Science Office Chair

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Think mine will probably be Friday as well now, DPD have had the details but still awaiting the parcel. I've had 2 Dell 23 inch monitors delivered though, so can spend today on those, and do the chair tomorrow :)
Here I was thinking that maybe it's one of those instances where the tracking page doesn't get updated until suddenly the package is "out for delivery" but Fedex really haven't even picked mine up yet.
Thank you for your recent purchase with us and I apologize for this delay.

Due to the current global situation and the recent sales, couriers are experiencing a higher influx of orders. Collection and deliveries are also made at a slower pace, due to the more stringent checks in place to ensure the safety of all the personnel involved in getting your order to you

In anticipation of the higher volume of orders during this sale, our fulfillment partners had pre-booked all delivery slots so that your order reaches you in the shortest time possible. Once a delivery has been pre-booked, a tracking number will automatically be generated and be tagged to the parcel.

I have checked and currently the parcel has been processed by our fulfillment partners and it is awaiting collection by the courier. I do sincerely apologize for the delay caused by this and both me and my logistics team will be working hard to ensure that your parcel is picked up at the earliest instance.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I can imagine even for a Fedex lorry it's quite challenging to get across Europe at the moment.

Mine arrived at lunch, and only just got round to putting it together. It's bloody lovely :) Really comfortable, and reasonably easy to put together. The packaging would put Apple to shame, and the instructions were clear enough I didn't have to go near the video. It is quite heavy, so will probably count as your daily workout when it gets here.

Seriously impressive bit of kit.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Easy and relaxing to fall asleep on as well when tilted back.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I can imagine even for a Fedex lorry it's quite challenging to get across Europe at the moment.

Mine arrived at lunch, and only just got round to putting it together. It's bloody lovely :) Really comfortable, and reasonably easy to put together. The packaging would put Apple to shame, and the instructions were clear enough I didn't have to go near the video. It is quite heavy, so will probably count as your daily workout when it gets here.

Seriously impressive bit of kit.
Fedex have mine now. Funnily enough (and coincidentally I'm sure), it was picked up about an hour after I sent SecretLab an email this morning checking up on the order. Wednesday is the new estimated delivery date.

Bodhi

Fedex have mine now. Funnily enough (and coincidentally I'm sure), it was picked up about an hour after I sent SecretLab an email this morning checking up on the order. Wednesday is the new estimated delivery date.

Normally if query 4 days delivery, but under the circumstances that isnt too bad.

DSC_0182.JPG

And there it is, next to some new monitor action and a very old desk, hifi and keyboard. A combined 97 years old between them :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Normally if query 4 days delivery, but under the circumstances that isnt too bad.

View attachment 41290

And there it is, next to some new monitor action and a very old desk, hifi and keyboard. A combined 97 years old between them :)
You did that for the extra 2 years warranty didn't you?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

View attachment 41290

Points for dedicated FreddysHouse screen

Bodhi

We had out Team Meeting today, which was adjusted from 2 days in Paris in our new office, to a 1 day conference call using Google Meet. I've been sat in the Titan since about 7:45 this morning.

And it's so comfy I don't want to get out of it.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
We had out Team Meeting today, which was adjusted from 2 days in Paris in our new office, to a 1 day conference call using Google Meet. I've been sat in the Titan since about 7:45 this morning.

And it's so comfy I don't want to get out of it.
It looks like we both got in in the nick of time, pretty much everything on the EU site and most on the UK one is now marked as "pre-order", expected end of April or even into May.

Mine's 70km away, still due tomorrow.

Bodhi

It looks like we both got in in the nick of time, pretty much everything on the EU site and most on the UK one is now marked as "pre-order", expected end of April or even into May.

Mine's 70km away, still due tomorrow.

I think the offer they were running, combined with the situation means they've had a deluge of orders, judging by all the "Just ordered..." on FB anyway.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yup, Poland (where I'm assuming they're made) have tightened up their measures recently too which might have an impact on the workforce.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
20200401_164326s.jpg

It's grand. I was a bit disconcerted that it just kind of sits on top of the piston but it seems very stable. The armrests are great, the lumbar support too. Reclining for the first time was only mildly terrifying. :clap:

Bodhi

The lack of attachment to the piston threw me as well, but I figured it was that well designed otherwise it should be OK - still slightly nerve-wracking sitting on it for the first time.

Not half as nerve wracking as any of the installation involving the seat base and the reclining level of death however.....:)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah they didn't skimp on the warnings for that lever, did they? I wonder if someone has done themselves a serious mischief in the past and there was a lawsuit. I was very careful taking it out of the box but then I left the strip of cardboard wrapped around the base (covering the lever) in place until I'd attached the back just to be sure.

Bodhi

I counted either 6 or 7 in the process of building it - my guess was that they are a US Company, so concerned about lawsuits etc - and of course, not wanting to sever customer's fingers.

The wife left me to my own devices when building it, so getting the base out was nerve-wracking until I saw that cardboard sleeve.

Well worth it though :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
I was concerned about the piston at first thinking that it seemed very low once it was in, as for the warnings it is easy to see with its heavy duty nature that some people have broken fingers etc.

It is undoubtedly the most expensive computer chair I've bought but then it is also unquestionably the best as well.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
@Embattle @Bodhi pls can one of you measure the distance between 2 adjacent wheels for me?

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
The spec says it's 70cm across the wheel base, ie a 70cm diameter footprint, but I am not making myself clear... it's a bit embarrassing :)

For my G29 pedal set I made a brace with 2 holes a distance apart that the rearward 2 wheels would lock into and brace, so when I hit the brake I don't roll backwards, so what distance between, say the 2 wheels furthest from your desk right now? :p

Embattle

FH is my second home
The spec says it's 70cm across the wheel base, ie a 70cm diameter footprint, but I am not making myself clear... it's a bit embarrassing :)

For my G29 pedal set I made a brace with 2 holes a distance apart that the rearward 2 wheels would lock into and brace, so when I hit the brake I don't roll backwards, so what distance between, say the 2 wheels furthest from your desk right now? :p

So with the wheels pointing outwards and inline with the leg direction it is 42cm from the center point of each wheel, this is reduced to 39cm if both wheels are rotated towards the back. This does however mean one leg is dead center in the forward position.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Perfect info, thanks!

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
So with the wheels pointing outwards and inline with the leg direction it is 42cm from the center point of each wheel, this is reduced to 39cm if both wheels are rotated towards the back. This does however mean one leg is dead center in the forward position.
chairbrace.jpg

So, the L brackets brace against my bed which is behind me as I sit, and the chair wheels sit in the holes so if I hit the brakes hard I don't fly backwards - yeah, seems silly, but it does work :D

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Secretlab TITAN 2020 SoftWeave™ ordered

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I have one of these for my wheel/pedals. I haven't tried it on the new chair yet but on the old one I had an old belt that I put around the upright of the stand and then looped around the furthest forward of the wheels of the chair. It worked well to stop me departing when I stamped on the pedals.

Embattle

FH is my second home
View attachment 41316

So, the L brackets brace against my bed which is behind me as I sit, and the chair wheels sit in the holes so if I hit the brakes hard I don't fly backwards - yeah, seems silly, but it does work :D

I guess you could use some advanced technology to make some adjustments to it if needed....like a saw :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom