Games Oculus Rift

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Yes, it's as much head movement as you program it for. So long as the TrackIR camera can see what it's sensing it'll detect whatever movement got it to that position. So it's not going to do 180degrees yaw, but it'll do 90+ degrees either side.

Given your monitor isn't moving I find it best to tune the curves so that when I'm looking as far left/right as I can, and still see the monitor comfortably by moving my eyes the other way, it moves the in-game camera as far as I could possibly need it to.

For ED note that you won't be able to open the side panels with keypresses whilst TrackIR is active (you can have a keybind to pause it, but takes a second or so to propogate to the game). Instead you will need to look at them, and to do so you have to not only look left/right but also slightly down. This is so that you can simply look left/right out the windows without triggering the panels.

mmmkay chumlar that sounds a bit odd to me, but I guess it works well enough or you'd never give it your reccy. I worked a tonne of hours over the weekend so we shall see :)

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I bet Sony'll beat them to it, and do it cheaper.

It'll be a bit shit compared to the rift, but it'll be like VHS and Betamax - and the shit one'll win. ;)

Exactly, the one thats "just good enough" will win.

strangely brown

Can't get enough of FH
So, I invested in the trackIR 5... It makes a big difference viewing the universe around you, and is useful in combat situations (although I'm usually a cowardy custard and run away). Should keep me happy until the rift is released proper.

Beta 3 of ED seems to be a bit buggy... Keep getting stuck with cargo that I can't jettison when missions "disappear"...

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
So, I invested in the trackIR 5... It makes a big difference viewing the universe around you, and is useful in combat situations (although I'm usually a cowardy custard and run away). Should keep me happy until the rift is released proper.

Beta 3 of ED seems to be a bit buggy... Keep getting stuck with cargo that I can't jettison when missions "disappear"...

I found that sometimes the missions re-appear when you jump back to the originating system so you can abandon them and then sell the cargo as stolen... problem is in Beta 3 you'll usually be fined for failing the mission. Others have said reclogging can help, or you can wait until the mission timer would have expired when the cargo will become stolen even if you don't have the mission showing.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
More importantly, we've a subscriber called @strangely brown - and he's only posted 50 posts since 2003?

Who the fuck are you m8, why haven't you posted in three years - and start posting more! :)

strangely brown

Can't get enough of FH
More importantly, we've a subscriber called @strangely brown - and he's only posted 50 posts since 2003?

Who the fuck are you m8, why haven't you posted in three years - and start posting more! :)

I'm a grumpy old fart who's been lurking at Freddyshouse since the old Barrysworld days... I've been fortunate enough to have been posted in different parts of the world for work, so haven't always had either the kit, connection or the time to stay "up to date" with what's happened in the gaming world (or these forums). In the past year, I've come back to the UK permanently, so will be lurking around the boards more than normal, and who knows, may even write the odd post ;)

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I can't believe how good the tracking is using my Note in a VR viewer..spinning is instant..no lag and you can move you head with such accuracy to pretty well follow individual pixels.
Obviously we need a 4K wrap around screen..bur whatever hardware is in the phone is good enough.

Fweddy

FH is my second home
Oculus have announced the consumer Rift will be coming out in the first quarter next year. It will ship with an Xbone controller and later on there'll be releasing their 'Half Moon' VR controllers. Nothing much about the tech specs yet.

upload_2015-6-12_9-37-42.png

ECA

I am a FH squatter
More interested in Vive because of steam support.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Any idea on the spec required?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
970 is MINIMUM :)

I'm gonna hold onto my 970 though until next gen amd/nvidias are out, as the only other option is spunking £500 on a 980ti for a 20% performance gain.

Honestly though, if you've ever half enjoyed a driving game or flight sim, get ready to fall in love with them on the oculus, it makes so much difference.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I'm sorted for powwaahhhh (2x Fury X) but how much is Rift going to cost?? I've seen people saying it won't be more than € 1000 but that seems like a "rape the early adopters" sort of price.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Will wait and see what Valve/Steam do first.

No real point in pre-ordering so early.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I'm sorted for powwaahhhh (2x Fury X) but how much is Rift going to cost?? I've seen people saying it won't be more than € 1000 but that seems like a "rape the early adopters" sort of price.

Imo they made a fuckup and decided to include dac+amp+headphones on it... so I'm GUESSING £500-600.
I think they should've left audio out, and kept it under £500.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Will wait and see what Valve/Steam do first.

No real point in pre-ordering so early.

They better announce pre order/release dates in the next 2 days or they got fucked up.

Their trump card would be announcing hl3/portal 3, vive exclusive tomorrow.

old.user4556

Their trump card would be announcing hl3/portal 3, vive exclusive tomorrow.

This.

I'd suck a cock for HL3 VR.

Re the 970 - I think I'm going to wait until the next gen comes along before dropping £1000+

Syri

FH is my second home
I like the look of the Vive personally. Partly because it should work great with Steam, which I get a lot of games through, and partly because it's not putting money in Facebook's pockets...

old.user4556

I'm thinking a VR fap will be quite special.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom