[INFO] Official Updates Discussion

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Somehow I think nothing has gone how Mark Jacobs planned...

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Wasnt it supposed to go like this:

the first people to enter the open beta should be people who have pre ordered the CE, secondly the people from the closed beta, and if there was room left, other people would have the oportunity to join...

so all this stated by marc jacob was nonsense?

Thats the question I've asked...... you look after your actual customers first and not randoms who registered on various sites just to get a key.

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
I have to disagree.

They have capped the servers and there is only 8. So supposing we can finally get to register, who's to say every time I try and play I dont have a 3 hour wait to get into any servers? Thats not a guarentee I will get in now is it?

They brought this on themselves by handing out thousands and thousands of random keys to anyone who wanted one.

Thats all I say on this subject, as Flim said this is not a thread for us to discuss stuff like this in....... but I just had to respond.

Night FH.

Actually Flim just said this WAS a discussion thread, the other one's questions only,but it's been a long and frustrating day for everyone... :)

Point is though, your question is "what if they do this, or that, or whatever" - fair enough question, but what I've said is, as of now, they haven't broken the deal. If they do in future, that's a different matter, but as of tonight there's nothing they have done that could be enforceable as a breach of contract. If it's still like this at the end of OB, you'd be right - but not quite yet ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
I have to disagree.

They have capped the servers and there is only 8. So supposing we can finally get to register, who's to say every time I try and play I dont have a 3 hour wait to get into any servers? Thats not a guarentee I will get in now is it?

They brought this on themselves by handing out thousands and thousands of random keys to anyone who wanted one.

Thats all I say on this subject, as Flim said this is not a thread for us to discuss stuff like this in....... but I just had to respond.

Night FH.

can discuss it as long as you don't start flaming or the like - I've split out a second questions thread to allow this.

Dudds

Fledgling Freddie
No more not available! The spinning Cog of Doom is back!!

Edit: and Undefined, woops, my bad

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
What we have:

1. Signing up new accounts
2. Authentication of open beta keys
3. Logging into each server (of which there are 8)

1 and 2 is disabled at present to allow them to process everyone who signed up/put in their open beta keys before the point they shut things down. They're also performing maintenance - with luck that means they're making it able to cope with demand better, so when they do come back online it'll be a lot smoother.
(that's just conjecture based on what I've read in the official posts mind you not an official statement, so if it doesn't come back online much improved blame my optimism and not GOA ;))

part 3 is capped at 500 per side, with a queue if it's over that.

If they need to (i.e. when they start hitting caps) they'll open new servers.

Caps will be raised as more people get into the game and as people get out of the way in the starting zones.

I very much doubt that the plan is to make 100000 people all fight over a queue for a week - that wouldn't be very good for GOA or the people queuing...

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Holy :m00:

The Official Updates are arriving and the questions are being answered so swiftly I can barely keep up!

mini-hammer

Fledgling Freddie
1. Why is the american beta going so smoothly compared to us and how comes they don't have only 5000 people in their servers because of this starting area issue?

2.Will CE pre-orderes get priority over other beta keys that were given away for free? If not why?

(simplified my rant)

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
I personally cant wait to see what the top end of Mythic have to say about this entire situation (mark, josh, paul etc u get the pic).
This is not a flame this is a serious issue that will ultimately decide US or EU at launch, if they address it well and provide enough talk to lease me into at least one month of EU with some good promises then it will be ok for now. Otherwise i can see a lot of ppl changing to US (heck we've done it in daoc and i enjoyed it and it was easy so why not) at launch of WAR!

peace ima start me :drink: pre-college again (fecking back tomorrow 'n all :()

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
Oh Oh, I have sensible question!!! (Well, that is questionable in itself!!)

Ok, I've tried to register previously and I got the timeout failure. When I've retried later, it has told me my login name is already in use. I am 99.99% certain that no one else has this and its a result of my earlier registration attempt.

Now I've managed to get to step 4 of the process, where I am just confirming my details. Is there a chance that I am going to be sent the confirmation email and my details have been saved? - or will I need to reregister with a different login name, username and email address?

I'd be much obliged if I could have an official-sounding answer (No "A bloke down the pub told me... " answers please :wub:)

pez

Can't get enough of FH
JMagnusK on WHA said:
Personal note
Today is the seventh of September 2008. GOA has promised two things on this day:

* Open Beta servers launched simultaniously with North American servers
* Account pages brought online

Ever since GOA and Mythic started this joint venture, both parts have been very clear on the importance on equal (not identical hehe) treatment. GOA brought the EU servers online around 17:00 CET, roughly an hour and a half after Mythic opened theirs. Looking at this, while attempting to remain unbiased (not so easy, as I'm sure you'd agree!), I understand your disappointment. However, taking into account that Mythic, not GOA, are the developers of WAR and that normally - like WoW for instance - MMOs are launched and tested in the US months before Europe, I honestly don't think we've done that bad of a job with bringing the beta servers online.

To the account pages. Well, that's another story. They've been down or not working very well for most of the day. Sorry, about that.

Holy :m00:

I know its not the community guys' faults but what are they smoking?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
the game servers are fine, they could have been up earlier but they did OK there (is what I get from that)

It's the accounts/key management that's the problem...

Stok@s

Fledgling Freddie
...... Otherwise i can see a lot of ppl changing to US (heck we've done it in daoc and i enjoyed it and it was easy so why not) at launch of WAR!

u cant play US server that's the dam problem :twak:

from Mythic Entertainment | Warhammer Online

Will Americans and Europeans be on the same servers?

No, our partner GOA is handling all European distribution and all the European servers. They're also handling the translation issues for the German, Italian, Spanish, and French players. We are working much, much more closely with GOA than we did on Camelot. The experience of the typical GOA player, and that of the typical player in North America, should be exactly the same with all content being released simultaneously.

Lecoste

Fledgling Freddie
may i just say, wtf is the point in this thread or the questions thread?

looking at the past customer support GOA are giving, i 'highly' doubt they will even bother to read them let alone answer them :/

pikeh

Resident Freddy
may i just say, wtf is the point in this thread or the questions thread?

looking at the past customer support GOA are giving, i 'highly' doubt they will even bother to read them let alone answer them :/

Look at the stickies at the top of the page.

humza

Fledgling Freddie

No, our partner GOA is handling all European distribution and all the European servers. They're also handling the translation issues for the German, Italian, Spanish, and French players. We are working much, much more closely with GOA than we did on Camelot. The experience of the typical GOA player, and that of the typical player in North America, should be exactly the same with all content being released simultaneously.

But cant u buy a US download version and strat to play it? I have no clue if you still can get a open beta key for the US version.

Thimble

Fledgling Freddie
Is it me or do you believe that a 10 hour wait after confirming the registration is a bit of excessive. I've still not received it yet others who registered long after I have are now playing. Are you even still sending out confirmation emails or has the department handling this gone home for the night?

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved

the fact that daoc patches always came alot later... if that's what they mean ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Is it me or do you believe that a 10 hour wait after confirming the registration is a bit of excessive. I've still not received it yet others who registered long after I have are now playing. Are you even still sending out confirmation emails or has the department handling this gone home for the night?

it's possible your confirmation email has been spamfiltered....

Lunatari

Fledgling Freddie
Well first of all, I have an issue that the webbie says my account is blocked/cancelled or such, been a while since I could login, I mostly get the 414 error now. *chuckle*

Second, did anyone actually think it would go smooth?

Most here played DAOC.

1: Could we _ever_ login/register expansions and so on on the release day?
2: Could we ever login/patch during patch days.

Thirdly, I still do hope Magnus and his team manages to pull this one together.

I will hopefully enjoy War as I did DAOC, I hope I have to hate patch days though.

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
it's possible your confirmation email has been spamfiltered....

I've explicitly disabled spam filtering ny my ISP, and my mail client doesn't block stuff it IDs as spam, just redirects to a junk folder - but I've not seen a confirmation email for my 'account creation' this morning.

I've a suspicion that either due to overload or in the course of some 'maintenance' not all accounts that saw a 'confimation' message when they were being set up on the GOA website actually made it into their database.

Lunatari

Fledgling Freddie
EDIT: If the ath server & register server are down, how is possible that are reports of ppl being able to register and activate accounts?

Well, I think that their Flash page can answer that.

Sometimes the Auth server becomes available.

Woom, some can login.

The bad thing is that you need to reload the whole page to get it to understand you can try and login.

Most likely something that is told to the flash applet as it is loaded.

I have no clue how flash works but I do know that my firefox was repeating the 414 error all the time until I forced a reload, while my IE was saying "auth unavaiable" etc...

another annoying thing is when you get the _You are all ready logged it_ and You still cannot go to the key comfirmation page

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
"Well, I think that their Flash page can answer that.

Sometimes the Auth server becomes available.

Woom, some can login."

It's not even that sensible! I just rehit the login, and it took me to the 'enter your acces code' screen - so I did, clicked the continue, and got the usual 'error message - cannot do anything useful' banner, except it was overlaid on a page, the bottom half of which read 'you are about to enter your Open Beta code from dates...." or words to that effect - "Do you wish to continue"

And since the 'Cancel and 'Continue' button were both active, I hit 'Continue' - so I might have registered something, I'm really not sure, since it then went back to the usual War-Europe front page!

Edit - Aaanndd - it didn't work :) Launching the client just gets my username/password rejected, so I'm assuming the Beta code data didn't quite creep into the databse in time.....

Lunatari

Fledgling Freddie
Scary...

I could just login, but well productkey said i wasnt...

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved
so are the goa technicians currently still working on the problems? just so we know if we're staying up for nothing yes or no :p

Cromix

Fledgling Freddie
Eihter i have really bad luck or i don't know. I made 2 accounts, one for me, other for GF. diff mails and got none of them.
One mail is on my ISP provided service, the other being a gmail account, on both i'm still waitting...

soylent green

Fledgling Freddie
Just posted by MJ

MarkJacobsEA
collection | wishlist
Title: Mythic GM
Date Posted: 2:45pm Subject: RE: Open Beta update
Folks,

I just got off the phone with senior management at GOA and I know you'll be getting lots of information shortly. I know it doesn't make today better but I can assure you that leadership is very aware of the situation and they are doing/going to do something about it. They are not at all happy about the situation either.

I won't say trust me on this because right now, our European fans have no reason to have any trust. I will say though to see what transpires before launch, during Open Beta and then, if we launch well, I hope we will regain your trust.

Mark

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Very interesting to see how the 'status' posts differ here, and on that other forum that Mythic devs also read.

Here we get the 'facts', on the other side they get a whole load of added waffle on top trying to pretend its not a massive clusterfuck.

Nice try on the spin, at least theyve the sense not to try that here :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom