Tips/Help needed with a new movie

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Ok, here goes..

I've been frapsing alot lately when I have played my Friar and I've gotten some decent clips and some rather bad, but I'm not really sure what to work with as this is my first movie ever.

What do you expect to see in a Friar solo movie?
What do you not want to see in a Friar solo movie?

I'll do my best to work with information you can give me as I want it to be successful :)

Thanks for any tips :)

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
the more type of classes you face the more important the movie gets imho. so id prefer including warlock, bonedancer, warrior, thane, valkyrie etc. instead of 8 shadowblades ;p perhaps if you got a fight where you face more than 1 opponent that shall spice it up too.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Oh, I face more than 1 opponents alot!

Though it mostly ends face down :p

Depends on what abilities I got up :p

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Variety of classes and siturations, nice editing helps if your good at that sort of thing, getting out of tricky siturations to etc.

But don't hold your breath, unless you solo a fg by yourself it will never be enough to satisfy the whiners here and even if you did they would just whine about to many timers used.

So just make the video for fun, not to please people.

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
imo a good movie needs:

Good intro, like Haxen did for example
Good fights (low rr opponents doesnt give good fights which are worth to watch, most of the time, expect u face several low rr's same time, like the french rr11 merc Gaultier or what ever his name is)
Funny, comical parts, where people can smile about
and a good lead out

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Show both wins and losses. You obviously want to show yourself winning most of the time, but mix in some fights where you get beaten as well, so the viewer wont know what to expect.
Iwin vids get extremely boring as soon as you realize the one who made it will win every fight.

I DLed a solo vamp vid last night. After 7 min i knew this guy would only show how much he could pwn.
Imagine watching 34 min of a solo vamp wtfpwing everything at around 150% playspeed.

Try not to make it too long either. 15-25 min is good, imo.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
just make it like vee movie!

...but nah, everything that's been said above - nothing more boring then duels you always win at the same place all the time. crau area with people not adding in the background = artificial bullshit :mad:

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
One of the biggest problems I found were people being to nice, I always wanted natural fights, nothing arranged and preferably no beckoning or emoting as that spoils the flow.

But alot of people will always beckon before they fight me or want to arrange a duel.

Of cause with natural fights you will sometimes need to run fraps for a long time to catch the whole thing as if you get jumped you will miss the begining if you plan to only press record when you need to.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Ok, I'll continue frapsing for some more days, but it's rather hard finding fights where people do not emote before rushing you now a days :p

You go hib and there's a number of people there "duelling", I even have stealthers /beckoning me :p

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Kinag said:
Ok, I'll continue frapsing for some more days, but it's rather hard finding fights where people do not emote before rushing you now a days :p

You go hib and there's a number of people there "duelling", I even have stealthers /beckoning me :p

tbh i don't care about emotes in a solo rvr video, that doesnt ruin anything for me, and thats a point of view too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom