North Korea

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I find mind blowing how Trump does this, crazy.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
"SURRENDER NORTH KOREA OR FACE THE MIGHT OF THE BRITISH EMPIRE!"

article-2182379-145395DD000005DC-27_634x423.jpg
Mayor%20of%20London%20Boris%20Johnson%20after%20he%20gets%20stuck%20on%20a%20zip-line%20during%20BT%20London%20Live%20in%20Victoria%20Park

SilverHood

FH is my second home
As long as China props up their puppet, then nothing will happen. As soon as that Chinese shield falls away, expect to see some action. It has historically been to China's benefit to have a buffer between the US-affiliated South Korea and themselves, but even Beijing must soon realise the current madness must come to an end, one way or another.

What are the outcomes we can theoretically end up with?
North-South unification? The cost of this would ruin South Korea. The US and Chinese would need to split the cost for it to be possible, but seeing as the US congress can't even agree to fund their own government, they aren't going to be funding anyone else soon.
Regime change? One that satisfies the US, South Koreans, Chinese, Russians and Japanese? I don't think this can be done.
Status quo minus ballistic missiles? Fat chance.
Status quo minus Kim Jong-un ? A new dictator or military junta approved by the Chinese?

The last option seems to be the most likely.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Depends how far China want to stretch it I guess.. when it comes to the Chinese economy suffering I can see China throwing North Korea under a bus.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I highly doubt NK will be able to back down now. Kim is so far past the point of no return that even if he wanted to he wouldn't know how.

when it comes to the Chinese economy suffering I can see China throwing North Korea under a bus.

One can hope but i wouldn't count on it. China and NK has a SERIOUS bromance going on and i suspect that it's going to take something beyond bad for China to go that far...

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I highly doubt NK will be able to back down now. Kim is so far past the point of no return that even if he wanted to he wouldn't know how.

One can hope but i wouldn't count on it. China and NK has a SERIOUS bromance going on and i suspect that it's going to take something beyond bad for China to go that far...

Oh I know, NK is the doorstop between them and an americanized South Korea, China are happy to let NK keep trotting on... BUT - if NK did launch a missile and it did take even a single life, China would have no choice but to throw them under the bus or China may as well throw itself under the bus, because the entire world will come down on them like a tonne of bricks.

Embattle

FH is my second home
So another nuclear test it seems, no doubt time for some more rhetoric from other sides.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
They're determined to get blown to pieces by the USA... China has even said if North Korea don't stop provoking people they'll throw them under a bus in not so many words.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
There is no moral stance to prevent NK getting nukes, they have only threatened a defence attack...which is ..normal.
Testing rockets and bombs...normal.
They have the same right as anyone to obtain a powerful national defence.
Firing rockets in each.other directions while testing is an age old show of power, everybody does it.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Nukes have stopped us from going into WW3, because, despite claims, no country so far wants to see themselves vaporised. MAD has worked.

Not really relevant when the leader is actually mad and his followers seem happy with that.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Firing rockets in each.other directions while testing is an age old show of power, everybody does it.

Really? Show an example of test missiles being fired over other people's countries without permission. The Americans, Soviets and Chinese never did that. Britain did its missile testing in Australia and France did theirs in the Pacific. The Israelis didn't do it all and the South Africans did it internally. The only countries I can think of that would be that belligerent (and stupid) are India and Pakistan and while they tested their nukes fairly close to each other's borders, they didn't fire ballistic missiles over each other's heads. What NK has done over Japan is pretty much unprecedented in the nuclear era.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
China are way too balls deep in into the west now to give a fuck about North Korea. They won't do anything at all if North Korea do something (more) stupid and the west intervenes. While North Korea may well be the poster child of what China pretends to be, socially and economically, it is about as westernised as you can be without electing a government.

They aren't going to give up their lifestyle because their alcoholic little brother keeps turning up at parties and ruining everything, they will fuck him off, or intervene themselves.

The perfectly round headed one's days are numbered, one way or another. Maybe he wants China to take a big shit on North Korea, maybe he sees it as a way out? Negotiate himself into becoming a vassal to China.

DaGaffer

China are way too balls deep in into the west now to give a fuck about North Korea. They won't do anything at all if North Korea do something (more) stupid and the west intervenes. While North Korea may well be the poster child of what China pretends to be, socially and economically, it is about as westernised as you can be without electing a government.

They aren't going to give up their lifestyle because their alcoholic little brother keeps turning up at parties and ruining everything, they will fuck him off, or intervene themselves.

The perfectly round headed one's days are numbered, one way or another. Maybe he wants China to take a big shit on North Korea, maybe he sees it as a way out? Negotiate himself into becoming a vassal to China.

Problem is people have been saying "China will sort them out" for at least a decade now, and they're only getting more bonkers. The perfect scenario for everyone is for China to take a direct hand (even Trump wouldn't tweet anything to insane) but they just don't seem to want to do anything overt.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
They will when it comes to it, simply because the choice is having America on their border or their bitch on their border.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
So what's the end game for this? What's the goal?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

North Korea is refusing to bow down to America.

I'd imagine NK are going to keep testing missiles until America hits them and the world condemns them for it (or at least NK think that's what will happen)

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Defence and influence..only a matter of time before we took out NK...well things have changed now.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Self protection.

You can't invade a country with a nuclear deterrant, right? That's how it's supposed to work and the whole reason for their existence, right?

Right?

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Self protection.

You can't invade a country with a nuclear deterrant, right? That's how it's supposed to work and the whole reason for their existence, right?

Right?

Yes m8 - gr8 eh, that's exactly what Theresa and co keep telling us here that hundreds of billions needs to be spent for deterring nasty men (just as long as they can park them on the Clyde tho).

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Self protection.

Right?

1 example of it happening.

Please, thanks.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I just wish they'd get rid of the little cunt and have done with it, sick of seeing it on news sites now.

Kim can go too.

DaGaffer

If I was a tinpot despot, I'd be looking around the room at the League of Tinpot Despots AGM and thinking there are quite a few spare chairs at the moment. Saddam, gone, Ghadaffi, gone, Fidel, dead. Chinese and Vietnamese have gone full on Capitalist running dog and all the rest hang out with Putin and/or the CIA. There's only the Pie-faced loon, 500-year old Robert Mugabe, ISIS (who never show up to these things) and Assad, who's living in a hole in the ground, left. And what do they all have in common? No nukes. So its time to get some nukes.

The Regime in NK have literally spent all their peasants' food money on a nuclear programme to make sure they're not on some American deck of cards somewhere.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yet managed to shuffle themselves to the top.

There are nukes and there are nukes. Some wanky old 80s rocket with a WW2 yield nuke is of no real concern to anyone, if it is spotted though they will find the lights go out fairly rapidly.

Not because they have them but because they have them and threaten to use them every time someone coughs or if that fuckwit stubs his toe, or loses at hearthstone, or the voices.

He is like a happy shopper bond villain.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom