Science Office Chair

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Much like everyone else at the moment I am consigned to the Home Office for the next 3 weeks at least. Currently sitting on a leather office chair we got from Ikea for £40, which has been OK, but another 3 weeks sitting on it is going to kill my back, so thinking about a new one.

As the fun budget is not going to be spent on fun this month, I was thinking about pushing the boat out and going for one of these:

TITAN series gaming chairs | Secretlab UK

Thoughts? Anything else I should be looking at? Would probably prefer a gaming chair, but nothing too loud and garish.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Much like everyone else at the moment I am consigned to the Home Office for the next 3 weeks at least. Currently sitting on a leather office chair we got from Ikea for £40, which has been OK, but another 3 weeks sitting on it is going to kill my back, so thinking about a new one.

As the fun budget is not going to be spent on fun this month, I was thinking about pushing the boat out and going for one of these:

TITAN series gaming chairs | Secretlab UK

Thoughts? Anything else I should be looking at? Would probably prefer a gaming chair, but nothing too loud and garish.

I've got one after many years of average chairs, it is well built and eventually comfortable. I say eventually because my previous chair was so soft and this being a properly designed chair is harder but you adjust eventually.

I got this version - OMEGA Series gaming chairs | Secretlab UK - since I'm not a fan of leather as it makes me sweat, I bought the fabric cleaner from them as well.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Would probably prefer a gaming chair, but nothing too loud and garish.
That's mutually exclusive, right? Kind of like gaming case and RBG?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I think most of the so called gaming chairs are style over substance. A good quality office chair. Maybe not as expensive as the herman miller ones but i got a good quality office chair for 250 quid or so.

Bodhi

I've got one after many years of average chairs, it is well built and eventually comfortable. I say eventually because my previous chair was so soft and this being a properly designed chair is harder but you adjust eventually.

I got this version - OMEGA Series gaming chairs | Secretlab UK - since I'm not a fan of leather as it makes me sweat, I bought the fabric cleaner from them as well.

I actually prefer the Omega, but at 6 foot 1 I'm just above the max height for it?

I'm definitely going for one of the fabric ones, as I'm not a fan of PU in the slightest (which sadly knocks the Noble Hero out as well :/)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I actually prefer the Omega, but at 6 foot 1 I'm just above the max height for it?

I'm definitely going for one of the fabric ones, as I'm not a fan of PU in the slightest (which sadly knocks the Noble Hero out as well :/)

They do it in real leather...

dysfunction

FH is my second home
No. They're a bargain :)

Well I find my Noble chair just as comfortable if not more than my Herman Miller chair at work.
It's also has more adjustments to the arm rests etc.

And it's half the price.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Well I find my Noble chair just as comfortable if not more than my Herman Miller chair at work.

And it's half the price.
Not as pretty :eek:

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I have a dreadful chair at the moment and have been meaning to replace it without spending too much time actually looking into it. The Secretlab Titan looks great, I think I'll go with that one in Charcoal Blue.

Having spent about 20 minutes looking at Youtube reviews, I feel like I'm now an expert in the field. This one sold it for me:

Bodhi

Think I'm going to go for the Titan in Cookies and Cream - can we get stuff delivered in lockdown? :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
The only thing I've noticed with deliveries is they are sometimes taking longer due to demand and don't expect the person to be standing at your door when you open it or let you sign anything :p

Ono

Part of the furniture

And it's half the price.
Yeah, you deserve a decent chair wherever to help with that sore arse.

Bodhi

Just to update, Secret Lab are obviously still at work, as my Titan in Cookies and Cream comes tomorrow :)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Just to update, Secret Lab are obviously still at work, as my Titan in Cookies and Cream comes tomorrow :)
They even gave a "stay at home" discount. Mine's coming on Friday (mind you, Poland > France is a bit further than Devon > Stoke or wherever you are now).

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Cookies and cream. Really. Not satanic red and black. I bet after all the cigs and stuff cookies will look more like tar

Bodhi

Take notice of the warning when you assemble it.

Yep, seen that - will be heeding it carefully, as I suspect now isn't a great time to go to A+E :/

Bodhi

They even gave a "stay at home" discount. Mine's coming on Friday (mind you, Poland > France is a bit further than Devon > Stoke or wherever you are now).

Think mine will probably be Friday as well now, DPD have had the details but still awaiting the parcel. I've had 2 Dell 23 inch monitors delivered though, so can spend today on those, and do the chair tomorrow :)

Bodhi

Cookies and cream. Really. Not satanic red and black. I bet after all the cigs and stuff cookies will look more like tar

Don't really smoke any more, and when I do I go outside. My IQOS doesn't leave stains etc, so will be reet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom