Ogre Beach is (was??) bugg abuse :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red HATred

Fledgling Freddie
Customer (zorro) 12/06/2004 11:19 AM
good morning,

i have a question to ask you

The spot off the "crime" is the event on The beach side near Caer diogel.

My question now:

this event is about a war between Ogres and orcs, after killing all the orcs...players can reactivate the event to make the orcs respawn extremely fast. This enables them to kill loads off mobs at an enourmous ratio.

Can this way off levelling and xp'ing be considered as an abuse of this event, or not?

The event can be terminated by killing the Ogre leader from the squads.

Response (CM_EN) 12/06/2004 11:26 AM
Hello,

I know that in 1.71 you can not make the orcs spawn so fast so yes it is concidered bug abuse to do so.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

-----------------------
so we're 1.71 , havent been there.. dunno if things have changed...

pbaz

Fledgling Freddie
Red HATred said:
so we're 1.71 , havent been there.. dunno if things have changed...

Unchanged. Working as intended. Unchanged in live US patch, too.

And why the QQ about a spot that has a fast repop? I don't understand why you'd want to complain about a camp that's isolated, harms no-one and lets your realm level up as quickly as possible (and let's ignore the fact that the camp is "down" much more often than it's "up").

I'm sure I'm missing some vital information - maybe you can clarify for me?

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Only Captain Dimwit would complain about such a "bug".

wtg Irontard, you abused it long enough but don't want others to do the same...HYPOCRYTE.

pbaz

Fledgling Freddie
elbeek said:
wtg Irontard, you abused it long enough but don't want others to do the same...HYPOCRYTE.

To be fair, afaik he only learnt about this camp relatively recently. Certainly I've never seen him camped there (although my playtimes are super weird, so I could have missed him :)).

But I'm as confused as you why anyone would want to appeal such a "bug"...

Cyviel

Fledgling Freddie
wouldnt suprise me if this was his attempt to get people not to camp it so he can abuse it for himself.

Galoma

Fledgling Freddie
no matter what GOA says.... it can be done... its been "official" on the boards for months.... so its not a surprice.... if its ilegal they would make it imposibel in first comming patch... :m00:

tbh i can't C them takeing any actions (baned/deletion)against this, since its used and common on ALL servers... :clap:

and if any1 thinks he/she is the police forch on the server and kill the tricker for the pl... he/she is just a tard who needs his brains adjusted!!! :wanker:

Dalmar-Hume

Fledgling Freddie
despite your high morals about abusing bugs id expect you have abused dozens of bugs either known or unknown

a few examples of bugs i know
1) Barrows advisor room - iirc the pathing here was v bad allowing you to nuke at safe range with very little threat

2) Pygmy/tree chains - chain pulling was a feature that wasnt intended and was fixed ? how many of us lvled to 50 in this way ?

3) teleport holes - holes in dungeons walls/floors allowing quick transport to bindstone

so really we are all guilty of some form of bug abusing at one point or another so dont try to take a moral high ground regarding ogre spawn

oh and another thing - just because you posted that e-mail here doesnt actually mean its real - it would be very easy to just make that yourself fo whatever reason

Marc

FH is my second home
lol of course the Email is fake. Offical emails from GOA have far better english and dont contain spelling mistakes.

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Marc said:
lol of course the Email is fake. Offical emails from GOA have far better english and dont contain spelling mistakes.

oops i missed that typo in which case... Ironheart you have reached new depths in stupidity.

Marc

FH is my second home
and there is no punctuation. The emails ive seen from goa, have punctuation where necessary.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Customer (Golena) 21/01/2005 4:57 PM
good afternoon,

i have a question to ask you

What are GOA doing to balance the current population problem that exists on the excaliber server

Response (CM_EN) 21/01/2005 4:59 PM
Hello,

Thank you for your question. In order to attract new players to Midgard and Hibernia, GOA have implemented a new subgame on the excaliber server. Hidden somewhere in the frontier zone is a new mob. This mob is only killable by characters from Midgard and Hibernia. In order to make the mob harder to find we have stealthed it adding to the challenge. Because we are currently busy trying to solve lag issues we gave the coding to our work experience recruit. Since he was only with us for a week and had limited knowledge of the game code he created the mob by simply copying and pasting graphics from various artifacts at random onto the body of an albion race. This mob is worth realm points much like other albs due to a coding error, no plans are in place to fix this as yet as we expect the mob to be killed so often that it should normally only be worth reduced realm points.
In order to avert the predictable Alb whine about being left out again we created a subquest for them as well. In the case of an albion finding the mob Alb points will be awarded for sticking, followed by typing the command /yell and /hug. Double points can be earned for 5 or more people doing this at the same time in range of a bodyguarded pbaoe Hib or Mid class.
Unfortunately our work experience recruit had to go back to school before he could design an addition to the interface to show Alb points earned. This should be addressed in a future patch. In the case you fail to get a message informing you you have earned Alb points, post a screenshot here and the GOA team will credit your account accordingly.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

pbaz

Fledgling Freddie
The typo I can forgive.

It's the seven minute response time that makes me giggle...

<Screen fades to black>

Somewhere in GOA HQ, an alarm echoes through the corridors. "QUICK!", screams the Excal GM. "It's another Rightnow from Ironheart, get that reply out NOW, NOW, NOW!". As the crack team of Rightnow gurus scurry to their terminals, the GM allows himself a tight little smile at another job well done.

<Screen fades to black>

;)

Ging

Part of the furniture
Lol - i must be stupid but i see absolutly no reason for this thread, wtf would anyone consider even making shit shit up?

It is beyond comprehension!!!!

Good to see my toon is loved :)

Golena said:
good afternoon,

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Btw not only did/does irontard farm the orcs at orc beach but if someone else is farming them he tells them to let him xp or he kills the trigger ogre.

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
if this mail is fake, i can see nothing other then a perma ban on Irontard. Mods to your jobb.

Tilda

Oboy said:
if this mail is fake, i can see nothing other then a perma ban on Irontard. Mods to your jobb.
I've checked, its not fake.

Funkybunny

Banned
hehehehehehehehe that n00b and his guildmates is the ones holding that spawn 24/7...

my advice is to anyone who is nearby and see keepers of the light ppl "bugabusing"... just run up and kill the leader :)

pbaz

Fledgling Freddie
Funkybunny said:
my advice is to anyone who is nearby and see keepers of the light ppl "bugabusing"... just run up and kill the leader :)

I know where you're coming from, but please remember there can be an 8-12 hour repop on the event (after raising the alarm at Krondon).

My advice is that everyone just leave the trigger alone, no matter who is camping it. Some of the US servers have actually trashed this camp (without question the best PL spot available to us in Albion) because of petty internal "warfare" over who has the camp. We could lose many, many, many hours of possible PL if we (as a realm) descend to the level some of the US servers have hit.

Respect the camp. Leave the trigger up 24/7. And in the long run, we all benefit. :)

pbaz

Fledgling Freddie
DOH! I forgot that scouts are the only class that can be PL'ed. :(

It would, of course, also be pointless using this spot to level: BoM, BoS, Bracer of Zo, CTR, Erinys, Eternal Plant, Gem of Lost Memories, Goddess Neck, Jacinas, Kalare's, Night Shroud Bracer, Orion's Belt, Ring of Unyielding Will and Stone of Atlantis. :(

Marc

FH is my second home
I agree with Tilda. it is now impossible to have a fg v fg fight anywhere without a token scout add.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Serious now: Who cares about a few mobs in some far-out zone in SI ?

I cannot imagine GOA will ban people for killing mobs in a certain order if it doesnt involve some sort of 'cheating' or grieving. To me it would be considered grieving when you are camping the spawn and someone kills the named willingly to ruin your XP.

That's just me tho; im not GOA. But is it really a problem to *YOU* when *SOMEONE ELSE* is getting good XP?

Peeps who moan about someone else getting good XP and cant show common decency are the unguilded cabalists who 2-years ago pulled the pygme-spawn and ruining XP for 2-3 fg level 40~.

Don't think I need to remind anyone how much problems that gave back in the days. All that fighting for some experience is silly IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom