Obtaining equipment tips

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
To be honest i ain't a crafter and never have been. Only times i have taken up a craft is when i created a scout on Prydwen or when i created a hunter here. You need crafted arrows for the range, accuracy and damage if you really want to shine in BG. My girlie on the other hand is a born crafter and would rather craft than kill people. Killing people in BG1 just upsets her and getting killed even more so :D. I then have access to her account as well now cos she hardly if ever plays anymore. But without 2 crafters in particular this game would be much much harder to play. Which 2?

Well really this could be boiled down to one - SC'er. She has one that is about 650 if i remember rightly. High enough to create gems etc for BG1 gear so that i can cap resists and stats. Sc-ing is not so very hard or so expensive as people think because i provided the money for the training and watched her progress very quickly. It is also the one you are going to struggle to find someone to carry out for you.

The other one i think people, or at least i find particularly useful, is weaponcrafting. You need only get upto 650-700 ish so that you can create 99% BG1 weapons. Higher than this takes too much work, money and effort.

How i just kitted out PKJ recently very quickly.

Went to Housing Zone (need the Foundation Patch for this) on the outskirts of Mularn. Did a search for leather types - Starklaeder - Svarklaeder etc and was very pleasantly surprised at how much gear there is there. Ended up getting about 4 100% quality af 70-80 pieces of armour for not a great deal of money. The other 2 items i settled for lower af of 60 and 99%. There are enough embue points in that lot to pump lots of stats,skills and resists into.

Now then the Housing Zone: Investigate the gear you are looking for and jot down the crafters name. If you want weapons or anything now is the time to write down loads of crafters names. Instead of shouting out that you need a crafter in Aegir or wherever you now have a list to ask personally. Loads will not be online ofcourse so get loads of names. Also do a search for gems and get SC crafter names. But to be honest be prepared for disappointment cos it takes so much time to SC even a Bg1 suit and lots of SC'ers won't do it.

SC'ing - you are going to need Leladia's Calculator which can be downloaded from: http://www.theharms.org/daoc/sc-calc.php. You could infact prepare the list of gems you are going to need from this calculater and submit it to any Sc'er that might do the process for you cos it will cut down his work considerably.

The other equipment i nearly always require cos i experiment so much is the weapon-crafter. This one really makes the world of difference to levelling especially if you do not have a level 50. PKJ actually uses 8 or more weapons at one time - 3.7,3.1 X 3, 2.4 and a 4.3 2 hander. All 99% except the 4.3 2 hander which is a 100% one time drop. But really you could dispense with this crafter cos you should be able to find a contact from the housing zone that will craft anything for you.

One more crafter perhaps should be considered come to think of it. This is one that i have made and nearly forgot about. The alchemist. Taking one upto about 650 again will enable you to make the potions that make the world of difference to survival rating in BG1. Also you can imbue your crafted weapons with the procs that increase damage output. Again it does not take long to get upto 650 and neither is it expensive.

Beyond 650 - 700 in a craft takes a huge amount of time and money so i always locate crafters in the housing zone because gear for level 30-50 is there in abundance.

PKJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom