Off-topic Mafia #8 Game Thread

Olgaline

FH is my second home
ok then, I'm abit suprised that calo didnt vote for me strait off, as that would have been a great test of golena's posibility to end it with one vote if he is the last mafia player.
but guess with calo atm pointing at me, we have a situation where it's win win for golena if he's the mobster..

but calo not voting right off makes makes me even more suspeciouse seeming to want golena to make the first move, and yet is that just playign it safe ?

Olgaline

FH is my second home
I have to go with my gut here.
and say it's got to be calo.

why?

simple, first of all his voting habbits.
but more importantly Golenas lack of voting today
it would be very easy for him to persuade calo and me to go vote his way.
yet he hasnt: especially to get calo to vote for me.
and I think they both arent voting "from my perspective" because they both need my vote as the other is the guilty..so

Infact the only thing I see tieing golenas to the mafia is tohts death.
other than that it's "if he is mafia almost "Flawless"
I still think that who ever the mafia is killing english was a mistake as that could have won you the game.

And well, I've never been one to fear being hit over the head for being wrong
so my gut says calo

Vote: Calo

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
If Calo was mafia then voting for you would of allowed you to find out who was innocent, since if I didn't drop my vote on you straight away, then it would clear my name.
Same if he votes for me, if you don't then kill me I know your innocent.

Since I think i'm 90% sure that Calo is the mafia member, then voting for you would of ended it for him, since you could then safely vote on Calo as well.

I guess i'll take the first step and go with my instincts since unless one of you votes on me, i'm not going to get any more information..

Vote Calo

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Guess we both posted at the same time..

Well, reading your thread wouldn't of changed my vote so no harm done.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
I have to say golena if you are the mafia..
bloody hell it's the best I've seen over the past 8 games

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Unless your psyching me out after the game has finished then I guess we can start celebrating. :drink:

edit: My edit was a spelling mistake, i'm assuming that since the game is over i'm allowed to edit this post.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Unfortunatly I'm not the mafia,
Would have been brilliant tho!
so yes if your innocent then we got the buggers

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
I guess also since we're done then I can post in regard to Levin.

Sorry if you thought I was metagaming you when I voted for you..
Your number of posts wasn't something that determined my vote for you, the lack of votes against you was my main criteria since I was shooting in the dark along with what I perceived to be you trying to slightly to twist my words. My strategy involved also making sure that whoever I voted for was the person who got voted off, or I might as well not of had that strategy, which is why I pushed so hard for you.
My other targets for lack of votes on day 1 were Fl3a and Calo so it looks like my day 1 strategy wasn't a bad one, I just picked the 1 in 3 that wasn't guilty.

Calo

Part of the furniture
I"ll get you both one day!!

Don't think this will be the end :flame:

Olgaline

FH is my second home
calo please explain what the thought was behind killing English ?
was it to set toht and I up for the fall ?

the way I saw it, with both of you alive, killing off golena then going for me would have won you the game leaving you on a 2+1 and 4 people and victory

and guessing the no counter claim was a mishap ?

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
English was potentially a good target until Toht came out as the Doc.

I'm guessing that neither of them had anticipated the Doc claim to prove innocence which is why one of them didn't instantly counter claim it, as they simply wern't expecting it.

It was Toht coming out as Doc that I think really won the game for the town, since suddenly the way they could assign blame changed, and the partnership of the 2 was much clearer. Without removing Toht from the scenario I think we'd of had a much harder job pinning them down.

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Golena and Olgaline hanged Calo, the mafia goon!

Town victory!!

Going to update scoreboard and start the process of setting up game #9.

Good job to the town! :)

For the record, role list after random was:

Players by Role:
Fl3a - Mafia Roleblocker //confirmed
Calo - Mafia Goon //Confirmed
old.Tohtori - Doctor //Confirmed
Levin - Cop //Confirmed
Olgaline - Townie //Confirmed
-English- -Townie //Confirmed
Golena -Townie //Confirmed

Olgaline

FH is my second home
but counter claiming toht would have been soo easy,
he had nothing to back it up. and at the time we where 5
convince us one of us to vote for Toht on a fast counter claim.
f.exp calo with a quick reference "metagaming" to the fact he'd done it before
and if we bought it well game over.

and the best way to play that would have been

1- counter claim Toht and vote "only one give away"
2- wait for an innocent to buy into it and vote
3- second mafia player finishes it off.

well maybe it's just makes sence in my head alone :s.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
but aye The claim + slip up won us the game,
Not sure i agree how smart is was "at the time"
but who cares, it won us the game :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I did good in the end! :D

Only regret is the tactic i tried in the beginning as it got Levin, sorta, hanged by my own accord.

Also, i protected Olgaline as he would've been the logical nightkill if the mafia hadn't acted "as expected".

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
And by the way, as i told Levin, nothing said in this game should be taken outside the game. EVERY single post was thought tactic wise, yes, even insults and such.

Calo

Part of the furniture
Well Levin's dead was pretty good for us but actually i didn't know who to vote, olga or Levin. And then english yes.. actually flea had a good hunch that he was doc so i followed him and well.. our mistake.

Was a fun game!

Olgaline

FH is my second home
ah ok cheers calo,

and levin's got to be going for some record now with 8 games as a townie :s

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
yeah i kinda said in my last argumentative post why i thought tohtori doesnt have a power role, because his tactic (ultra pressure on one guy) wouldnt make sense from a town perspective if hes not vanilla townie.
but overall, pretty good play from the town side, and a few bad choices by us. gg

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
yeah i kinda said in my last argumentative post why i thought tohtori doesnt have a power role, because his tactic (ultra pressure on one guy) wouldnt make sense from a town perspective if hes not vanilla townie.
but overall, pretty good play from the town side, and a few bad choices by us. gg

Yeah it didn't work, dropping it for sure.

Ah well, testing is the way to glory and in the end, i did call it as it is ;)

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
I've got some arguments why doing what Toht did would benefit him but i'll save them for a future game. ;)

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Golena, no hard feelings. I was a little frustrated at the time at being voted of for what I perceived as people saying "i can't be a townie AGAIN" and I suppose I can understand that argument. I've just been lucky enough (or unlucky depending on your perspective) to not be mafia a single once in my eight or whatever games i've played. :) Each game is new, with equal chances to become mafia, so i just didn't see why people would even think of using that as an argument. It wasn't just you though, and I wasn't that pissed. Just frustrated. :)

Also, I wasn't able to defend myself as well as i'd liked to this game. I've been busy with life and work and had a hard time concentrating enough to post well. Still, I thought I defended myself well enough with facts. It's just that people refused to acknowledge them! I guess as you say, you were hellbent on getting me no matter what. I knew i'd have to come out as a cop and it was just a matter of timing it right, until I was sure there was no other way to survive. It was bad luck that I got hung while making my cop claiming post after coming back from lunch! :D Slick move by Calo there, hehe.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Golena, no hard feelings. I was a little frustrated at the time at being voted of for what I perceived as people saying "i can't be a townie AGAIN" and I suppose I can understand that argument. I've just been lucky enough (or unlucky depending on your perspective) to not be mafia a single once in my eight or whatever games i've played. :) Each game is new, with equal chances to become mafia, so i just didn't see why people would even think of using that as an argument. It wasn't just you though, and I wasn't that pissed. Just frustrated. :)

I know my vote had nothing to do with you always being a townie in the past as like you said that means nothing. It was all about picking one of the 3 people that hadn't been voted for by someone else. Everything else I said was simply a way to try and get the other people to vote with me.

Still, I thought I defended myself well enough with facts. It's just that people refused to acknowledge them! I guess as you say, you were hellbent on getting me no matter what.

The problem with being a townie is that there's no facts you can use to defend yourself, which is why I didn't even try to defend myself against your vote. The vote on day 1 is always about speculation, so there's simply no way you can prove yourself to be a member of the town. I also wasn't hellbent on getting you, but on getting someone that I chose and voted on first, since for me it gave the best chance of a lynch. Unfortunately I picked the cop and calo sneaked in and lynched you at just the wrong (or the right for him) time.

Calo

Part of the furniture
Actually wrong time. If i had waited a bit longer I would have voted on olga because flea could roleblock levin all the way down.
Don't know how the game would have gone then.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Oh bloody hell Levin, the townie thing was a "joke"! even you have to admit it's kinda tragic comical that you've ended up townie 8 times in a row. It was hardly the basis for anyones vote, at least not mine

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Well, joke or not.. that and the comments that I hadn't been as "active as usual" was what was used as arguments to vote on me. I didn't see any other arguments or theories. That's all fair and square of course, but what i found funny is that I adressed them both in my defense, but nobody seemed to react on that.

That in turn lead me to believe that those comments were only used to justify a very random vote (just as Golena said, you have to pick *someone* on day one). And that, in turn, makes it impossible to defend against (since the reasons given were just jokes or false justifications), so while Tohtori thought i didn't defend myself enough, I don't see what else I could have said to make people not vote on me. I met what was said with facts; giving post counts to point out that was NOT inactive and pointing out the fact that earlier game roles matters zero.

Aaaanyway.. town won, so ultimately it was probably good that I died! :D The way things went on day one, i would have been hellbent on getting Golena and then Tohtori.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
aye thats the part i regretted the most, not sticking to my unvote as when i returned from work you had been lynched "so never got to react to your defence actually.

and As my sporatic voting clearly showed I was very much in dout as to your guilt, especially due to the your unvote on me:

so basicly that was the thanks you got for saving my ass was an axe in the back and I'm well aware off that.

But from my perspective it seemed as if people whehre only willing to consider you or me!
My points on Toht got ignored and my points on English and Calo got ignored as well and I knew that not supporting a lynch for you would almost certin mean my getting hung. and I even considered this as an option since I knew that I was "cheap" for the town to loose, but I also knew that at least I was 100% sure of my own innocence and there was always the off chance you'd turnout mafia so chose that option.

Had I gotten home before Calo's vote I most likely would have unvoted actually:
and ok joke is maybe a wrong word to describe it, was more in good fun or at least thats how it was intended. and Yes I did think you acted abit "odd" but that Was clearly explained when i saw your role it made perfect sence.

Hope that clears it up abit?

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
It's all fine Olgaline, I learnt a lot this game. I've never been lynched before in a mafia game, so I was unused to defending myself like that as well.

Just out of curiousity though, how was I acting odd? Do you mean by inactivity compared to you and Tohtori, or by something else? I don't want to seem odd when i'm really not! :D

Olgaline

FH is my second home
well.

first off you were quick to get off a vote on page 3, post #39
you havent done that before aflik, and yes you seemed kinda quiet "for you" but sure that kinda unfiar as the rest were quiet too compeared to toht and I, but you've never been one to shy away from the sorts, wich seemed "abit odd" espeically in questioning Tohts motives, and yet from my perspective "You didnt" not until golena put the spot light on you, and that more than anything ahd me wondering and fed my suspecion. then you voted for me, and then! you unvoted after calo and that really really threw me! becuase up til that point I thought aha! he's fishy! but that move made No sence if you were mafia, and by that time I had you figured as innocent, then golena sugested that it might have been tactical but well that would have been abit far fetched as well, you had a free lynch so why risk that for a simple tactical move just to throw people off abit "especially in a 7 man game.

so in all Honesty, my vote for you was self preservation more than anything els!
I had hoped i could have swade you to go for f.exp Toht, English or calo giving us a two count, but you semmed locked on Golena and I didnt agree and wasnt willing to go your way.. so that basicly that left me with two options take the fall or Cross my fingers and hope.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Just wanted to clear that i didn't vote for anyone based on activity or not.

I had reasons to vote you Levin,have to view back and digdug them up for you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom