oh ye weather gods

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Sticking your head out the window and guessing is more accurate than the met office.

If you are out, you are out, who cares whether it is raining, that is what tarps are for.
Trying to hedge bets. Stuff we'll be doing will be much nicer if we can get cloudy rather than rainy.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Trying to pick North Wales or Lake District this weekend. Weather look similar on teh beeb but Barmouth and Keswick look vastly different on Google :/

Who finds what more accurate?

The Met office is most reliable, BBC's weather is driven from the Met. Always do your own assessment of pressure charts.

Google weather and apple weather apps are cancerous AIDS.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I use darksky, it shows you live weather radar and wind direction, as well as a bunch of other stuff.

Sure if it STARTS raining, then you'll get showers but that's pretty much what the %precip you see on most sites is anyway.

Dark Sky Maps

old.user4556

Live radars and wind direction also great. Lightningmaps.org - also good for real-time avoidance of storms.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Talking about weather, sum Swedish professor have concluded that sunscreen simply blocks the burn, but not the damaging waves that cause malign melanoma. If this is true, i would love to see the companies delivering on these goods to pay up!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not quite after real-time. Want to know highest percentage chance of rain for N.Wales and LD for Sat/Sun as of, say, tomorrow afternoon :)

old.user4556

Not quite after real-time. Want to know highest percentage chance of rain for N.Wales and LD for Sat/Sun as of, say, tomorrow afternoon :)

Met office do mountain reports - do you have the name of the closest peak? Met office app gives your forecast for that, I've always found it reliable for Munros so should be good for YOUR PATHETIC ENGLISH HILLS.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Followed by a month or two of this!

full-body-cast-traction.jpg

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I'd like to think that @TdC has learned how fragile he is in immune system and body and doesn't try things that have even the slightest chance of injuring him. Like moving at above walking pace. :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I'm only going car camping this time, with some townies. I will however be cooking their dinner on the fire pit.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Talking about weather, sum Swedish professor have concluded that sunscreen simply blocks the burn, but not the damaging waves that cause malign melanoma. If this is true, i would love to see the companies delivering on these goods to pay up!

You need to make sure your sunscreen blocks both uva and uvb light. If it does then you won't burn and you won't get melanoma damage

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Meh. I'll take my chances. There's no way I can avoid it when I'm out on the bike - and if I use sunscreen I sweat it into my eyes and it stings to fuckery.

So, I'll take the small chance of skin cancer on the chin and make up for it by being a relatively pious bastard elsewhere - in the knowledge that diet and exercise is great protection against other more prevelant forms of cancer, so what I'm losing by being out in the sun I'm also gaining by being out in the sun :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You know, the solution to that would be to just not put it around your eyes? It isn't going to sweat into your eyes from your arms.

Edit, not that I always bother with sun screen, unless its in the high 20s.

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yep. I could slap it on my body but I'd have to leave the entire upper part of my head (for rivers literally pour off it into my eyes when pushing hard) and my arms/hands - as they're regularly used to remove the salty sweat from my vision.

That would leave me a white bloke with a two-tone head and red arms. Fuck that! :)

old.user4556

I get the same problem hill walking in the summer - it runs off my face and stings my eyes badly. Going over to cream-for-poofs with hypolollerbollocks doesn't make a difference.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Meh. I'll take my chances. There's no way I can avoid it when I'm out on the bike - and if I use sunscreen I sweat it into my eyes and it stings to fuckery.

So, I'll take the small chance of skin cancer on the chin and make up for it by being a relatively pious bastard elsewhere - in the knowledge that diet and exercise is great protection against other more prevelant forms of cancer, so what I'm losing by being out in the sun I'm also gaining by being out in the sun :)

Or buy some that doesn't run into your eyes.

P20 Sunfilter 100ml SPF 50+

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I only really bother with suncream if it's 30 degrees plus, otherwise it is for gayers.

old.user4556

You've clearly never skied up a glacier then (not that temperature has anything to do with it anyway).

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
You've clearly never skied up a glacier then (not that temperature has anything to do with it anyway).

Well no, becuase skiing is for losers. I've boarded down one before though, didn't need suncream, as the inherent coolness of being on a snowboard kept my skin from burning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom