a school.
I think it equates to 120 days of work per year...butnow she has decided I need to help her more with housework.
Im like wtf, OK my job isnt exactly full time but I do work most days and Im always fixing something for the whole utterly technically incompetent family of hers.
Her mums lights, her brothers tap, her sisters bluetooth, her mates bike, her uncles door lock.
Fuck..women..they just bounce through life on emotion and blinkers.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Communicate a bit better perhaps? :)

Is it unpaid leave she wants to take?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
So. Had a friend's wife in a long discussion with me this evening. He's hit 50 (birthday trip) and they have a couple of kids.

He does a vocational job (and is amongst the top in his field doing it) but earns fuck all and she does well financially in a job she enjoys.

So, she's unhappy that she feels trapped that when she wanted more time off that wasn't achievable because of the wage disparity.

My first, genuine, vocal reaction was "welcome to the man's world". But I feel pretty bad about that being a bit reaction (cause you don't think with your gut, generally).

**Been drinking
Too many good gags to be had here. Resisting...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Too many good gags to be had here. Resisting...
Never resist.

In the cold hard light of (sober) day, I'm pretty unsympathetic. Yes, people should have more choice over their lives rather than be bound into wage slavery (which we are) - but a lot of women do get an easier ride whilst their higher-earning husbands are locked into work, many of which hate their jobs. So the actual thing to be miffed about is the wage-slavery bit, not the fact that women are now beginning to feel as trapped as men have been...

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The daughters boyfriend is going through it now...hes a lovely lad, modest, caring, thoughtful.
His family are the classic rag to riches Cypriot immigrants and he works his ass off to keep her comfortable...as in buying a freaking 250K apartment outright...she tootles round in his Merc while he goes to work in a van...but still its not enough...she feels smothered, doesnt know what she wants...turns up back home every few months and hes in bits.
Just had him on the phone cos she says its all too much for her living as an adult.
Holy fuk...I blame all these Housewives reality shows that she watches 24/7.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

**Been drinking

To be honest, these days usually both parents are in the same boat, but yeah, equality means women will have to suck it up the way men have since forever.

Hah, had the same discussion with some older colleagues just yesterday. He's 55 and she's 52. She told him he can't retire, they need the money to pay for daighters education (she is first year university, she's planning on doing a masters after her Bachelor, so another 5 years).

I think its perfectly reasonable for parents to pay for a bachelors' degree but a masters? Fuck that. Get a job or a sponsor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom