North Korea

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Welp, there's NK fucked - not only America alone they need to worry about now and China cannot protect them from the entirety of the UN.

UN nuclear watchdog declares North Korea 'a global threat'

I suspect the UN will give them an ultimatum which will likely involve UN inspectors etc being granted access to North Korea or they'll fucking steam roll them in short since they've been now branded a global threat.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
UN = Toothless pussy cat, big on words and backed up by fuck all. Cannot get a unanimous decision on the security council so nothing ever happens. Trump threatening to stop trade with S. Korea, Japan, India and China to name a few who trade with N.K. is a joke. US could not afford to do it. Most of that trade revolves around subsidized rice exports to feed the people who would starve without it.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
NK just needs to issue a press release with a guy wearing an Isis uniform touring the nuclear facilities.
Everyone would shit a brick then.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
UN = Toothless pussy cat, big on words and backed up by fuck all. Cannot get a unanimous decision on the security council so nothing ever happens. Trump threatening to stop trade with S. Korea, Japan, India and China to name a few who trade with N.K. is a joke. US could not afford to do it. Most of that trade revolves around subsidized rice exports to feed the people who would starve without it.

Wat?

Worked well with Cuba.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Kim is never ever going to give up his nukes, not for any reason. Not even China will be capable of convincing them about that seeing how strained the relationship has become between those two recently.

We only really have two options left, either accept that North Korea will be a nuclear state or we forcefully remove that country's ability to produce those weapons and the nuclear weapons they currently have. The latter will put a MASSIVE risk on South Korea and Japan. I mean what the fuck will we do if we start bombing North Korea and they counter by nuking South Korea and/or Japan?

North Korea has very little left to lose but SO very much to gain with these weapons..

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Kim is never ever going to give up his nukes, not for any reason. Not even China will be capable of convincing them about that seeing how strained the relationship has become between those two recently.

We only really have two options left, either accept that North Korea will be a nuclear state or we forcefully remove that country's ability to produce those weapons and the nuclear weapons they currently have. The latter will put a MASSIVE risk on South Korea and Japan. I mean what the fuck will we do if we start bombing North Korea and they counter by nuking South Korea and/or Japan?

North Korea has very little left to lose but SO very much to gain with these weapons..

I don't condone war but I feel forcefully removing not only the weapons but the regime responsible for them is the only way... otherwise Japan and South Korea will be living in fear of being nuked at any possible time... ALSO, the fact that those nukes can now reach the USA, I doubt the USA is just going to let them trot on without taking drastic action.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Russia is sort of on Cuba's border, astrally.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
If an act of war is to be used against nk it'll be a swift tactical strike to disable their infrastructure. First a hacker attack and then bombings

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
otherwise Japan and South Korea will be living in fear of being nuked at any possible time...

Sure, but on the other hand if we do attack NK then Kim has literally nothing left to lose. So what's gonna stop him from turning that fear into reality?

The only thing i can think of that would prevent a nuclear launch is if the attack on NK is so fast and so utterly overwhelming that they can't react. And even the most incompetent intelligence agency will see such an attack coming a mile away.

And Then there's China, i'm not even sure China itself knows how they should react or on whose side they will join if all the shits hit the fan in NK.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Sure, but on the other hand if we do attack NK then Kim has literally nothing left to lose. So what's gonna stop him from turning that fear into reality?

The only thing i can think of that would prevent a nuclear launch is if the attack on NK is so fast and so utterly overwhelming that they can't react. And even the most incompetent intelligence agency will see such an attack coming a mile away.

And Then there's China, i'm not even sure China itself knows how they should react or on whose side they will join if all the shits hit the fan in NK.

China won't do anything if push came to shove, they'd risk losing far too much and face massive backlash from the world... pretty sure China has already said they'd throw NK under a bus if they didn't stop being a bag of dicks anyway.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
China's choice

Money, which they quite like after all
N Korea, a poverty stricken ultra version of what China was 20-30 years ago, lead by a buffoon.

hmmm. tough choice.

Gwadien

How long did that take?

I meant the trade embargo, not the success after it.

My point being, if Trump said choose between the US and NK, every country on the planet would say the US - it would be absolute economic suicide for the Chinese to stop trading with the Americans.

I'm sure it will have the same approach as the Cuban embargo too; if you trade with a country who trades with NK, you also do not trade with the US.

So that stops the rest of Europe trading with China.

Although i'm sure China will still do some under the table deals.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
OK, but as I stated previously most of the trade is for rice when yields are low and also grain etc. and without it the people of NK would starve, not the elite. Most embargos, especially UN sanctioned, do not include food or medicine. They usually cover weapons, technology and value goods, sometimes fuel, Hence taking a long time to have any real effects on NK politically.

Trump threatening China is bravado, the US economy would be equally hit but any trade embargos. Probably 50% of the worlds tech is manufactured in China including all Apple products. They are about the only people buying aircraft in numbers that will actually get delivered. The crash in the Middle East has meant massive issues for both Boeing and Airbus with deferred and cancelled deliveries. All of which equals US jobs, an election promise from Trump. My bet is that nothing much happens with China.

Personally I think it's better to do more trade and make these rogue nations like NK and Iran reliant on your good and services. The ~400-600 aircraft being ordered by Iran is great business. Ex. They mess around, you just stop Nav Database and Parts/services being delivered and you effectively ground billions worth of capital very easily. Causing major disruptions to the people who are already used to the flights and services.

Picking aviation as that is my field but you get the drift.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
On the same note, that is exactly the reason China will drop N Korea without hesitation, China and America need each other more than China needs some happy shopper bond villain with a penchant for grinning, pointing and firing off 1980s tech.

China will remove the glorious leader pretty soon and install a puppet, one that tows the line and doesn't draw attention to itself constantly.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
On the same note, that is exactly the reason China will drop N Korea without hesitation, China and America need each other more than China needs some happy shopper bond villain with a penchant for grinning, pointing and firing off 1980s tech.

China will remove the glorious leader pretty soon and install a puppet, one that tows the line and doesn't draw attention to itself constantly.

Its more complex than that; China is trying to set itself up as an economic and political counterweight to the Americans (and India), investing heavily in places like Pakistan, Myanmar etc. and courting the Philippines hard. It can't be seen to throw its oldest ally under the bus to the west and the Americans in particular; even inside China it wouldn't play well; there are still lots of old geezers in the country who fought to "save" North Korea, and that means a lot in China. If they're going to get rid of Kim they're going to have to be subtle about it.

Litmus

Resident Freddy
We have 2 options as i see. Deal with it now, or deal with it later when it's more advanced.

I agree with Putin, sanctions are totally useless. How can you really sanitation a country that only depends on its self with no fucks given

Gwadien

We have 2 options as i see. Deal with it now, or deal with it later when it's more advanced.

I agree with Putin, sanctions are totally useless. How can you really sanitation a country that only depends on its self with no fucks given

North Korea doesn't want the world to bow down to the will of America, they're intentionally trying to provoke the Americans into an attack, and the Chinese response is currently very unpredictable; Does NK currently actually present a threat?

As I mentioned before, ideologically the Chinese will protect NK, economically, they'll side with the US.

Don't be fooled, North Korea is a very poor backwards country which is spending all of it's money on it's military.

The leadership is not stupid.

There was a documentary on the BBC, the other day about the assassination of the brother, the analysts were pointing out all the known North Korean agents at the scene of the death. They looked like they were to be inconspicuous, however, they've carried out many assassinations in the past without a trace - why would they make so many mistakes abroad?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
China won't do anything if push came to shove, they'd risk losing far too much and face massive backlash from the world... pretty sure China has already said they'd throw NK under a bus if they didn't stop being a bag of dicks anyway.

Sure, but what they say and what they eventually end up actually doing is two different things. Personally i think that China has lost its patience, but i'm not convinced that they are willing to completely sever all ties with and support of NK...

why would they make so many mistakes abroad?

If Jong-Nam actually did meet with US agents a few days prior i can understand why caution were thrown out the window... He probably sat on a lot of pretty juicy stuff i'm sure Kim would not want US to know..

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Just cancel his xbox sub, that will make him tow the line.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I wish someone would hurry up and destroy the regime in NK I really do, fucking backwards cunts.

It's clear at this point sanctions are doing absolutely nothing, that only leaves military action.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom